Author Topic: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"  (Read 3636 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »
Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve
Have had a few questions over the last couple of days on and off here but this really is not the format for me to answer them.  There is nothing sinister behind my silence just do not want to pour petrol on the flames - am sure all will be resolved in v near future. #COYL

Great...so deep breath everyone ....and relax.......seems like things will be resolved in due course

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:43 AM »
Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve
Have had a few questions over the last couple of days on and off here but this really is not the format for me to answer them.  There is nothing sinister behind my silence just do not want to pour petrol on the flames - am sure all will be resolved in v near future. #COYL

Great...so deep breath everyone ....and relax.......seems like things will be resolved in due course
Precisely: storm in a teacup!

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2019, 07:27:47 AM »
An extract from my programme notes dated Aug 6th 2019.

'........ after the bad start it was a task to bring back the floaters , but the trickle gained momentum and eventually we were not far away from previous season's numbers. As ever, the play offs were well supported but the club has to be looking at a figure of around 750 - 800 as a minimum for most games this season..... '

In no part of the article have I ever said this was a break even figure etc. It was my thoughts on what kind of gates IMO the level of football should attract , nothing to do with finances, budgets. Happily at the moment we are above the figures I have said here. However how that stands us in relation to our financial position at present  I have no idea - that's not my area.

At the top of the article it also states ' takes a personal look forward... ' hopefully this post has made clear this part of this thread.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2019, 08:14:57 AM »

'........ after the bad start it was a task to bring back the floaters , but the trickle gained momentum and eventually we were not far away from previous season's numbers. As ever, the play offs were well supported but the club has to be looking at a figure of around 750 - 800 as a minimum for most games this season..... '

In no part of the article have I ever said this was a break even figure etc. It was my thoughts on what kind of gates IMO the level of football should attract , nothing to do with finances, budgets. Happily at the moment we are above the figures I have said here. However how that stands us in relation to our financial position at present  I have no idea - that's not my area.

At the top of the article it also states ' takes a personal look forward... ' hopefully this post has made clear this part of this thread.
Over to you Griss and B & G :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2019, 08:19:12 AM »

:comeon:  :oldman"  :farmer: Well said Mark, why,oh why do people keep trying to rock the boat 🚣, as you say you or indeed us can,and do not know how much this club costs to run from week to week, it is a fickle business as attendances can vary from match to match by many hundreds. I am fully behind Mr Culverhouse and his team, but we are a small fish in a big sea at this level and do not have the monetary clout at this level of many other clubs. Mr Cleeve seems to have backed Mr Culverhouse so far, so let's wait and see what happens. I want this team and management to be more successful but not at any cost, we have been there already. I agree defensive cover is needed, but if money or indeed quality of players are not available we have to plough on with what we have , grit our teeth and fight for every point available.
In all honesty, if we are successful, as we have been recently, bigger clubs will come looking at our players and management and generally money talks, not always, but loyalty is generally outweighed by ££££££.   :farmer:  :oldman"

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2019, 08:27:56 AM »

:comeon:  :oldman"  :farmer: Well said Mark, why,oh why do people keep trying to rock the boat 🚣, as you say you or indeed us can,and do not know how much this club costs to run from week to week, it is a fickle business as attendances can vary from match to match by many hundreds. I am fully behind Mr Culverhouse and his team, but we are a small fish in a big sea at this level and do not have the monetary clout at this level of many other clubs. Mr Cleeve seems to have backed Mr Culverhouse so far, so let's wait and see what happens. I want this team and management to be more successful but not at any cost, we have been there already. I agree defensive cover is needed, but if money or indeed quality of players are not available we have to plough on with what we have , grit our teeth and fight for every point available.
In all honesty, if we are successful, as we have been recently, bigger clubs will come looking at our players and management and generally money talks, not always, but loyalty is generally outweighed by ££££££.   :farmer:  :oldman"
Well said Dazza!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2019, 10:14:32 AM »
Thanks Mark,  for clarifying your early season comment.  Can see it could be taken either way and I know you like to have all your ducks in a row before any communication.

Does it really matter to any degree what was in intended and whether it was personal or the party line ?   Simple facts are admission has increased to £18 from what was it £14/15.?  ( canít remember). Plus we are getting an extra 400 (ish through the gate) that equates to circa an extra 7k per game.  21 home games is it? That gives a running total is 150k over the course of the season.  Then add in the extra from the admission increase.  Then of course there is the spin off..... extra programmes, beer food sales.  Increase in advertising sponsorship for the higher level of football that the club deserves. Plus several other bits and pieces.

To me that all addís up to a considerable increase in revenue.  Increased budget ?  Maybe, though we are running on a smaller squad than last season.

Surely with all the above we must be able to stretch to an extra player or two ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
Thanks for clarifying your early season comment.  Can see it could be taken either way and I know you like to have all your ducks in a row before any communication.

Does it really matter to any degree what was in intended and whether it was personal or the party line ?   Simple facts are admission has increased to £18 from what was it £14/15.?  ( canít remember). Plus we are getting an extra 400 (ish through the gate) that equates to circa an extra 7k per game.  21 home games is it? That gives a running total is 150k over the course of the season.  Then add in the extra from the admission increase.  Then of course there is the spin off..... extra programmes, beer food sales.  Increase in advertising sponsorship for the higher level of football that the club deserves. Plus several other bits and pieces.

To me that all addís up to a considerable increase in revenue.  Increased budget ?  Maybe, though we are running on a smaller squad than last season.

Surely with all the above we must be able to stretch to an extra player or two ?

Well said Mallard.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2019, 11:39:17 AM »
Seems to some this running a footy club is easy ... just because an extra 400 doesnít mean all paying £15 + ( students kids concessions a lot cheaper) then the added stewarding etc all come at a cost plus thereís still bills to pay , few extra pints and pkt off crisps is going to get you much !
Love the fact how one bad day at the office ( to some ) suddenly lets all start knocking the running of the club .... I trust in SC and IC and like many have said storm in a tea cup

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
Seems to some this running a footy club is easy ... just because an extra 400 doesnít mean all paying £15 + ( students kids concessions a lot cheaper) then the added stewarding etc all come at a cost plus thereís still bills to pay , few extra pints and pkt off crisps is going to get you much !
Love the fact how one bad day at the office ( to some ) suddenly lets all start knocking the running of the club .... I trust in SC and IC and like many have said storm in a tea cup

Good post Bluboy  :clap:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2019, 11:59:02 AM »
Blue I think the concession figure would be more than made good with the 30k received for FBT.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2019, 12:32:55 PM »
If Culverhouse needs a player and the funds exist then they will be made available. Is anyone seriously suggesting that the club is withholding surplus funds? The club was operating at a massive loss last year and I imagine that loss whilst smaller this year is still considerable. None of us have actual figures and it's pointless speculating. I think it would help if the club could inform the fans of the break even attendance as it will put this futile guesswork to bed.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2019, 12:37:46 PM »
Blue I think the concession figure would be more than made good with the 30k received for FBT.

True but like a lot of transfers do we get it all at once or instalments , if so canít spend what we havenít got .. think Saturday IC  frustration over spilled after getting the biggest kick in the netherís after his makeshift side put in a hell of a display only to concede 10 secs from time .. we then would of been 2nd and got that much needed our performances deserve...
we go again tonight # stronger together

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2019, 01:00:00 PM »
This whole saga has happened because....

1. A club official started the story in an interview posted on the Clubs official Youtube channel.
2. This interview was then posted by another club official on the official club Kings Lynn Town twitter page.
3.  Another Club official then very quickly posted a story through his employee website (Lynn News)
4. This was then published on the website of the biggest County newspaper.
5. No statement has thus far been forthcoming from the Clubs owner.

All this has come from Club officials not the supporters.  If the club officials didnít want this story out there why was it put in the public domain ?