Author Topic: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"  (Read 3878 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 06:59:11 AM »
Have to assume that the budget was agreed to the satisfaction of all parties at the start of the season.  I do wonder if there was a reviewal date in there somewhere. Maybe dependant on FA Cup progress ?

At this stage it’s all supposition and 2nd guessing.  What does appear to be the case though that the relationship between the Chairman and the Manager seems to be ‘strained’. Let’s hope that they can get around a table and try and find some middle ground.

I would hope Mark Hearle will get a press release out there to dampen this story down and let the fans know what is going on. 

This all can’t be doing the  squad of players any favours.   We go to a Kiddie tomorrow night to play a team who took a point at York on Saturday.  If we go there less than 100% focused on the job we could be on the receiving end of one.  Then what ?

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2019, 07:48:53 AM »
I think that its disappointing that IC has again aired his dirty washing in public, we all know what has been achieved this season by IC and the team, and by SC and everyone behind the scenes, it has been beyond all expectations.
All this has been achieved by probably the smallest squad and closet knit management team and playing staff in the division, who have to train and work as well. the players must be feeling it with injuries etc that there are very few opportunities for IC to rest and rotate the staff.
But lets rewind at the start of the season it was stated that survival was the aim, another 15 or so points will see that done. IC said he only wants players that will fit into the club, he may have found the player(s) but do he/they fit financially for the club? I predicted a finishing position of 10-12 where we are currently is nothing short of amazing, should we be in the play offs and get promoted is the club ready in stadia, with infrastructure off the field, financially etc to compete at that level?
Unfortunately it isn't a bottomless pit and SC has to think of the stability and future of the club. I hope as much as anyone this is a storm in a teacup and all will be resolved as the consequences of IC leaving, and an exodus of players following him, would at this stage be unthinkable.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2019, 08:08:46 AM »
EDP article is much more balanced, I feel.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2019, 10:17:05 AM »
KES looking at the interview it  did end rather abruptly and makes me wonder what was said off camera.  The Lynn News were certainly there but was there a reporter there from the EDP ?

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »
Excellent post Graham :clap:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »
Ian is obviously a good manager.
He is also good at manipulation, in the style of the Harry Redknapps of this world.
His answer was probably constructed to get this reaction. To add a bit of pressure to getting another body in.
He did it regards the pitch etc. Chairman reacted!!
Doesn't player signings get negotiated via Rob Back, director of football? The buffer between Ian and Steve.

I would doubt the few big gates we have had this season have helped balance the books up. Those gates have also come with added cost. Also been short of home games in October! There has Been big investment off the field his season. I would imagine the club is a long way off break even.

Keep it positive. Our job is to enjoy the ride.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »
We all knew the squad was paper thin at the start of the season and given that IC likes the option of 3 at the back we always looked to be a centre half light, although Burrows looks like he could do a job in a back three, playing as one of a two really does expose him.  Personally if it needs to be one in - one out then the squad could perhaps lose an attacking midfield option (bench had Carey, Hawkins and Kelly on Saturday) if IC does have a defender earmarked but can't find the finance although this really would send a clear message to IC and the fans about where we are as a club.

Certainly not coming on here as a SC backer as he has got, and continues to get, lots wrong but I really don't buy into the idea that the club should be sloshing in cash after a reasonable cup run and a rise in gates from last season as I still think we are a good way away from break even and that's before the club has to spent anything on upgrading the facilities, albeit at a reduced cost after the grant application was successful. 

Priority for this season has to be 1) staying in this league, 2) funding the ground improvements and 3) taking steps towards putting in the structure off the field that will support a viable step 2 side.  This isn't all down to SC and finding a 'big name' sponsor, I still think the Trust could and should run further GDF fundraisers and 'ordinary' fans can still do their bit in terms of the various Friends fundraisers (just compare the numbers we have on the 12th man or the ground squares compared with other clubs at our level)

One last thing, forgive me if I don't 'enjoy the ride' if it ends in a crash, was on the terraces under Bobbins and don't want to be there again, IC is the best thing that has happened to this club in a long, long while and as fans we have to realise this and SC needs to do what he can to work with all of us to ensure we can keep him as long as we can.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2019, 03:35:31 PM »
Well constructed and thought provoking post Tony, as per.

This however does seem to a recurring issue at the Club between IC and SC.  Maybe it is just a case that they cannot work together.  I am starting to believe that IC did put his name in the hat for the Wrexham job so this is not something that has just raised its head again over the last week.

There is nothing coming out from SC or indeed the Clubs Media dept to shed any light on the situation or to even dampen down this story.

Hate to say it people but I think SC could be looking for Manager no4 in his tenure, sooner rather than later.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 04:12:13 PM »
Are you trying to increase posts on the forum.This sort of talk helps no one.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 04:23:30 PM »

Did you see the interview?
The manager isn't happy, to put it mildly!
Why should it not be discussed?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 05:40:35 PM »
Gs,  the best manager the club has had in X number of years is not happy and could well leave.  Why would that not be a topic for discussion ?  I’d like to think there is way forward to try and keep him, wouldnt you ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »

Did you see the interview?
The manager isn't happy, to put it mildly!
Why should it not be discussed?
If Lynn had not conceded that 94th minute equaliser then Culverhouse would not have lashed out in the way that he did and we wouldn't be having this conversation. This is all just a storm in a teacup.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2019, 06:55:42 PM »
That remains to be seen.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »

We had more posts on the identity thread? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »

We had more posts on the identity thread? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
And, sadly, less posts on the Altrincham at home thread.