Author Topic: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"  (Read 3275 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2019, 07:43:26 PM »
That remains to be seen.
But you agree that Culverhouse would not have been so full of frustration if Lynn had won and were now sitting in second with two games in hand.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2019, 07:52:07 PM »
Stan,  for sure having a mic thrust under ya nose 20 mins after dropping 2 points to 94th equaliser is going to come across as frustration. Couple that together with a trip to in form Kidderminster in 72 hours with a dressing room that is nursing injuries and tired limbs then it just shows the human side of IC coming out.

Would any of us feel different ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2019, 08:30:06 PM »
Yes Mallard and those frustrations sometimes get directed outwards rather than inwards and then others latch onto them and provide oxygen and before you know it there's a big ol' blaze a going.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 08:33:46 PM »
It's not just the Alty game tho, this has been coming for a while.....v York when Fryatt was first missing, IC made ref to the easy goals from poor defending, allowing the forward to move across and in front of the defender, v Chester the second goal RB playing centre half ( and doing a great job for one playing out of position), just switches off for a second, Asante steals a yard and is first to the ball at the back post, v Nantwich a simple lofted ball is met at the back post unchallenged....I am sure as a top class defender IC feels that one of his first choice centre halves might well have dealt with those, so can really see how the frustration has built.
Having said all of that tho, if the money isn't there, it isn't there and SC would have to say 'No' to further expenditure.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 08:43:43 PM »
It's not just the Alty game tho, this has been coming for a while.....v York when Fryatt was first missing, IC made ref to the easy goals from poor defending, allowing the forward to move across and in front of the defender, v Chester the second goal RB playing centre half ( and doing a great job for one playing out of position), just switches off for a second, Asante steals a yard and is first to the ball at the back post, v Nantwich a simple lofted ball is met at the back post unchallenged....I am sure as a top class defender IC feels that one of his first choice centre halves might well have dealt with those, so can really see how the frustration has built.
Having said all of that tho, if the money isn't there, it isn't there and SC would have to say 'No' to further expenditure.
But, as I said, if Lynn hadn't conceded that 94th minute equaliser, this thread wouldn't exist and Lynn would be in second place with games in hand.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 08:49:08 PM »
At the beginning of the season did not Mr Cleeve say that his break even attendance would need to average 750/800?Our average attendance has been almost 400 above that,that is an extra 3000 bodies through the gate + what they spend in the bar etc + the FA cup money adds up to a tidy sum? Surely enough to fund a loaner for a month or so? :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 09:05:16 PM »
At the beginning of the season did not Mr Cleeve say that his break even attendance would need to average 750/800?Our average attendance has been almost 400 above that,that is an extra 3000 bodies through the gate + what they spend in the bar etc + the FA cup money adds up to a tidy sum? Surely enough to fund a loaner for a month or so? :dontknow:
No he didn't say that.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve
Have had a few questions over the last couple of days on and off here but this really is not the format for me to answer them.  There is nothing sinister behind my silence just do not want to pour petrol on the flames - am sure all will be resolved in v near future. #COYL

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 09:26:37 PM »
At the beginning of the season did not Mr Cleeve say that his break even attendance would need to average 750/800?

Grissles, if my memory is correct, I think you have got the correct figure, but the wrong  Club Official.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 09:33:58 PM »
At the beginning of the season did not Mr Cleeve say that his break even attendance would need to average 750/800?

Grissles, if my memory is correct, I think you have got the correct figure, but the wrong  Club Official.

It was also an opinion, not a fact.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »

Does that mean that everything we are told by a club official is just an opinion and not a fact?  :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2019, 09:51:25 PM »

Does that mean that everything we are told by a club official is just an opinion and not a fact?  :dontknow:

Its up to you what you want to believe.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2019, 09:59:20 PM »

Its up to you what you want to believe.

When an official from the club quotes figures then people generally believe them,or are you noe inferring that officals twist the truth? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2019, 10:00:49 PM »
The same club official in his programme notes said he hoped for a 10th - 12th place finish. Should I take it thats the clubs view?

Also, with regards the crowds I personally only take it as true if it comes from the chairman. Hes not told us what attendance the budget is based on?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2019, 10:19:30 PM »
The same club official in his programme notes said he hoped for a 10th - 12th place finish. Should I take it thats the clubs view?

Also, with regards the crowds I personally only take it as true if it comes from the chairman. Hes not told us what attendance the budget is based on?

Well people tend to take any opinion shared by a trust offical as representing the trust? :dontknow: