Author Topic: Tom Ward  (Read 3016 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Ward
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 02:47:47 PM »
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 03:43:30 PM »
Welcome back wardy!
Am hoping this helps shore the defence a little, attacking wise think we have no problems but watching games this year teams are getting through us too easily without being contested and watching the highlights from kiddie midweek seems the same again.
We'll done to all for getting Tom back.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 03:59:50 PM »
Mallard, pick up the phone he's signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »
Number was engaged  :phone:

Looking forward to seeing Ward back in action on Tuesday night. 

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 04:43:24 PM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 06:47:09 PM »
Fantastic News - welcome back Tom Ward.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 11:42:37 PM »
I'm the first to admit I was not a fan of his and he was a disaster at Farnborough when we got thrashed but he definitely improved as the season wore on and we need cover.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 08:23:09 AM »
When IC went to Grantham, he signed Tom Ward from Lynn.....and now he has signed him again......so a fair endorsement and the only view that really matters. I think he will be a good fit and provides something a little different in the squad. Lynn have some matches coming up where his height at the back will be important..... Leamington for one.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
When all fit  Fryatt, Smith, Ward, McAuley (Centre Backs) and Barrows, Jones and Fox and Kelly (Wing Backs) and Clunan, Jarvis, Richards and Payne, Stewart, Carey, Henderson (midfield) and Gash, Marriott, Limb and Hawkins (Strikers) - THAT IS WHERE I SEE THEIR POSITIONING  :oldman" I suspect some out On Loan again.

However, what a team selection dilemma for Ian Culverhouse.

My Team:
                                                     Street
3 from 4 at the Back                       Fryatt - McAuley - Ward           
1 from 2 on Right Wing Back           Jones                                     
1 from 2 on Left Wing Back             Fox
3 from 7 in Midfield                        Clunan - Richards - Jarvis
2 from 4 Strikers                            Gash - Marriott

Subs:  Barrows/Smith - Henderson - Carey/Payne - Stewart/Kelly - Hawkins/Limb
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »
When all fit  Fryatt, Smith, Ward, McAuley (Centre Backs) and Barrows, Jones and Fox and Kelly (Wing Backs) and Clunan, Jarvis, Richards and Payne, Stewart, Carey, Henderson (midfield) and Gash, Marriott, Limb and Hawkins (Strikers) - THAT IS WHERE I SEE THEIR POSITIONING  :oldman" I suspect some out On Loan again.

However, what a team selection dilemma for Ian Culverhouse.

My Team:
                                                     Street
3 from 4 at the Back                       Fryatt - McAuley - Ward           
1 from 2 on Right Wing Back           Jones                                     
1 from 2 on Left Wing Back             Fox
3 from 7 in Midfield                        Clunan - Richards - Jarvis
2 from 4 Strikers                            Gash - Marriott

Subs:  Barrows/Smith - Henderson - Carey/Payne - Stewart/Kelly - Hawkins/Limb

I think of Kelly as more of an attacker than wing back and Stewart is a forward but must be the prime candidate to go out on loan.  Once (if) everyone is fit then that's a squad of 18 (don't think Stewart or Limb are anywhere near step 2 standard) but injuries and suspensions are likely to mean IC will rarely have to perm 16 from 18 for a match day squad.  We can all agree to disagree over who is then in the starting 11 (I would have Henderson and Kelly well ahead of Richards in a midfield 3)

One thing that does concern me is that IC seems very fixed with his starting players - having said he was going to get on the bus and see what he had on Tuesday he then fielded the same 11 and didn't really use the bench.  Personally I think some of the lads on that bench are equally as good, if not better if given the chance, as the starters.  If tomorrow goes ahead then I would like to see some of those other lads being given the opportunity to play from the start

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »
Kelly is a talented boy but has struggled to find his best so far and Richards is a different type of player but a good footballer and more consistent performer.

Linnet64

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
Good to have Wardy back, like a family member returning to the fold, so must be heartbreaking for any of the lads when asked to go out on loan.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Why would 1 coming in mean others going out on loan ??? Few hours/ days ago the squad was too small and needed extra bodies
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
If all 16 who were on duty on Tuesday are fit and available. Tom Ward joining the squad would mean one player will be kicking his heals on the sidelines.  Maybe the odd man out will get a 90
Mom blow out in the Reserves ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »
I liked Ward before, but Im disappointed to see Barrows on the bench.  I agree with TonyM that Kelly, Carey, Barrows are every bit as good as those getting selected at present, and with Smith, Fryatt, Smith, McCauley and Ward were a bit top heavy now for CHs.  IC May have a job to keep them all happy considering the journeys like todays, and the probability they could all get in most teams at this level.  Cant agree that IC can necessarily spot a player better than those using their eyes on the sidelines, because most punters could have told Mourinho that Salah and De Bruyne were players way above his own assessment.  Id like to think Stan is right about ICs powers of perception, but well see - hes certainly doing us proud so far !