Author Topic: Bradford PA  (Read 3056 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford PA
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 08:28:40 PM »
According to the Bradford report Gash got the first yellow for time wasting and the 2nd for a high foot in the corner.

Maybe needs a rest, but boy are we gonna miss him.  When does his ban kick in ?

Taken from The BPA website

King’s Lynn did end the game on a sour note, however, as striker Michael Gash was sent off in injury time. After being shown a yellow card for timewasting in the fourth minute of stoppage time, he was then sent off in the sixth for leaving a high foot in in the corner.
Lynn aren't a one-man team. Gash is class but Lynn will cope fine.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »
For a second yellow, hopefully it's just a one game ban for Gash.......think that kicks in 7 days after the offence, so I think that means available for Leamington but will miss Southport (?)
Admin also pointed out on the feed that Ward, Jones and Clunan have 4 bookings and we have only played 16 games.There is a threshold of 23 in the national league, but presumably it's based on number of appearances by the player (?). It seems that if you get to 5 bookings before then, it's an automatic one game ban.
So a yellow in the next few matches for any of those 3, will mean they miss a match. Have to say, it's extremely complicated...a logistical nightmare for clubs to keep up with !

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 08:48:48 AM »
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 08:55:53 AM »
Highlights from game:

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/club-info/630467

Sound fades at start of 2nd half, for about 60-90secs but comes back.

Gashy's 2nd yellow looks like he threw BPA player to ground after being hustled.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 09:08:14 AM »
Bevan's Highlights are a much better quality. See Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTliguPFAM

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
O dear. Just had a look at Bradford's forum and found these two posts.   :dontknow:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody know what this was about? 

Allegedly, Kings Lynn fans had been hurling racist abuse throughout the game. 2 were ejected at half-time. Stewards involved and safety officials from both clubs at end of game. Liam Hughes and Billy Priestley went over to remonstrate with them at the end of the game, even after most players had gone off. I believe they'd been having a go at Isaiah Bazely, who was also still on the field. I don't think we've heard the end of this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I had to leave at half time due to the delayed kick off and a commitment elsewhere. As I was leaving at the cemetery end the two ejected supporters were pleading to be let back in. A few minutes later I saw them walking down the access road towards the main car park. Perhaps they had more luck at the other end?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
Obviously needs thorough and professional investigation.
If anyone is found undeniably guilty, then there can be no half measures from the club.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
Obviously needs thorough and professional investigation.
If anyone is found undeniably guilty, then there can be no half measures from the club.
100% behind that kes80 , this is last thing club needs after all what happened to England and in fa cup
Can’t believe someone would show commitment to the club by travelling all that way and then behave like that for the club 😡 Neanderthal men do one

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 03:38:05 PM »
On what level does anyone think it is acceptable to abuse someone over the colour of their skin?   

If this found to be true I hope the Club not only bans these so called fans, but also they are named and shamed.

Totally unacceptable.

Linnet64

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:18 PM »
At no time did I hear any racist abuse. Their No6 got some hash words for time wasting and then decided to tell the Lynn supporters to FO and gave us all the 5 knuckle shuffle. The football game has come so far to get rid of racism, but to pull the rascist comment card undoes all the hard work of so many especially when used to justfy their own behaviour :red card:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
Amongst the travelling fans there should be someone who knows who the ejected persons were.  :dontknow:

In addition to racial abuse there should be a clamp down on the foul abuse hurled at officials as they come off the pitch - a few "you're a disgrace ref" or "you don't know what you're doing" is OK but swearing and screaming in an aggressive manner is not. Thankfully there is a tunnel to protect players and officials but I would like to see a solid/blank tunnel rather than the wire affair at Lynn.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »
Unfortunately racism and xenophobia are our national problem, not specifically football’s.  And football, which is merely a recipient of the disease, can only tweak it at the edges.  But, of course, clubs will always pay a price, mainly because, in those instances when they do occur, the political class try to hide behind football’s “guilt”, rather than admit their own responsibilities that depend on a proper system of sanctions and education.