Author Topic: Sam Kelly  (Read 765 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Sam Kelly
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »
I am becoming a fan of Sam Kelly, when he came on against Altrincham he made the difference, by running at their defence and put some great balls in the box, in fact he made the second goal. He was harshly given a yellow card in the last minute (right in front of me) for a foul where their player just fell over. he has also provided assists in the last few days. I think he is a talented player and he does not look out of place in our midfield. Carey is another player who can do the business, Some of our players are predictable with their passing, if we are looking for a make shift striker when Gash is suspended, what about Ross Burrows, he looks like he can play anywhere, and can head a ball, as well as a good passer.  Just ideas.  Brett McNamara has been mentioned on other posts, well he was a full back, came to Lynn as a striker, scored a hat full of goals.  Does anybody agree? 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Kelly
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
I agree about Kelly. I think he would be a nightmare with his pace and clever feet running at a back four. Up front with Marriott. We haven't seen the best of Kelly yet but he looks talented.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:26:28 PM »
Like you guys Iím also a big fan of Kelly.  Iím also a big fan of Hendo ( from back to his Lowestoft days).

Not sure he knows what heís gonna do with the ball at his feet, so what chance the opposition !  :mystic:

Question is can you play Kelly and Hendo in the starting 11 and get the best from them both ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 11:12:17 PM »
Iíve been pushing for Kelly and Carey as first names on the team sheet all season.  Definite talents, and would force all opponents in this league to spend most of the game keeping us out rather than coming at us quite so often.  Good football nearly always beats tough football.  Of course, it also requires 8 or 9 men back behind the ball and covering, tackling and blocking ball movement whenever required.  Playing pretty and ugly home and away.  Tell all friends and relations that watching this team is the best weíve seen, and now is the time to come to the games.....

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 04:18:50 AM »
Like you guys Iím also a big fan of Kelly.  Iím also a big fan of Hendo ( from back to his Lowestoft days).

Not sure he knows what heís gonna do with the ball at his feet, so what chance the opposition !  :mystic:

Question is can you play Kelly and Hendo in the starting 11 and get the best from them both ?
I agree that it's hard to know where to play Kelly if Hendo is in the team and Hendo's had a great season so far and rightly deserves his place in the starting 11.