Author Topic: Tonight’s Match  (Read 3273 times)

Les Smith

• View Profile
Re: Tonight’s Match
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
Thanks TonyM. I realise that it is not a massive contribution but as you say it may lead to the recipient taking along another person etc.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2019, 11:43:44 AM »
Great gesture Les.  Fair play to you.  As a matter of interest which part of Portugal are you in ?

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
Hi Mallard. I am on The Algarve - near Lagos. Returned from the UK yesterday - warmer here than there!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »
Lagos, had 3 weeks there earlier this year.  Always parked in the old Football ground car park. Great beaches.

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »
We could have met and discussed KLTFC :cheers: I don't think we would have predicted where we currently stand :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2019, 03:39:29 PM »
Regarding the 12th man scheme I have mentioned it a few times on here , so to everyone out there who would like to support this scheme, which will  wet much help the Club, please see Barry in the Cafe to sign up

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »
Maybe time for all of those people who said they would happily pay £18 to watch to cough upi the difference at all home games,sure it could bet dropped in one of Stan's buckets? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2019, 05:10:45 PM »
https://archive.is/20120803123206/http://www.eastleigh-fc.co.uk/directors-officers

This information may be out of date but they obviously have a fairly sophisticated organisation structure.
One listed is Rob Castle(formerly of King's Lynn) who i went to school with at KES. His parents ran the Grosvenor Hotel on the corner of Broad street.
According top the list he is a committee member and match treasurer.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2019, 05:29:41 PM »
Worrying words from SC, and I definitely don’t have any answers for him. The shortfall is remarkable surely adding a commercial manager is worth the risk to see if we can make a dent in that?
John Fincham was the last commercial manager KLFC had that was worth his salt. (No disrespect toanyone else who held the title but who John didnt know around West Norfolk wasn't worth knowing).
Then before the old club went bust i discussed my partner Christine with the club. She was travelling on behalf of Double G Clothing around the East of England daily/weekly and we offered that on 10% COMMISSION ONLY she would call on businesses etc to try and sell advertising, sponsor boards, sponsorship etc. The vehicle and fuel were already supplied so it would NOT have cost the club a single penny. The offer was refused!
Mr Cleeve told us that we had a new commercial manager at least 18 months ago, how many days did that last?
Personally from my previous experience of running the Supporters Club, Clubshop, Functions, away travel etc we are missing a huge trick here.  I would love to hand over the books from what was handed over weekly to support the old club just to show what we are capable off.
My idea would be to have a general/commercial manager/bar manager etc to do all of the above but working on a percentage basis but to ensure that if they are promised 10% for example of what they bring in then that is what they get.
I will put on my tin hat ready for the flack!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2019, 05:53:51 PM »
Maybe time for all of those people who said they would happily pay £18 to watch to cough upi the difference at all home games,sure it could bet dropped in one of Stan's buckets? :dontknow:
and maybe some could put their money into the club bar and not the Napier:  :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »
and maybe some could put their money into the club bar and not the Napier:  :cheers:

I do Stan,but too many it is equally the quality of the beer as well as the price that puts them off,and dare I mention plastic cups! :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »

Just the Lord Napier, or any other licensed establishment Stan?  :cheers:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2019, 05:39:25 AM »

Just the Lord Napier, or any other licensed establishment Stan?  :cheers:
Drink in the club bar; support your club: supporters not customers.