Author Topic: Tonightís Match  (Read 3452 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Tonightís Match
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 07:06:53 PM »
Ok we have heard what itís all costing to supply a winning team at this level, which I assume we are all enjoying.  So letís see some sensible ideas/suggestions on what the Chairman can do to bring in extra income and lessen the burden on himself.

Iíll kick off. 

1.  Get a full set of Directors/investors onboard who each pay an annual sum to help fund the club ( including  a seat each for the Friends and The Trust).  Maybe 10 Directors each stumping up say £10k per season.  Advantages would be annual cash injection plus a drastic lightening of the work load on the Chairman.   Each Director to be responsible and head up one area of the club.   

Examples
Commercial
Football
Press
Catering
Recruitment
Ground Development
Academy
Etc

Next please

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 08:12:08 PM »
The chairman certainly needs some support with running the club. I know nothing about running a club so would have a close look at a club that were similar to Lynn and successful in the National League. I would study them closely to see how they operate then would copy them as closely as possible.
Can anyone think of such a club?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 08:24:03 PM »
If you look at say Eastleigh as an example, they do have all the personnel in place that Mallard suggests. The chairman should get in touch with Eastleigh and go down on a fact finding mission. Take some trust members with him and Mallard.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »
https://archive.is/20120803123206/http://www.eastleigh-fc.co.uk/directors-officers

This information may be out of date but they obviously have a fairly sophisticated organisation structure.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 08:40:53 PM »
A good way of raising money is the £5.00 a win I am amazed that there is only 12 of us participating in it ,with a fan base as big as ours I am sure there must be more fans out there who could afford it. Reading  between the lines it seems to me that the Chairman is crying out for help and as we now have a real good team I would have thought more fans would be willing to help

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 09:01:58 PM »
Some good suggestions so far in ways of taking the club forward.  I understand Mr Cleeve is to face a question and answer evening at the Blue and Gold club. Perhaps these points could be raised then. One thing I think needs asking is would he be prepared to welcome aboard other directors? The difficulty is finding potential investors knowing, from what we can gather from the owner, that at present there is little prospect of a return on their investment.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 09:20:30 PM »
Colin I donít think there are many Directors of Non League Clubs who would expect a return on any investment.

I think the Club is at a level where for a full time commercial Manager is employed.  I visited  Boston Utd earlier in the season.  They have a full time commercial Manager ( Craig Singleton).  He has everything sponsored there. Stands, Dugouts, you name it, itís sponsored.  Match day, match ball sponsorship were sold out for the season within 2 weeks of the fixtures being released.

We are at a totally new level now. For example do the fans know that we are using such things as GPS, OPTA analysis systems, for all games.  This is fairly common place at our level.  The amount of prep work that goes on before any game is something else these days.  I guess Robbie Back would carry out a lot of this behind the scenes working pulling all the data together.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »
We are at a totally new level now. For example do the fans know that we are using such things as GPS, OPTA analysis systems, for all games. 

Some suuporter certainly know that. I'd have been very surprised if they hadn't been using it at this level and with a Manager such as ours.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
Colin I donít think there are many Directors of Non League Clubs who would expect a return on any investment.

I can think of one in the not too distant past that would have done!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 11:17:28 PM »
10 National League sides operate on attendances of 1400 or less, so why do Lynn need attendances of about 1,800?
And all 10 of them are below Lynn in the league, think that kinda answers your own question
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 11:30:00 PM »
Very worrying news that SC feels as he does.  He came into the club with a level of ambition sadly previously lacking.  I agree with him that despite the vast improvement in the attendances, the level of achievement and standard of play deserve twice the crowd size being reached.  The Chairman has been superb for this club and it is difficult to imagine why any supporter would think otherwise.  The real necessity, IMHO, is much better organisation, OUTSIDE the stadium, plus increased personnel involved.  Obviously sponsorship and competition sales should be prioritised.  Radical suggestion - could there be a sympathetic person or organisation willing and able to supply a currently unused building in the town centre free of charge for, perhaps, an out of ground extension to the club shop, selling the same merchandise, and doubling as an area for sales in respect of (say) a new competition.  Maybe a cafe area, with club pictures/memorabilia on the walls.  Anything to interest and attract people who donít follow the club at present.... but could become attracted to the club in the future, via the suggested outlet......?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 05:12:26 AM »
10 National League sides operate on attendances of 1400 or less, so why do Lynn need attendances of about 1,800?
And all 10 of them are below Lynn in the league, think that kinda answers your own question
I was referring to the National League not National League North.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 05:17:54 AM »
A good way of raising money is the £5.00 a win I am amazed that there is only 12 of us participating in it ,with a fan base as big as ours I am sure there must be more fans out there who could afford it. Reading  between the lines it seems to me that the Chairman is crying out for help and as we now have a real good team I would have thought more fans would be willing to help
I've never heard of this.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2019, 05:19:14 AM »
We are at a totally new level now. For example do the fans know that we are using such things as GPS, OPTA analysis systems, for all games. 

Some suuporter certainly know that. I'd have been very surprised if they hadn't been using it at this level and with a Manager such as ours.
I didn't know this. I bet I'm not the only one.