Author Topic: Fans Ban-Final Warnings  (Read 1515 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Fans Ban-Final Warnings
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 07:56:19 PM »
I would like to see, (if it were legally possible) that within the 'Safeguarding Statement/Club and Supporters Charter, call it what you will, a list of club responsibilities to fans and a list of fans' responsibilities whilst in the ground and a statement to the fact that when in the ground, by the act of buying a ticket, fans agree to adhere to the rules and moreover agree to indemnify the club for any financial loss arising from non adherence. If this were possible the club could seek recompense from individuals for fines and this would hopefully be a huge disincentive for unsuitable behaviour.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »
I would like to see, (if it were legally possible) that within the 'Safeguarding Statement/Club and Supporters Charter, call it what you will, a list of club responsibilities to fans and a list of fans' responsibilities whilst in the ground and a statement to the fact that when in the ground, by the act of buying a ticket, fans agree to adhere to the rules and moreover agree to indemnify the club for any financial loss arising from non adherence. If this were possible the club could seek recompense from individuals for fines and this would hopefully be a huge disincentive for unsuitable behaviour.

That would be some hell of a long statement, there is a short statement of expectaion printedin the programme and in some places around the ground,basis is 'treat me a a human being and I will treat you as one'! Just that the idiots who break the rules have got away for too long,that is why the current crop are making headlines!
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 08:24:10 PM »
"Whilst in the ground you are expected to act in a responsible and respectful manner, respecting fire and safety legislation and being respectful to those around you, both in the crowd and on the pitch. By the act of purchasing a ticket, you agree to these conditions and furthermore agree to indemnify the club, for any loss resulting from non adherence."
Something along these lines (obviously would need sharpening up by someone in the legal profession.)
Not especially long  tho Griss

Bluboy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 10:00:10 AM »
Given the fairly recent issues of flares, followed by  verbal abuse of a reserve team player, on social media, I am aghast that there wasn't a zero tolerance policy in place at the start of the season.
If the club are serious about building crowds, getting new young supporters and families into the ground, they need to stamp out unwanted behaviour quickly and that should also include foul language, whoever it is directed at.
Some 'supporters' need to realise quickly that just because they have been getting away with it in the past , doesn't mean it's acceptable from now on. So if someone transgresses from now on it should mean a ban ....and not for the rest of the season, but for at least 10 years.
Well said , I know football is a passionate game and emotions run high and we all forget ourselves every so and then but if anything some language used make me cringe for the families around the area
Against Altrincham a bloke near me used the c word in everything he said same with a guy at York ( he became a joke around us after a while ) if anything to raise funds we could have a swear box  that guy would of brought messi by half time  , it is a tricky one for the club to monitor but I feel sometimes we need to look at ourselves and think if its acceptable what we are saying .

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »
Given the fairly recent issues of flares, followed by  verbal abuse of a reserve team player, on social media, I am aghast that there wasn't a zero tolerance policy in place at the start of the season.
If the club are serious about building crowds, getting new young supporters and families into the ground, they need to stamp out unwanted behaviour quickly and that should also include foul language, whoever it is directed at.
Some 'supporters' need to realise quickly that just because they have been getting away with it in the past , doesn't mean it's acceptable from now on. So if someone transgresses from now on it should mean a ban ....and not for the rest of the season, but for at least 10 years.
Well said , I know football is a passionate game and emotions run high and we all forget ourselves every so and then but if anything some language used make me cringe for the families around the area
Against Altrincham a bloke near me used the c word in everything he said same with a guy at York ( he became a joke around us after a while ) if anything to raise funds we could have a swear box  that guy would of brought messi by half time  , it is a tricky one for the club to monitor but I feel sometimes we need to look at ourselves and think if its acceptable what we are saying .

This is the reason I sit in the main stand.

At the Walks, I know that I sit in a part of the main stand, where the language is moderate, and have heard excessive swearing being called out by those around me, so feel comfortable taking young kids.

I also know, and hear, less moderate language, from the terrace on the far side. This is anticipated, and people are allowed to enjoy themselves, and express themselves. Chants of cheat, boo's and the regular b's and w's are to be anticipated. But at times people turn from the relatively tame, competitive insults, to really personal, vitriolic abuse, that wouldn't be tolerated if it were to happen on the street. In the play-off semi-final two seasons ago was the first time in a while that I really noted it, and it seems to have been happening more frequently since then. Culminating in the fines and bans we've recently had.

People just need to be grown up adults, take responsibility for their actions, and remember that it's not life and death, it's a game you enjoy watching.

A warning, season ban, 5 year/life ban seems a reasonable gradation of responses, with skipping straight to the end of the scale for more serious offences, like anything that had resulted in ejection from the ground (home or away). Though I do wonder if a fine to the individual could be tied in to accompanying the warning/ban. It's unlikely the debt would be enforceable, but entry could be denied until the balance was paid.

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »
I stand opposite the main stand, but try to stay out of earshot of these morons. If they have a problem with issues watching footballers with more talent than they ever had, they should go for counselling on a Saturday afternoon.  The stewards, who do their best for little or no reward, do not have the authorithy to deal with this scum. The club needs to
Sort this out.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »
Tragically, the racism issue is a nationwide problem.  It is a stain on our outlook on life, but it certainly isnt experienced solely in the football world.  Indeed, the game is mostly powerless to prevent the appalling incidents we often witness, and any blame attached to it is often delivered to deflect attention away from the National problem.  Of course clubs must do their best to deal with individual incidents, but the cure, in the end, can only come through sanctions and education outside the game.