Author Topic: Top of the league  (Read 2632 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Top of the league
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »
A 2-1 away win at Southport and York losing, puts Lynn top of the league.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Bluboy

• View Profile
Re: Top of the league
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »
What a win  :scarf:.... well done KLTFC  what a journey this club is on  :bus:
Good trip back to all those who traveled  .....CíMON YOU LINNETS

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 05:36:10 PM »
Who would have imagined this 18 months ago? Congratulations to manager, chairman and all the players and backstage staff.whatever happens now, this has been spectacular. It's just a pity that they seem to save their best performances for away games that I can't get to.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:48:37 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" This result in my humble opinion proves that we have really arrived at this level of football, Southport are a well supported and financed football team,with the ability to attract players from the many cities and large towns around the North West of England, we are a medium sized provincial town stuck out on a limb on the East coast of England,but we are some how managing to compete. After today's results Southport are still in 5th place in the league,  so this just undermines my belief we are where we are on merit, with a great fighting team spirit. Well done to all involved today and good luck for the rest of the season. COYL.   :farmer: :oldman"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »
Amazing where the team is.  Credit to all.  12 months who would have dared even dream of this situation we find ourselves in.

As itís Saturday evening and before Strictly starts I thought I would ask Admin.  When was the last time Kings Lynn were top of a League deemed to be the 2nd tier of Non League Football ?

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 06:45:34 PM »
Amazing where the team is.  Credit to all.  12 months who would have dared even dream of this situation we find ourselves in.

As itís Saturday evening and before Strictly starts I thought I would ask Admin.  When was the last time Kings Lynn were top of a League deemed to be the 2nd tier of Non League Football ?

We briefly topped the Southern League in the days before Conference North / South under Tony Spearing. Ended up getting relegated!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »
Saw Tony couple of weeks back.

Linnet64

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 07:54:46 PM »
In our 1st season in 2010 as the reformed club we were playing United Counties League. The sleeping giant awakes :clap: :clap: :scarf: :oldman"

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 08:28:24 PM »
🎶cleevo has a dream
To build a football team ...
He got Culverhouse back
And Marriott in attack ...
Weíre on our way back
We are kings lynn ...
weíre on our way back ...🎶

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 08:44:18 PM »
Are we safe from relegation yet?
First priority!
Could not have dreamed we'd be where we are. I thought we'd be okay, with the squad of players we have, but where we are is incredible.
COYL! :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 09:21:36 PM »
Could not have dreamed we'd be where we are. I thought we'd be okay, with the squad of players we have, but where we are is incredible.

Who would have thought we would ever be this close to playing the likes of Yeovil, Chesterfield, Halifax, Stockport, Dagenham, Wrexham (that should be a good one), Hartlepool, Aldershot, Notts County, Torquay. All ex League Clubs.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 09:54:13 PM »
Add Barnet and Yeovil to that mix.   Incredible to think where we are.  Of course it could fall apart but in Culverhouse we have one, if not thee top manager in this League. No reason to think we cannot repeat in the 2nd half of the season what has been achieved in the first half.  This really doesnít look any flash in the pan.

Ok, we are going to get the feet firmly on the ground, one game at a time, punching well above our weight.  Fact is we are where we are totally on merit.

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 12:30:23 AM »

Who would have thought we would ever be this close to playing the likes of Yeovil, Chesterfield, Halifax, Stockport, Dagenham, Wrexham (that should be a good one), Hartlepool, Aldershot, Notts County, Torquay. All ex League Clubs.

and what about the teams that could be down from division 2 might even have Salford there; but there is still the second half to go and that double pointer against York and Chester; not to mention our neighbours down the a17/a16.never know perhaps even buster might joins us yet :cup2: :welcome: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 06:57:57 AM »
Phenomenal result away yet again to a major contender in the league👏🏻👏🏻  Credit to the chairman & all his staff... ⚽️⚽️🔥🔥

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 07:11:04 AM »
You have to give enormous praise to the chairman for his vision, ambition and deep pockets. Whether the town of King's Lynn entirely shares that ambition remains to be seen. It will clearly need a collective effort to maintain this momentum but that National League North table on the BBC website is currently a thing of beauty.