Author Topic: Weekly raffle  (Read 1141 times)

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
Weekly raffle
« on: November 18, 2019, 06:24:08 AM »
Random question.
Can't we do a raffle every week.
1st prize Vip match day ticket grandstand seated, signed program, Inc a drink ie coffee, tea in the sponsor's lounge or wat ever it called
And do a little write up in programme this weeks lucky winner was and have a paragraph or two.

2nd prize match day ticket and signed program.

3rd prize match day ticket Inc program.

£1 a ticket may bring new people in and I for one would buy one every week. Have the 50/50  people selling them plus on the website etc.

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Weekly raffle
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 12:00:30 AM »
Sounds a good idea

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:19:27 PM »
Random question.
Can't we do a raffle every week.
1st prize Vip match day ticket grandstand seated, signed program, Inc a drink ie coffee, tea in the sponsor's lounge or wat ever it called
And do a little write up in programme this weeks lucky winner was and have a paragraph or two.

2nd prize match day ticket and signed program.

3rd prize match day ticket Inc program.

£1 a ticket may bring new people in and I for one would buy one every week. Have the 50/50  people selling them plus on the website etc.

Could we not just promote the 50/50 tote a little more and incorporate the two together. As the last couple of games I've been to, I've not actually heard the ladies walking around with the tickets (maybe my attention span). Plus it would put more pressure on the people selling the tickets, by pushing one rather than adding another competition, think this would be the best option personally.

So obviously you'd have the main money prize, then you could have a second prize like the ones you're listing.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:16:16 PM »
I think they should just reintroduce the face in the crowd feature in the programme?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 08:36:44 AM »
50/50 seller now stops selling 5-10mins before kick-off as he now has to pay so wants to watch the whole of the game (perfectly understandably in my view), therefore has to get everything packed up and locked away to enable him to get to his place in the stands.  Assume the ladies who came round with tickets have taken the view that they didn't want to pay £15 to sell tickets?

I also don't think there needs to be 'another' raffle - people moan that there is too much focus on taking money from the existing fan base as it is, this would just be another drain on a depleted volunteer network and would it really raise that much?  Given the suggested prizes I think you would do well to break even, match day volunteers are stretched enough as it is and need to be directed to the most financially rewarding activities.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 09:06:48 AM »
With you on that Tony.   The Club cannot keep going back to the fans with a ‘gimme gimme gimme’ attitude.   They need to widening their horizons.  The fans don’t have bottomless pockets, and I’m sure give all they can for the cause.