Author Topic: Hereford  (Read 7447 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Hereford
« on: November 20, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
Hopefully there will be a good sized crowd for this one.
Had hoped for a decent away contingent, but their supporters' trust have organised a 26 seater coach and there are still places available !

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Hereford
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
The game is not a high interest event albeit FA Trophy.

If Hereford were "High Flying" in the League and Lynn were in the mix as well there would be more at stake and a higher Away following.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »
Yes Mike, but even so, they average well over 2000 a home game, so struggling to fill a coach of 26 speaks volumes about the mood at the club. They have had some really poor results recently, so pressure on players and manager....could be a tough old game. Seems to be huge disquiet among a section of the fans re the Board/structure etc

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »
Guess it's about the time of week when we start discussing possible line ups  :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 02:25:29 PM »
Start with Gash or stick with the team that won at Southport.   Can state a case for both.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 03:21:25 PM »
Tom Ward is cup tied

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »
So Ross Barrows as centre half presumably.
Would personally play Gash up front. Would also like to see Hawkins feature at some stage. Seems sensible to give him some more minutes, so that we have a prepared striker replacement, if required for future games.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 07:59:43 PM »
Thanks for that reminder Admin. Forgotten all about Ward having played for Grantham in a previous round. 

Jones in at right back and Barrows to partner McAuley ?  Will Jarv get a recall or another weeks Reston the bench.., Fryatt, close to a run out in the Reserves or a first bench ?

All to be revealed

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 08:34:33 AM »
The "Make-Up" of the Back Line might well depend on what IC has learnt about Hereford's capabilities of attacking tactics - are they a narrow or wide playing team, stronger on the right or left wing etc.

Who will line up at the Back?        Street - Jones, Barrows, McAuley with Hawkins, Jarvis, Clunan, Richards, Fox and then Henderson, Gash and Marriott. Kelly, Carey, Stewart as preferred Subs getting a decent game time of 30, 20 and 15mins in that order.

Do Lynn try for a strong run in the FA Trophy (make some money in the process) and consolidate a Top 7 spot or throw everything at a tilt at Top Spot?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 10:08:00 AM »
Stewart is out onloan at Leiston.  Think Alfie Payne will be in the 16.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 01:30:28 PM »
Do Lynn try for a strong run in the FA Trophy (make some money in the process) and consolidate a Top 7 spot or throw everything at a tilt at Top Spot?

Priorities for Lynn this season had to be:
1) securing our place at step 2 next season on the field - barring a complete meltdown IC & the team look like this will be comfortably achieved by Christmas
2) ensuring the ground meets the FA standard to avoid all the hard work on the pitch going to waste - partially complete in that planning application has been made and grant for bulk of the work secured.  GDF seems to have been and gone leaving the owner to pick up the balance of the tab, still remains to be seen if funds will be made available
3) For me a good run in either the Cup or Trophy is far more beneficial than 'focussing on the league'.  Not just in terms of generating extra funds but with the potential of a big 'day out' or visitor to the Walks generating a focus for putting the front and centre in people's minds.  We didn't have a bad run in the cup but still disappointed to go out to lower league opposition, Saturday is a chance to start another run, this time in the Trophy, and a win against Hereford could see us hosting a big Conference National side at the Walks next month and if we do progress tomorrow, I can't see many National clubs relishing that prospect

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 07:40:46 PM »
Norwich are Away at Everton so we may pick up some non-travelling fans who might like to see a big(ish) club play Hereford  :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 09:47:19 PM »
What do we think in terms of attendance ?

I would be surprised if Hereford bring more than 50, so I am hoping for at least 1250 in total.
Gate receipts are shared, I believe, so the 3750 for winning will be important I guess.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 10:07:26 PM »
I too think a run in the FA Trophy would be good.
However, fans perhaps need to adjust their thinking a little following promotion to step 2. Conference North is unusually laden with 'big ' clubs. Every league game is a bit like a big cup game would have been when the club was in step 3 or 4.
There aren't many clubs in step 1, that are significantly bigger than York, Chester, Hereford etc.
The key has to be (along with improved commercial sponsorship), getting big enough league attendances.
All cup matches have split gate receipts, which can put a big dent in the income from a home tie.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 05:25:22 AM »
What do we think in terms of attendance ?

I would be surprised if Hereford bring more than 50, so I am hoping for at least 1250 in total.
Gate receipts are shared, I believe, so the 3750 for winning will be important I guess.
1,250 would be Lynn's 2nd highest gate of the season and 100 more than the league match earlier in the season. I'd be surprised if the attendance breaks the 1,000 barrier.