Author Topic: Hereford  (Read 9212 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Hereford
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 07:55:46 AM »
Top of the league, lots of media coverage this week, Norwich away, I'm hopeful.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 08:33:11 AM »
Bloody wet over this part of the County.   How is it over Lynn way ?

KES, you are of course right the gate receipts( after expenses) have to be split but at least we have a home game so get all the add on’s.   So is an extra day of income.  Let’s hope the home draw luck stays with us ( if we get through today.  Unlike the FA Cup away games.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »
Top of the league, lots of media coverage this week, Norwich away, I'm hopeful.
I hope you're right but you won't be!

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »
Looking forward to today's game. Enjoyed the FA cup run with visits to Alfreton, Leek and Nantwich. Nice friendly places to visit although the performance on the last trip??. A win today and then a home tie against a National League side would be good.
The next two weekends see Lynn at home on Saturdays and Norwich at home on the Sundays so hopefully this may lead to decent attendances at the Walks. After this the cup match! followed by the local derby against Boston. ( How many will they bring 500+?).Then the new year and Spennymoor and York. WOW! what a time to be a Norfolk football supporter!!
COME ON YOU LINNETS!!
( Hopefully the Canaries will start chirping again soon!)

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 11:00:39 AM »
I could bore everyone with my choice of line-up, but will reduce by simply saying Kelly and Carey should be in the team, IMHO.  IC has a difficult task every week because the squad is so “equal”, and maybe the trickiest decision is whether, as asked by a previous poster, Gash should return or the Southport team should continue.  Very difficult, as the team are currently very fluent on the floor.  That suggests stay as we are, but MG is good on the ground as well as in the air.  Over to you, IC !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 11:17:33 AM »
If the pitch is in good nick then it will be big defenders nightmare against balls into feet and being turned on a wet surface.  If the pitch cuts up then Gash will be needed.  Either way we are well good enough to see Hereford off.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
Well, a tough replay, but a decent earner...50% of a 2000 gate could be handy.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 05:53:50 PM »
Need to make up for the loss today.  840 less expenses give a home gate of around 350.  That won’t pay the wages.

Was a dour game.  Lynn never really got into their stride at all.  To many misplaced passes and lack of zip about us.   Not one IC will want to put his name to.  Thought Jarv and McAuley stood out for us.  A lot of 5/6 outta 10 on display today.

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
That was a "cup gate" 840!!!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »
You'll find that some will over predict the attendance so they have something to be negative about when the actual attendance is lower.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »
Think 846 is decent declared attendance for Trophy game , especially when you factor in a miserable day, weather wise. The first of 3 consecutive home games. Always a downturn with Xmas shopping on the agenda. Lack of travelling fans ( I reckon there can have been many more than 20)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
You'll find that some will over predict the attendance so they have something to be negative about when the actual attendance is lower.

I estimated around 800, before it was announced, so not far off what was announced.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »
What do we think the attendance might be at Hereford...given its a cold Tuesday night in late November ?
1700- 2000 ?
I will predict 1850. 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
Today we seemed to lacked a midfield without Hendo on ,but they came for a draw and got one ,they marked Marriot out all the game  but for me the M O T M  was their goalkeeper

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2019, 09:08:04 PM »
Think 846 is decent declared attendance for Trophy game , especially when you factor in a miserable day, weather wise. The first of 3 consecutive home games. Always a downturn with Xmas shopping on the agenda. Lack of travelling fans ( I reckon there can have been many more than 20)

Not a bad attendance I guess and maybe the interest isn't there for the earlier  rounds of The Trophy, especially at this time of year
However, disappointing in the context of the average attendance being around  1100 and the fact that the club need to build on that to pay the bills. I had hoped for 1250 on the basis that Chester was over 1600 and they probably brought 250-300, so around 1300 Lynn fans for that one.