Author Topic: GATESHEAD.  (Read 3651 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: GATESHEAD.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 07:09:42 PM »
Another 3 points gained toward safety (  tongue in cheek) also good to see Neil and The Reserves got a win in.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 06:15:49 AM »
:oldman" just home and clicked on the internet to read the report, have to say, I have just read the Gateshead report via the link on the live feed, good balanced report and up loaded very quickly (putting KLTFC to shame) only thing I disagreed with was there attendance figure which was given in the 300s, not 1060. All in all credit to Gateshead they made it difficult, but KLTFC showed there class in the end to snatch those 3 points and keep us top of the league. :farmer:
The report
https://www.gateshead-fc.com/teams/229141/match-centre/1-4488641/report

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 06:20:53 AM »
Many of the fans near me thought that Gateshead were the best side to play at the Walks this season. Weren't they in the National League last season but were demoted due to financial irregularities?
Disappointing that some fans were moaning. What's the matter with some people! Who could be negative about this team at the moment?

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 06:42:38 AM »
Thought we got away with it yesterday, Apart from Rory I felt we looked very edgy and gave too many chances away in defence...was this the reason for Tom ward not reappearing in the second half 🤔 on the midfield front clunan / jarvis was off the pace today, but on the positive side Richards is fast becoming a must in the middle with his probing and energy around the park 👏🏻👏🏻  Gashy was tailor made for Gateshead centre half’s but although being doubled-up on that man Marriott once again proved the winner with the goal and work rate....well done to the management for their double substitution, as for me was the turning point, for me that side what finished IS the strongest available and more than capable of pushing, if not defeating Dover in a fortnight 👊 great crowd considering the weather⚽️ COYL :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 07:16:11 AM »
It does seem like expectation levels have shot through the Clouds.  Seems like some not only expect Lynn to win every game but to batter teams into the bargain. 

Bit of prospective needed.  We are a part time club playing against many full time clubs who have much bigger squads and much bigger budgets.  This team of ours are turning miracles to be sitting where they are.  Full and total support is what is required.  Then if it all fills apart at least we can can say we gave it our all and enjoyed the ride.

Stan you are right Gateshead got demoted through financial problems not through finishing in the bottom 4 (they were 8th).  Steve Watson, the current York City Manager was the man in charge there last season.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 08:55:44 AM »
 :farmer: :oldman" Let's be clear here KLTFC are indeed punching well above our weight at this moment in the clubs history, I am not saying it is unsustainable( as we run at the moment I believe it is), however smaller teams do survive with the big boys and have done for many years, the old Wimbledon team are a perfect example and nowadays we have the likes of Bournemouth cutting it with the big boys on attendances that would look small in the championship. These clubs were and indeed are in there lofty positions due to somehow managing to bring money into the club through other means(yes Bournemouth now have premier league money, but they didn't when promoted).
We need to support this squad, management and indeed love him or hate him our Chairman, enjoy the ride and hope we can attract more sponsorship money in the future.  :farmer: :oldman"

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 09:21:17 AM »
Gateshead's solid defence and some dubious decisions by the Refereee really broke up sequences of play. I have never seen so many "drop-ball" situations in a game.

Lino's were obviously there to follow the ref's throw-in indications and flag as many off-sides as possible whilst being blind to any shenanigans going on, especially the manhandling of Gash and anyone else in a tight spot with the ball - only seen so many "holds" and "throws" in a wrestling ring  :laughcry:

Gateshead's No9 was a handful all afternoon. Hard tackling and going for the ball was the order of the day by both sides - it certainly was a man's game and not for  "boys".

Pedro was again at his best, saving Lynn several times from point blank range. Jordan Richards had a good game and doesn't pull back from anything - he was hacked down near the sideline and his "attacker" was lucky to see  :yellow card: rather than a straight  :red card:. Chris Henderson had his usual hard running, tackle anything and attacking play and was again subbed - some comment that it's always Hendo that gives way for fresh legs, I wonder he has any legs left after 60-70mins  :worship:.

Very impressed with Ross Barrows who has really settled into his role alongside Tom Ward and Rory McAuley. Nathan Fox was in the thick of it making some timely tackles but less effective up the wing than normal. We played one of our "narrow" games rather than wide wing play.

It took a cool finish by Adam Marriott to settle things and both teams "had it in the net" but both ruled out by a pretty awful Referee whose whistle was the centre-piece of the afternoon.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 10:09:20 AM »
Birch, Ward was taken off at the interval through being unwell.  Wasn’t right before the game but gave it a go.  Was being sick in the dressing at half time. 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 02:05:11 PM »
It does seem like expectation levels have shot through the Clouds.  Seems like some not only expect Lynn to win every game but to batter teams into the bargain. 

Bit of prospective needed.  We are a part time club playing against many full time clubs who have much bigger squads and much bigger budgets.  This team of ours are turning miracles to be sitting where they are.  Full and total support is what is required.  Then if it all fills apart at least we can can say we gave it our all and enjoyed the ride.

Stan you are right Gateshead got demoted through financial problems not through finishing in the bottom 4 (they were 8th).  Steve Watson, the current York City Manager was the man in charge there last season.
You see those unrealistic expectations in some attendance predictions.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" I was reading earlier today that York City have sold the naming  rights to there new stadium for next season to LNER (London Noth Eastern Railways , I believe), this is obviously good for them financially and a guaranteed income for next season already sorted. This is where the difference in the team behind the team are, we struggle to sell our sponsorship opportunities yet they are already sorting out next season. I realise they are ex league, but they are now in the same league as us, so therefore we need to be trying to pull in more sponsorship. Why, oh why, do KLTFC seem unable to attract sponsors? ( please do not blame the chairman). There are many large companies around West Norfolk, we really do need to keep banging on there doors while we are riding the crest of the wave and sell this football club to them.  :farmer: :oldman"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
Talking of Clubs coming into Money.  Boston got a 0-0 draw at Rochdale so will have a big crowd for that one with the chance of making it through to the 3rd Round and the chance of a pulling a real biggie.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 10:58:13 PM »
:farmer: :oldman" I was reading earlier today that York City have sold the naming  rights to there new stadium for next season to LNER (London Noth Eastern Railways , I believe), this is obviously good for them financially and a guaranteed income for next season already sorted. This is where the difference in the team behind the team are, we struggle to sell our sponsorship opportunities yet they are already sorting out next season. I realise they are ex league, but they are now in the same league as us, so therefore we need to be trying to pull in more sponsorship. Why, oh why, do KLTFC seem unable to attract sponsors? ( please do not blame the chairman). There are many large companies around West Norfolk, we really do need to keep banging on there doors while we are riding the crest of the wave and sell this football club to them.  :farmer: :oldman"
Dazza, I said before (not to your post but in general) we may have large companies in the area but very few and far between large LOCAL companies, by local I mean owned and run by local people with coonections to our area, and by large I mean hundreds of local employees with a product/service that is sold nationwide and a company that would benefit from having its name attached to our club. In these financial times money is tight for all businesses and they would need to see some "gain" from sponsoring a football club.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 07:53:24 PM »
I missed this game, but not surprised to read that Kelly and Carey turned the game in Lynn’s favour when they came on.  The team sheet looked too defensive and would encourage the opponents to come at us.  We’re top scorers in any level of pro- football this season, any team would stay back, in general, if we have an entirely attacking midfield, home or away.  Big thanks, as usual, to The Chairman and IC......