Author Topic: Change of Name  (Read 4195 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Change of Name
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 08:21:40 AM »
They are elected at the A G M proposed and seconded if that answered your Question
Thank you.

Do prospective committee members have to be FOTL members for any set period before they can apply to become committee members, or can they just turn up at the AGM and put their names forward.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 04:14:41 PM »
They would have to be a member of the T F O L  but Iam not aware of any time limits

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 04:22:57 PM »
They would have to be a member of the T F O L  but Iam not aware of any time limits

Many thanks again.

If you could find out for certain, and let me know, it would be very much appreciated.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
I will check the constitution and get back to you

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 05:49:14 PM »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 08:03:16 PM »
Are prospective committee members proposed and seconded by the members? :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »
They sure are Giss all done correctly

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »

M A Hill. Did you manage to find the answer to the previously asked question?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 04:17:10 PM »

Is the constitution proving hard to verify M A Hill ?  Surely it canít take all this time to check out ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »
The reason is simple and I apologise for the delay I have asked to get a copy of the rules but Iam still waiting to get my hands on a copy of the constitution I am hoping to get hold of one by Saturday (I have heard well itís on my computer somewhere ) so once again I apologise for the delay

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »
The reason is simple and I apologise for the delay I have asked to get a copy of the rules but Iam still waiting to get my hands on a copy of the constitution I am hoping to get hold of one by Saturday (I have heard well itís on my computer somewhere ) so once again I apologise for the delay

:clap:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2019, 11:49:09 AM »
On reading the Constitution it states any person wishing to join the committee must be a member of the club and with the approval of the committee, it doesnít state how long you have to be a member  so I assume you could join the club at the A G M and be voted on to the committee with the approval of the existing committee, hope this answers your question and sorry for the Delay

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2019, 01:13:43 PM »
Not entirely sure that was the process that was used when you joined the committee MAH, seems an unusual procedure being down to the committee and not the membership - maybe a rule change proposal for next years AGM?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:20 PM »
On reading the Constitution it states any person wishing to join the committee must be a member of the club and with the approval of the committee, it doesnít state how long you have to be a member  so I assume you could join the club at the A G M and be voted on to the committee with the approval of the existing committee, hope this answers your question and sorry for the Delay

Thanks MA Hill. Very much appreciated. Just trying to clarify a couple of points.

Are you saying its the committee who decides who's on the committee?

Surely that can't be correct if its a Supporters Club. With a Supporters Club, that usually only happens when they need to co-opt a new member, (as an example) due to being short on numbers.

If its a Supporters Club, I would have thought it would be the members that voted the Committee members on.

The committee members have to approve an application for Club membership? Is that just a tick box exercise?

If the committee is self elected, and also have to approve membership before a person can apply for a place on the committee, that sounds a bit closed shop to me. IMHO, not the best way to go about getting more people involved (which I understand is what you are trying to achieve).

I stand to be corrected if my understanding of this is wrong.

Would you mind checking on this again for me please?  Or maybe put a copy of the constitution on the forum  for us to see?

Once again, many thanks for your efforts.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »
I think you have gone a bit to deep the approval would be a merely nod to say no objection to the new member joining ,I have only been to one A G M and I canít remember this rule being adhered too