Author Topic: Change of Name  (Read 4302 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Change of Name
« on: November 28, 2019, 08:45:54 PM »
The friends of the Linnets committee are looking at changing the name to King’s Lynn Town FC Supporters Club, does anyone have any thoughts on this change?

Linnet64

Re: Change of Name
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:33:08 PM »
That sounds pretty good, sort of reconnects again

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 10:59:11 PM »
Any reason for the proposed change of name?  Presume this would be something for the AGM next year?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
It would have to become a supporters club first,and do stuff that benefits the supporters instead of just fund raise for the club? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 12:37:30 AM »
What’s helping the club to keep a float ,is that not doing a job for the supporters Griss or what else are you thinking off

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 12:45:05 AM »
The reason for the change of name is it simply it sounds more like a surporters club than the old one

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 08:11:50 AM »
Friends of the Linnets seems a prefect title if the object is to solely raise funds to help the club by offering an extra income stream.   Supporters Club seems ( to me) to suggest it is there for the Supporters of the Club.

At the end of the day does it matter what you call yourself ?  Friends certainly has a much softer and empathetic ring to it that just plain Supporters.

samsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 12:42:44 PM »
For me personally, I don't think the change of name matters. What would be good is perhaps more communication on the forum and via social media what you do, how suppporters may help and get involved? Apologies if this happens and I have missed it?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 04:24:35 PM »
That’s one of the reasons behind the thinking of the name change to get more people interested in joining a  Supporters Club , more members equals more chance of raising more money to help run our football club

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »
Good idea I think. Friends otl always sounded a bit like a closed shop to me, a Supporters club sounds more open and may attract more people
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »
M A Hill, is spot on , it sounds very collective, its inviting everyone. Not just friends.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 08:48:55 PM »
M A Hill, is spot on , it sounds very collective, its inviting everyone. Not just friends.

Would that be inviting everyone to have some input into the committee meetings,I don't mean everyone attending,but maybe meeting dates could be announced giving members the chance to suggest subjects for discussion? Depending on the subject it could be made an item on the agenda,or placed into any other business. And maybe offer the opportunity for members to attend an occasional meeting as the trust does? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 09:55:02 PM »
I see nothing wrong in that Griss in fact it is one of your better ideas

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 11:15:14 PM »
Are the committee members elected these days, or is it the same as it was when first formed?

If the officials are elected, being a Supporters Club sounds good to me. If not, I'd stay with FOTL.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
They are elected at the A G M proposed and seconded if that answered your Question