Author Topic: Looking good.  (Read 2266 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Looking good.
« on: December 07, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »
                                H O M E                                        A W A Y

P    W   D   L   F   A          W   D   L   F   A   Gd   Pts      
1   King's Lynn   20   8   3   0   29   13      5   2   2   17   16   17   44      
2   York City       20   5   4   0   12      4      6   4   1   19   8    19    41   
3   Chester          19   6   2   1   22   9        3   5   2   15   13   15   34      
4   Southport      20   7   2   2   18   8        3   2   4     8     8    10  34      

:scarf:  :cup2:  :scarf:  :cup2:

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Re: Looking good.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:50:52 PM »
TonyM, what did you think of the game today?

Mallard, what's your thoughts please?

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 07:03:33 PM »
We played well at times but the heavy pitch didnít help our passing game but as the game went on we got used to the surface ,their goal keeper pulled off a Magnificent save

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 08:06:58 PM »
B&G. Canít say I was overall impressed with our visitors.  We struggled to get our passing game going on what was a heavy pitch that really cut up in the 2nd.   We always looked in control, and comfortable without really hitting top gear.  The game got really stretched in the last quarter and we could have had 3 or 4 more goals. 

Think the pitch took its toll on the players hence why the game got so stretched. Thought Fox did a decent job on the 10 Roberts, who is a bit of class for this level.  Richards worked his conkers off and they had no answer to Gash who ruled the roost with their central defender.

Linnet64

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »
                                H O M E                                        A W A Y

P    W   D   L   F   A          W   D   L   F   A   Gd   Pts      
1   King's Lynn   20   8   3   0   29   13      5   2   2   17   16   17   44      
2   York City       20   5   4   0   12      4      6   4   1   19   8    19    41   
3   Chester          19   6   2   1   22   9        3   5   2   15   13   15   34      
4   Southport      20   7   2   2   18   8        3   2   4     8     8    10  34      

:scarf:  :cup2:  :scarf:  :cup2:

Top and 10 points clear of 3rd place Chester, never thought I'd be seeing that after Brackley at the start of the season  :clap: :clap: :scarf:

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 08:11:12 PM »
Are we safe from relegation yet?

Sebedee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 08:17:41 PM »
Are we safe from relegation yet?
Think we need to win another 20 games to be safe.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »
Its strange that we all have different opinions on todays game, I suppose it depends on where we sit/stand etc. Mallards review on Gash is different to mine, I thought he was off the pace today from the 1st minute, ok the pitch was heavy but for some reason in the last couple of months he thinks he can dribble past every defender, well he does not have the speed to do that, also he is getting caught offside even more than Marriot, now that is an achievement. Its not just my opinion, its many in the main stand. I would like to see Hawkins more upfront, defenders do not like players with real pace running at them, Hawkins has the lot, a game changer.  No Kelly today, anyone know why, or have I missed something?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 09:17:36 PM »
Kelly missing down to a groin strain Mac.  I kinda agree with you re- Gash and why he seems to drift out wide. I was meaning his hold up play where balls played up to him stuck and the central defender allowed Gash to call the shots.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 05:35:14 AM »
Another 4 figure attendance yesterday, which at this time of the year is exceptional.
The fixtures over Christmas and through January are tough. If Lynn are still top at the end of January then I think they might just win this thing.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »
Chris Henderson hassles and hustles and is a breaker up of play who then storms off with the ball and turns defence into attack. Well placed to toe-poke home the loose ball for a poacher's goal - 1 - 0. Hendo found himself in the box on a run but thought the goalie was covering too wel on a tight angle a made very unselfish pass to Michael Gash to score a long awaited goal - 2 - 0. Nathan Fox was my MoM as he kept tabs on No10 and in the thick of all the action. Jordan Richards was a bit quiet by his usual standards but still effective, more as a play maker than defensive. Agree that Gash and Adam Marriott (Player of the Month) were in offside positions waiting for the ball far too often in the first half and Ian Culverhouse (Manager of the Month) must have talked about it at HT.

Rory McAuley, Ross Barrows and Sonny Carey, Nathan Fox and Aaron Jones held the defence fairly well but ball passing between them in the first half led to too many interceptions due to under-hit balls, sticky ground at the Seven Sisters end and Blyth pressing the defence high up the pitch - we were lucky to get away without conceding at least twice. Blyth were pretty ineffective first half but were a changed team after HT. Much better in attack as they chased a 2 - 0 lead. 

The introduction of Ryan Hawkins brought pace and spark up front and he had several attempts on goal, one of which fell kindly to Adam Marriott who slotted home - 3 - 0. Alfie Payne also came on for Michael Clunan late in 2nd half (resting or tactical?).

Good result and improved GD and with York held 0 - 0 at Kettering and Chester losing it was a "Good Day at the Office".

Still worrying that Ryan Fryatt is still not fit, Tom Ward with 2weeks off with a concussion issue, Sam Kelly with a slight groin strain. Chris Smith still not fit with arm injury. Nathan Stewart still at Leiston on loan for a month from 15 November  and Harry Limb at Boston Town(?).
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 09:51:30 AM »
Great review Mike. Thanks

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »
The introduction of Ryan Hawkins brought pace and spark up front and he had several attempts on goal, one of which fell kindly to Adam Marriott who slotted home.
A great ball from Hawkins!

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
Got to start looking at promotion as a distinct possibility if the current manager and squad are still intact after January really exciting times coyl

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
Haveto agree withMacFlletwood - Gash has looked a bit road-wary for a few games now, although I missed the Gateshead win.  Obviously still an important player for us, but when we get the chance perhaps he could have a rest and letís see Hawkins in his place for a couple of games.  Hawkins pace and movement would make him a good tactical change when Gash is having a bogged-down game.  Hope that pitch stays playable as regards our impressive fluency on the ground.  Dover might well have a problem in dealing with our excellent attacking midfield, whatever the selection.