Author Topic: The Pitch  (Read 6162 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: The Pitch
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 10:22:50 AM »
Maybe the "moaners" should do a bit of fund-raising towards a ROOF.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 11:21:55 AM »
Surely Mike with a roof we would run the risk of those overhit crosses bouncing of it :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 11:54:01 AM »
Surely Mike with a roof we would run the risk of those overhit crosses bouncing of it :laughcry:

Keep it on the floor!

:laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
Please see my former post about the 3rd of the pitch in the shadow of the main stand this time of the year. It will not dry out until March, frosts will not thaw like the rest of the pitch. I offered a 3 figure donation to help to pay for a cover of some type, greeted with a stony  silence from all fronts. The money is out there, and I am not talking about SC paying out again. 

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
Steve - there are 4 reasons of absolutely equal importance as to why this club has hit an outstanding level.  I repeat, all 4 are of equal level in importance....  The Chairman, the Manager, the Team, and Steve’s massively improved pitch.  Fingers crossed that we enthuse the personnel responsible for our dramatic improvement to continue their interest and efforts. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 07:33:16 PM »
Would it be at all possible for someone to come up with a costing?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 07:20:19 AM »
The cost of a cover for the pitch is £4K , as stated by SC at the poorly attend evening, supporters are going to make a collection amongst the KLTFC supporters at Boston on New Years Day with the hope of raising min.£2k which SC said he would match to get a cover. He had enquired with the Football Foundation for a grant but the process takes hours of paperwork for a small return.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »
 I’ve a plan .... let’s just say there’s 400 of us  out there who’s going to buy the misses for Xmas totally impractical underwear ( we don’t see it that way but they do )  for  a tenner ... so how about we all contribute the money for the pitch cover , instead of upsetting ourselves  looking them laying in the draws gathering dust .....    :comeon:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2019, 11:24:00 AM »
The cost of a cover for the pitch is £4K , as stated by SC at the poorly attend evening, supporters are going to make a collection amongst the KLTFC supporters at Boston on New Years Day with the hope of raising min.£2k which SC said he would match to get a cover. He had enquired with the Football Foundation for a grant but the process takes hours of paperwork for a small return.

Shame the evening was poorly attended, a suggestion for the next one, free entry and buy your own beer, would have been a bigger money maker for the club. Did they raise anything on the night, maybe ran a football card or two?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 01:52:15 PM »

Shame the evening was poorly attended, a suggestion for the next one, free entry and buy your own beer, would have been a bigger money maker for the club. Did they raise anything on the night, maybe ran a football card or two?  :dontknow:

Given how much beer was consumed on Thursday I think its pretty safe to say this alternative would have cost the club money rather than being a bigger money maker for the club, how many more people do you think would have attended?  You said you couldn't go because of work, not the price of the ticket.  The 'all inclusive' price it wasn't bad value and would also have raised a small amount for the club. 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »
Please see my former post about the 3rd of the pitch in the shadow of the main stand this time of the year. It will not dry out until March, frosts will not thaw like the rest of the pitch. I offered a 3 figure donation to help to pay for a cover of some type, greeted with a stony  silence from all fronts. The money is out there, and I am not talking about SC paying out again.

Mac, a great offer and if you are in the away end at the Boston game I am sure you could introduce yourself to the guys doing the collecting - SC said he would match what was raised when it was suggested that a collection might raise half of the £4K required, if the away fans could raise more then I am sure the Chairman would be more than happy.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »
Not sure if I can make New Years Day, who is doing the collection for the pitch. Trust or FOTL?  Will they take a cheque, or Bacs payment, payable to who?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2019, 04:15:39 PM »
Why not do a collection at The Walks on Boxing Day?  Surely that would enjoy greater success than an away game ?   Would give more local people a chance to contribute.

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2019, 02:57:25 AM »
Steve the work you have done on the pitch has been noticed by many.
All I ever hear is how great the pitch is looking.
Also its so nice too see Lynn playing the game on the ground and that's down to you Steve so keep up the amazing work you do and I for one take my hat off to you for how you changed it from a dumping ground for sand to something that resembles a carpet is a miracle.  :cup2: :cup2:

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2019, 02:52:03 PM »
Have to echo these comments I do hope that there is going to be a bucket collection boxing day too, with q crowd of 1000+ very likely it would seem a massive opportunity missed if this doesn't happen.
Like previously asked who's doing the collection?

Why not do a collection at The Walks on Boxing Day?  Surely that would enjoy greater success than an away game ?   Would give more local people a chance to contribute.