Author Topic: Dover  (Read 2499 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: Dover
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 03:28:12 PM »
We there a post match interview with IC or PB ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 03:44:36 PM »

Tweet from Bevan yesterday straight after game, nothing else been said just yet. Fingers crossed nothing bad.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »
Written press in with IC quicker than usual yesterday with Bevan unable to gain access back into the ground as the small entry point at the back of the terrace stand secured. I was still in the commentary area rounding up for Radio Norfolk so I also missed manager interview. Apologies.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2019, 05:39:21 PM »
Both Pedro and Ross Barrows both played unwell  and I thought Ross played really well And not in his favoured position

That makes sense for Pedro as I thought he was poor today - glad it was because he was ill and not one of "those" performances that he has from time to time.

Also, today isn't a day to be negative, but Hawkins just doesn't seem quite up to it these days??

But........what a performance, what a team - Dover were no mugs
I thought Hawkins had a good game.Heavily involved in the first goal and the move that Marriot missed a sitter.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »
Lynn on the front foot 1st half. They were more likely to score and did. The move that lead to the first goal and the goal itself were top class. I always felt that Dover were playing to contain first half and were counting on their superior fitness as full time pros to get them through. Dover began to control the game second half and you could see a Dover goal coming. Lynn were heroic to take it to extra time, especially after going down to 10 men; their penalty taking was classy. The only downside were the 3 injuries. I thought Hawks started poorly but had a decent game.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2019, 11:10:58 PM »
I thought Dover looked quicker and sharper than many sides we have faced this season, just didn't have anything in the final third first half, changes at half time improved that but not by much, as proven by extra time where they couldn't really muster much against 10 men.  Think they came thinking we would be more physical and a gameplan to get the ref (who had an absolute shocker) on side but we ended up playing most of the football and sliced them open with some great play at times (thought the pitch held up well so again, thanks to Steve).  All in all, pleased to be into the next round and can't ever knock this side for not giving 100% but they are so much more than 'triers' as the football is great, just a shame there were less than 800 there to see it.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2019, 11:52:47 PM »
http://www.doverathletic.com/news-category/video-content/

You would think by now The Dover Manager would be use to being interviewed and filmed
Is he on something or needing a wee? Didn't stop moving the whole interview and hardly looked at the camera.

Just watched this interview and my logic to him always moving around is because he isn't exactly telling the truth!!

Saying the pitch cut up - he'll do well to find many pitches better than ours.
Saying the fans calling his players cheats - I agree the ref was weak, but falling over as easily as they did, they were cheating

They underestimated Lynn and got exactly what they deserved

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 12:05:11 AM »
Fingers crossed on the injuries/illnesses, but as long as all positions covered with fit men then whatever selection made or forced, we will continue to be a real handful for any forthcoming opponent.  On the attendance point re Dover, I was initially disappointed, but the Sunday paper showed that virtually all attendances in the FAT were lower than usual.  I donít think the early rounds of this competition interest the supporters too much, but that should change for later rounds.  Four important league games coming up, so, again, fingers crossed on fitness.  Well done Steve the groundsman again.