Author Topic: Dover  (Read 2498 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Dover
« on: December 14, 2019, 06:44:59 PM »
Fantastic effort today, with 10 men in extra time. We showed that we can match an average team in the national league. Well done. Hope Michael Clunan is not to badly injured.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: Dover
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 07:04:18 PM »
This was an excellent win!
No Henderson starting, then to lose Clunan to injury, thought midfield might be a problem.
I was wrong! This squad is so good, and there is such togetherness, they just keep playing the managers way.
Great performance, and well deserved win.
COYL! :scarf:

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »
Shame so many injuries though. Thought the player who fouled Clunan should have been sent off.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 07:47:06 PM »
http://www.doverathletic.com/news-category/video-content/

You would think by now The Dover Manager would be use to being interviewed and filmed

Linnet64

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 07:50:28 PM »
That never say die attitude and determination overcame a full-time National league team and 3 very dodgy officials. The latter has to be the poorest referee at the Walks this season.  :nilpoints:
Should have been 3 up at half time. Gashy's goal should not have been overuled. The ref indicated for the lino to put down the offside flag as it clearly was headed back by a Dover player and then Mazza missing an open goal thanks to a bobble. Kelly's goal was well taken and hope that gives the lad a real confidence boost.
Absolutely amazing team  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap:

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 09:03:05 PM »
I thought that Dover were one of the worst teams I've seen ar the Walks this season and
the officials were by a country mile. Well done the lads. Terrific pens. I just hope the gaffer has enough fit players to pick a team next Saturday

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 10:40:10 PM »
Both Pedro and Ross Barrows both played unwell  and I thought Ross played really well And not in his favoured position

Sebedee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 10:52:22 PM »
http://www.doverathletic.com/news-category/video-content/

You would think by now The Dover Manager would be use to being interviewed and filmed
Is he on something or needing a wee? Didn't stop moving the whole interview and hardly looked at the camera.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 11:18:37 PM »
The draw for the second round proper will be made on Monday live on talkSPORT2 from 1pm

https://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/talksport2.html

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 11:42:29 PM »
Both Pedro and Ross Barrows both played unwell  and I thought Ross played really well And not in his favoured position

That makes sense for Pedro as I thought he was poor today - glad it was because he was ill and not one of "those" performances that he has from time to time.

Also, today isn't a day to be negative, but Hawkins just doesn't seem quite up to it these days??

But........what a performance, what a team - Dover were no mugs

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 06:56:25 AM »
Looked on BBC results, 9 other draws no mention of extra time and penalties ??  :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 07:31:21 AM »
A result on the day is an option available to all games, but has to be agreed by both teams.  In our case both ourselves and Dover didnít want a replay hence why there was extra time and pens.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 08:18:04 AM »
Superb effort from this linnets side, still chuckling over the Dover managers assessment of the result😂😂 we could have been out of sight in the first half with the chances created....there is so much energy and desire at the moment coupled with great one-touch football..thought Marriott/ mc Cauley were on a different level with there committment👏🏻👏🏻 Henderson was a big loss today with his pace in the last third.. sadly the crowd was disappointing but felt 700 was a miscalculation? All in all a credit to themselves 10/10

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 10:12:33 AM »
Thought it was a strange game, Dover making 8 changes from their previous game and all they seemed to want to do was play gamesmanship by feigning injury, making niggling fouls especially Clunans and generally breaking up any decent play, they were poor - we could have been 3 up at half time. Different game second half and King's Lynn were holding on. I always feel we have a goal in us even in the 96th minute and up pops Aaron Jones.

Everybody looked knackered in extra time but chuffed we went through - i think we might have 11 for next week but we ae down to the bare bones!

Macauley, Gash, Richards, Barrows, Jones excellent but all of them battled their hearts out

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 12:57:18 PM »
What a game. Following from deepest Bedfordshire on the website, then listening on Radio Norfolk for the penalty shootout, really thought we had lost it until the equaliser.Really made my day. Hopefully from a purely personal view, we get Royston away, i might get a chance of seeing the mighty Linnets.