Author Topic: Gloucester  (Read 3929 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 09:40:48 PM »
It's a post that suggests we will have a strong eleven for the next match, but maybe be a bit light on subs , which then begs questions about potentially getting loanees back etc as picked up by subsequent posters. This point about numbers has been touched on in on other threads and by IC at the end of the Dover game when talking to the media.
Simply if Lynn can bring someone back or use a ressie or (and I doubt this would be possible) bring someone in on loan, then decisions have to made very soon...not next Saturday....hence me bringing it up so soon after the Dover clash.
Hopefully the two get over the virus quickly and some of the other injuries clear up so that there are reasonable numbers available in the squad over the holiday period.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 09:55:25 PM »
I thought the Lynn players were awesome in the penalty shootout: such cool heads under pressure. Winners all through the team. Proud to be a supporter!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
KES, I think IC would like to bring in an extra body ( he said as much reading reports).  Problem is he needs to bring in a player of the right standard but also someone who will fit in with the dynamics of the group.   No easy task I would suggest.   

When everyone is back fit we will have one hellva squad so any player that comes in might well have to be a short term answer.  Again not an easy one to sort.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2019, 10:04:17 PM »
It's a bit early for a thread about next Saturday. I want to enjoy the victory over a National League side first.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2019, 10:08:53 PM »
Yes agreed Mallard....probably a versatile midfielder who could also play up front, depending on Hawkins and Henderson's fitness. I am not sure how much longer we can keep playing Gash and Marriott up front, without some kind of break. I don't suppose Mr Parker is available for a two month loan ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2019, 11:03:53 PM »
...Simply if Lynn can bring someone back or use a ressie or (and I doubt this would be possible) bring someone in on loan, then decisions have to made very soon...not next Saturday....hence me bringing it up so soon after the Dover clash.

Think this is a fair point, Norwich u23s only have 2 fixtures in the next month so maybe Alfie could have a word, alternatively Peterborough reserves next fixture is Jan 14th so there maybe an option there?  Can't see anything other than a loan but would certainly feel happier with an extra body or two (depending on the news on the injuries) for the Christmas fixtures.  Wouldn't disagree with the posts that the current squad can all make solid claims for a starting spot when fit but would hate to be left in a position where we can't cover another injury because we don't have a bench.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2019, 05:54:12 AM »
...Simply if Lynn can bring someone back or use a ressie or (and I doubt this would be possible) bring someone in on loan, then decisions have to made very soon...not next Saturday....hence me bringing it up so soon after the Dover clash.

Think this is a fair point, Norwich u23s only have 2 fixtures in the next month so maybe Alfie could have a word, alternatively Peterborough reserves next fixture is Jan 14th so there maybe an option there?  Can't see anything other than a loan but would certainly feel happier with an extra body or two (depending on the news on the injuries) for the Christmas fixtures.  Wouldn't disagree with the posts that the current squad can all make solid claims for a starting spot when fit but would hate to be left in a position where we can't cover another injury because we don't have a bench.
I wonder if any of this has occurred to Culverhouse? I hope he reads this thread.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 01:24:06 PM »
Stan, whether it has occurred to IC or not doesn't make it any less a valid talking point, although you do seem to struggle with the idea of the forum as a place for debate.  On your second point, I hope (and fully expect) IC has much better things to do with his time to read the thoughts of the dozen or so fans that remain posting on the forum

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2019, 08:16:02 PM »
Looking at what we have available to us, Iím guessing the team might end up looking something like...

Street
Barrows   Ward    McAuley     Fox
                      Jones
             Richards   Payne
                     Carey
              Gash          Marriott

And a bench made up of Stewart, Bastock and whoever is least injured of the rest.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2019, 08:58:27 AM »
Last Saturday players played unwell not 100% fit.  So Iím sure they will go through brick walls again this week.  Team ethic is something else with this group

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »
Must be in doubt, heavy rain everywhere.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 05:29:36 PM »

If the pitch is anything like it was in front of our ticket office and turnstiles earlier today, I think you could be right!
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »

If the pitch is anything like it was in front of our ticket office and turnstiles earlier today, I think you could be right!

Gloucesterís Twitter feed suggests they are having precautionary pitch inspections today. Doesnít sound promising.

Though given our injury list, a postponement might not be a terrible thing.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »
Sat inspection 8.30am to decide if game can go ahead

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 07:29:19 PM »
Sat inspection 8.30am to decide if game can go ahead

In some ways I hope Lady Luck is smiling on us and a Postponement happens - gives us more time for the lads to get fit.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.