Author Topic: King's Lynn v Dover Athletic Highlights  (Read 714 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
King's Lynn v Dover Athletic Highlights
« on: December 16, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
Thanks again to Bevan Asher (nicked from Facebook) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KmgY3MsP9E
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Dover Athletic Highlights
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:42 AM »
Just watched the Highlights and what a performance - wish I could have been there instead of in Devon (but family comes first).

The lads were certainly not over-awed. I take it that Michael Gash's "goal" was offside? Sam Kelly showed composure in taking his goal. Aaron Jones' Free Kick looked as if there was a slight deflection off the wall and the defender held his hands to his head as if it was his fault - well struck and goalie was relying on his wall too much.

However, their goalie made several great saves from Rory and Adam. Was Pedro fouled for their 2nd goal?

Adam Marriott might have had 4goals on a normal day at the office for him. I'm sure IC had penalty practice on the agenda during training and it certainly paid off.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
Gash goal not offside headed backwards by a Dover defender

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:07:25 PM »
Clearly Gash couldn't be offside when the defender knocked it on and think this was probably one of the very rare occasions the ref got it right by waving play on at the time.  Only question could be, was he offside when Fox played the original pass?  I didn't think so at the time but in the picture he Gash is nowhere near onside although to be fair the ball has travelled a long way before it is then knocked on by the defender.

<br /><br />

See their manager whinging about being called 'cheats' in his after match interview - maybe we could send him a highlights reel of all the diving in the first half which would perhaps help explain a few things to him.  Very shifty in his post match interview as I think he knew he got it wrong on the day, sole intent was to 'get at' the ref early on and then came out 'aggressive' second half (first two fouls by Lynn both ended up in shoving matches) which still didn't put Lynn off their stride and even against 10 men Dover didn't really produce much, Lynn proved that you could play football on the surface so again their manager looking outside for excuses. 

WLM, on a 'normal' day Adam could easily have had a hattrick, but team pulled together and got the job done.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »
If they stopped rolling around yelling like scalded cats then getting up running around. They would not get called cheats. Thought the referee and linesmen were the worst seen at the Walks.