Author Topic: Trophy Draw  (Read 2581 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Trophy Draw
« on: December 16, 2019, 01:13:03 PM »
 Ebbsfleet v Kings Lynn

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Trophy Draw
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »
They are struggling in the league but another National league side for IC to pit his wits against and who might enjoy the break from a relegation fight, although a lot of games between now and then.  Personally I would like the option of bringing them back to the Walks under floodlights but will squad numbers mean we opt for a finish on the day again?

Sebedee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 01:24:23 PM »
Gash used to play for them so a trip down memory lane for him.

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:30:40 PM »
I live about two miles from Ebbsfleet so if anyone has any questions about the local area, Iíll try and help.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »
Tricky draw - any National League team away is bound to be .  BUT, a very decent chance of progress with this squad.  I would think Ebbsfleet would be more concerned than KL.  Good ground, been before, old -fashioned and sizeable stadium.

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »
Ebbsfleet are in real trouble, new owner came in, invested heavily in stadium improvements, and then did a runner to leave club in debt, unable to pay players etc.

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »
A great draw, against my old team of the 1960s . I watched them in the 1950s, and was there when they had there biggest attendance v Sunderland in 1963 (12,000). I even played a few games for their reserve team in 1967 ish ! A long time ago, when you got 5 quid a game ! I shall be there with family to cheer on the linnets ! They were tremendous v Dover. The fighting team spirit is marvellous to watch. Do we dare dream of promotion  !!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
I live about two miles from Ebbsfleet so if anyone has any questions about the local area, Iíll try and help.
Am I right in thinking train station nearby and easy accessible from Euston ?
If so not bad journey to go to watch the linnets  :scarf:

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 09:30:45 PM »
Am I right in thinking train station nearby and easy accessible from Euston ?
If so not bad journey to go to watch the linnets  :scarf:

Yes it's really easy to get to on the train. There's an excellent connection from St Pancras to Ebbsfleet station - there's a train every 15 minutes and the journey takes less than 20 minutes. From Ebbsfleet station I would say it's a 10-15 minute walk to the ground, or there are very regular buses instead if someone can't walk that far.

So from Lynn it's just straight down to Kings Cross, then walk across the road to St Pancras, wait a maximum of 15 minutes, then less than 20 minutes on the train, then 10-15 minute walk.
From Euston it's the same except the walk from Euston to St Pancras takes about 10-15 minutes (or 2 minutes in a cab).

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »
Thanks PA

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 12:29:06 PM »
Wonder if lynn will opt for a result on the day or bring them back for a replay ??

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Ebbsfleet v King's Lynn Town - FA Trophy
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Read today that Ebbsfleet have a player on loan from AFC Bournemouth, Tyler Cordner who apparently made an impact as Ebbsfleet progressed to the FA Trophy second round after a 2-0 win away at Enfield.

From Ebbs website Tyler Cordner (21) An assured loan signing from AFC Bournemouth on a six-month deal, the 21-year-old was awarded his first professional contract by the Premier League club in 2017 and turned in a string of impressive performances on loan with Havant & Waterlooville last season. Formerly with Portsmouth before going on to play for Bournemouthís U21s, the highly rated Southampton-born central defenderís maturity belies his age. He had a number of EFL clubs scouting him and having been on the Fleetís radar all summer, he joined his former Cherries colleague Jordan Holmes at the Fleet in late August 2019.

Also other players have had League football experience; No9 Gozie Ugwu (Chesterfield, Yeovil, Plymouth and Shrewsbury) and 8goals this season - No11 Myles Weston (Wycombe, Brentford, Notts C and Gillingham 7goals - No12 Josh Umerah (Charlton, Kilmarnock and Wycombe) 4goals and another Central Defender No5 Ayo Obileye (Dag & Red, Sheffield Wed and Charlton) 3goals.

Obviously a league higher than Lynn and should be more experienced. But the are beatable as they are not having the best season.

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »
Technically, only 3 places above us in the League table(s).

Very winnable by the look of it.

One team will be full of confidence going into this game, the other probably not!

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 03:42:33 PM »
Wow, next 5 weeks is a bit of a football feast and some tough but winnable ones. Hopefully the pitch at Ebbsfleet will be good which will suit Lynn. On balance, given that the trophy match is sandwiched between Spennymoor and York  I think I would favour a 'result on the day' arrangement, if possible.

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 04:58:36 PM »
Do we know when the Chester away game has been rescheduled for?