Author Topic: Bad news for the Linnets.  (Read 1614 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news for the Linnets.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 05:55:04 PM »
“The Linnets have been rocked by the news that skipper Michael Clunan has fractured his right fibia and faces anything between six and ten weeks on the sidelines”

FAKE NEWS, nobody has a right fibia. I personally have fibula!  :dontknow: :scarf:

Massive miss for us!!🤦🏼‍♂️

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 06:02:47 PM »
It’s even more annoying that it was caused be such a cynical foul.

A big miss for Lynn, losing our metronome.

We almost seem to have as many injured as we do fit now, which with such a small squad is becoming a problem. And yet, we’re 3 points clear at the top of the league, so Culverhouse clearly knows what he’s doing. I hope we manage to get a loanee or two in for a couple of months, but have to see. Plus hope we hang on to Marriott come January with all the scouts who have been snooping around.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 06:24:36 PM »
Natty Stewart has returned and featured for ressies at the weekend, so expect him to be on the bench at the weekend.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 07:59:45 PM »
Yes it was a premeditated challenge last weekend against Dover as was the last time he was out with a bad injury, when he got caught  by a player against Kettering - big miss.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 08:56:08 AM »
Feel for the lad.  That’s the 2nd bad one he has coped in the last year or so.  Will be a big miss.  The good thing is we have the quality in the squad to cover.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 01:15:40 PM »
Awful news for Michael and still can't believe he tried to 'run it off' rather than come off immediately.  I think Alfie is capable of filling the gap, particularly in terms of making the team tick over, but would still prefer have both of them available for the run of games over Christmas.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 08:23:22 PM »
Great pity.  I’m attack minded, and MC does his bit there, but every team needs an “all over the pitch” energy player, and he is so good as that man...  Speedy recovery to him.  We DO have the quality all over the squad to replace him, but nobody quite with his versatile style.  I hope we DON’T bring in a loan player because we have talented players deserving of games and certainly of the standard to dominate these games.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 09:48:26 PM »
Aaron Jones showed a bit of potential in Michael Clunan's role pre-season last season.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 11:59:08 PM »
Yes, I agree with WLM - Aaron Jones looks an ideal replacement....