Author Topic: Good day ! / Great 12 months  (Read 3310 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Good day ! / Great 12 months
« on: December 21, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »
 :oldman" Today's results mean it is a good day all round for KLTFC, York city losing and Chester city drawing means no drop in league position for KLTFC,we head into the Christmas fixtures topping NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH, who would have thought this possible at the start of the season. Another good day and more time to hopefully get some of the injured squad ready to play again over the busy period of games to come. Well done to all concerned and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all involved with KLTFC and our great supporters.  :farmer:

Linnet64

Re: Good day ! / Great 12 months
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
Top of the league and seeing the teams, ex league teams below, I never thought I would see the day  :oldman"
Just hope we can hold on to Cully and the squad, to fight for even greater honours and dare we even dream of English League Football one day! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :cup2:

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »
 :oldman"
Top of the league and seeing the teams, ex league teams below, I never thought I would see the day  :oldman"
Just hope we can hold on to Cully and the squad, to fight for even greater honours and dare we even dream of English League Football one day! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :cup2:

:oldman" I have been thinking along the same lines as you Linnet, I believe there are 7 clubs below us in the league who have previously been members of the English Football League. This is definitely one of the high points in the history of this football club, and as you I hope we can keep hold of Mr Culverhouse at least until our fate in this season's title/promotion race is indeed settled.
I,as I am sure are many others,realise that our manager has ambitions to manage as higher level as possible, hopefully with KLTFC, but in reality we do expect he will indeed probably move on to better himself, but to do this hopefully he will keep winning with KLTFC thus putting himself in that managerial merrygorund melting pot. :farmer:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 09:24:02 AM »
Nice dream from Linnet 64, but we need terraces behind the goals and a professional financial set-up before that dream can be genuinely contemplated.   Nothing wrong with dreaming at Xmas, however !

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 01:38:55 PM »
 :banghead; Sorry dillydilly but in fairness to linnet64 the words " dream of the football league " are used. We all realise better financial management is required to progress through the leagues, we already have terraces at both ends of our ground,what would be nice to see would be a roof over the hospital end to start with, however this is not a requirement to progress up the league ladder. :banghead;

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 10:03:53 AM »
Another good day really, tough conditions made it hard for both teams to play. But hey, the boys managed to pull through strong and we get yet another 3 points on the board.

Next two home games, Spennymoor and York. 1k+ attendances surely, thatís the least the players deserve. York are likely to bring a couple of hundred I should imagine!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
If things continue to stand up then the York game could see a bigger gate than yesterday.    Got to feel for the Groundsman after yesterday.  Has got the big job of putting that pitch back together again.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 10:28:09 AM »
I believe I heard over tannoy yesterday about the bucket going round the new Frost/pitch protection covers. I may have heard wrong but said they need around £4-5k to be able make this happen.

I know you can get automatic rollers from either goal to goal, or side to side of pitch, and this doesnít need much manual work to operate. So reckon this should/could be the better option, it may cost slightly more. But for the Steve (groundsman) itíd save him needing more and more volunteers to help get them on and off.

But personally didnít see the collection bucket come near me yesterday. Boston at home games do a collection jar for all loose change that goes around every game, and I believe over last 3 seasons itís raised £3,500 already 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 08:40:18 PM »
I believe I heard over tannoy yesterday about the bucket going round the new Frost/pitch protection covers. I may have heard wrong but said they need around £4-5k to be able make this happen.

I know you can get automatic rollers from either goal to goal, or side to side of pitch, and this doesnít need much manual work to operate. So reckon this should/could be the better option, it may cost slightly more. But for the Steve (groundsman) itíd save him needing more and more volunteers to help get them on and off.

But personally didnít see the collection bucket come near me yesterday. Boston at home games do a collection jar for all loose change that goes around every game, and I believe over last 3 seasons itís raised £3,500 already 🤷🏻‍♂️
:oldman" I seem to recall that it was originally stated that a bucket collection would be held in the away end at York Street , maybe I am wrong but if this is the case, it is a chance to all put a pound or two in to help the club along in it's quest to obtain a pitch cover. This has been mooted many times in the past, let's all join forces and help the club reach this goal. :farmer:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 11:16:22 PM »
I agree, Dazza, that a roof over the Tennyson End would be good, but also think that steeper terraces would help to attract more customers.  If we make it to the National, which I certainly hope we do. all away supporters would expect a steeper terrace under that roof, as they are well used to that better view at all other clubs in that league.  Boston were less than complimentary about the view, to start with.......

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »
I agree, Dazza, that a roof over the Tennyson End would be good, but also think that steeper terraces would help to attract more customers.  If we make it to the National, which I certainly hope we do. all away supporters would expect a steeper terrace under that roof, as they are well used to that better view at all other clubs in that league.  Boston were less than complimentary about the view, to start with.......
:farmer: With due respect dilly, I agree about steeper terracing, but, I feel that there are many other pieces at our club that needs attending too before terracing needs improving, Boston complained, yes, but in reality how many teams even in the next level of the pyramid would bring that many supporters to Norfolk, not many I feel sure to say. In general we only see that many supporters for those special games i.e. derby matches, title deciders and big cup matches. The Boston issues can be sorted with a little tweaking and better organised and briefed stewarding, I also personally feel there were quite a lot of sour grapes leaving a bad taste in there mouths.  :oldman"

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 06:11:14 PM »
 :oldman" Another good day at the office for the squad, only a draw but with York,Chester,Spennymoor and Southport all losing we extend our lead over all these. Farsley and Brackley winning edges them closer to us but I am sure they would rather be in our position than there's at this stage of the season. Brackley, I believe will be a threat at the business end of the season, they keep grinding out results and gently climbing the league relatively unnoticed by many, they are seasoned in this league and never seem to be far from the top come April on limited resources available to them.  Well done to the squad today a point at Alfreton is not a bad return, just warming up for Boston. COYL. :oldman"

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
Yes, Brackley are becoming a real concern.  Looking back, perhaps our teamís result there in early season is one of our seasonís best....Often think managers and pundits exaggerate the complexity of the game, and their ďknowledgeĒ, (Mourinho getting rid of Salah and De Bruyne !), but the managers of Brackley and KLT obviously know what theyíre doing !

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
Brackley third in last two seasons and FA Trophy winners last season. Also have the best goal difference so far this season. Certainly the side to watch! They could be runners up this season!!!

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »
 :oldman" Well done to all associated with KLTFC over the past 12 months, from the groundsman through to our lady physio you have all contributed in a big way in providing us supporters with some memorable moments in the past year. Ian Culverhouse picks the team assisted by Paul Bastock, but without the afore mentioned people,many of our excellent players would not have been able to contribute what they have in the year . Steven Cleeve, love him or dislike him,has had a massive part in this also, without his backing we would not have had all the highlights we have.  :farmer: :cheers: