Author Topic: Boston United on Boxing Day  (Read 2436 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United on Boxing Day
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »
Iím a little surprised that Mr Hill has never heard a racist comment at the Walks !  I never go to a game anywhere without hearing them all the time !

Malcolm and I sit in the Stands where we are all well behaved - not like the "peasants" down below  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

We can hear the singing  :dontknow: :dontknow: from across the pitch which can be a bit coarse - calling opposition Northern b*****ds or W****rs.

I suspect that if we wandered amongst the crowds pitch-side we might hear adverse comments - If I did I would report.

Mike, I've mentioned this before when this same issue was raised. I think a lot of what is heard depends on where in the ground you position yourself. I usually stand opposite the main stand, just short of the half way line. From here, yes we can hear the comments from those you mention, but its not a lot different to what we can hear coming from behind the away dugouts.

Presumably all to do with the acoustics of the ground.  :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2019, 10:43:49 AM »
Biggest game of the season so far.....anticipation building !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2019, 01:35:34 PM »
Are you over at the game today KES ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »
Had planned on being Mall.....my 95 year old Mum in law has gone down with Shingles and we are the only ones nearby so........ It's been a poor old year for family health issues.....do hope I get to The Walks more often in 2020.
Would have been lovely to meet up over a drink at this time of year......but I haven't forgotten, I will contact you and it will happen eventually !!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2019, 09:16:21 AM »
KES,  would have been good to finally catch up.  You missed a great occasion, not a great game but was a local derby in so many ways.