Author Topic: Boston United on Boxing Day  (Read 2152 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Boston United on Boxing Day
« on: December 24, 2019, 09:13:11 AM »
Looking forward to a "Footy-Fix" on Boxing Day.

Hopefully the team have enough in the tank to get a result but, at this point with injuries and a depleted squad, I would accept a Draw.

My prediction is a 2 - 1 Win with 1250 Attendance.

:scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United on Boxing Day
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 09:53:24 AM »
Absolutely gutted I canít make it Boxing Day, due to Christmas family commitments 🤦🏼‍♂️

With a slightly depleted squad Iím going with a 2-1 win also, but with visions of being 1,999 attendance due to 720 tickets being sold already online and Boston selling 200 also!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 09:55:44 AM »
Iím looking forward to it that much I keep forgetting Xmas is tomorrow  :clap:
Going to be a rightío battle and hopefully be up there with the Chester game .
Iím going 3-2 lynn and in front of a healthy 2781 att.
 :scarf:

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »
Well its going to be the highlight of my Christmas, I'm going for a Lynn win 2-1, and a healthy 3000+.   Marriot and Kelly, (if fit).

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »
Absolutely gutted I canít make it Boxing Day, due to Christmas family commitments 🤦🏼‍♂️

With a slightly depleted squad Iím going with a 2-1 win also, but with visions of being 1,999 attendance due to 720 tickets being sold already online and Boston selling 200 also!

I shall be there and give as many Updates on the LiveFeed as I can without spoiling my enjoyment of the game.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »
2-2 with a crowd of 2222

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »
Nice one Mallard Living up to your name  Bit early for the Mart :-)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »
I hope Lynn win but I won't be at the match or any Lynn match in the future. During the last game, at home to Dover a comment was made to one of their substitutes from the crowd. The player looked at the crowd and someone shouted: " Hey, we've had Brexit now!" Many laughed; the player in question looked extremely uncomfortable. Needless to say, the Dover player was black. During the game another black Dover player was taunted continually throughout the game. No specific reference was made of an overtly racist nature but there was probably implicit racism in the taunts.
So, I've mulled this over for days and have decided - this is very difficult as I love supporting Lynn - not to attend any more games. I don't want to be in an environment where such attitudes are common.
So, I wish the team well and anyone who I've peed off on here, many apologies and happy Christmas!
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Linnet64

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 07:01:27 PM »
3-1 to Lynn, Mazza Hatrick. 1750 Crowd (declared crowd) in reality 2500.  :oldman" :scarf: Merry Christmas to all  :cheers:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 08:33:52 PM »
Canít make the game, due to family commitments.  Gutted, of course !  I hope the pitch is up to our superb football, and Iím sure the groundsman will have had his work cut out.  I hope the team hit top form and grab all three points.  It will be tough, but we are good enough to do it.  Hoping Kelly fit and selected, but, my usual point, ANY selection is capable of a result in this league.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »
Well I have never heard any remarks with any racist content at the Walks if I had I would have stopped it and reported them to the Stewards, I hope to be there on Boxing Day but at the moment I feel like death warmed up ,I must have picked up a virus

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 11:51:27 PM »
I hope Lynn win but I won't be at the match or any Lynn match in the future. During the last game, at home to Dover a comment was made to one of their substitutes from the crowd. The player looked at the crowd and someone shouted: " Hey, we've had Brexit now!" Many laughed; the player in question looked extremely uncomfortable. Needless to say, the Dover player was black. During the game another black Dover player was taunted continually throughout the game. No specific reference was made of an overtly racist nature but there was probably implicit racism in the taunts.
So, I've mulled this over for days and have decided - this is very difficult as I love supporting Lynn - not to attend any more games. I don't want to be in an environment where such attitudes are common.
So, I wish the team well and anyone who I've peed off on here, many apologies and happy Christmas!
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

It will be your loss Stan, not to "support" King's Lynn at matches.

I agree there is no place for racism in life (never mind football) but to say a Brexit comment has underlying tones of racism, is unproven.

I know I taunted one of their players (Pressley - who was black) during the break between full time and extra time, saying that Dover were shot, they couldn't win without cheating, their legs had gone........and he replied "shut the **** up baldy".

I responded that his insults were even worse than his football ability!!

"Banter" especially at this level happens and as long as nobody oversteps the mark, it's all good.

So, forget about it, come and support the linnets in what will be a 3-1 win (cos we're that good) with a crowd of 2214 - 2213 if you don't come!!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2019, 12:26:00 PM »
All fingers and toes crossed for a KL victory, but I too canít make the game.  Iíll certainly be on the I-pad or radio during charades which wonít get too much of my attention.  I just hope IC picks an entirely attacking midfield, and defends by numbers, a ďforest of legsĒ.  Very difficult selection job from Kelly, Carey, Richards, Payne, Henderson - pity about Clunan.... Anyone heard the state of the pitch ? Hope itís in condition to enable the passing game that has been too good for nearly every opponent so far.....

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
Iím a little surprised that Mr Hill has never heard a racist comment at the Walks !  I never go to a game anywhere without hearing them all the time !

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
Iím a little surprised that Mr Hill has never heard a racist comment at the Walks !  I never go to a game anywhere without hearing them all the time !

Malcolm and I sit in the Stands where we are all well behaved - not like the "peasants" down below  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

We can hear the singing  :dontknow: :dontknow: from across the pitch which can be a bit coarse - calling opposition Northern b*****ds or W****rs.

I suspect that if we wandered amongst the crowds pitch-side we might hear adverse comments - If I did I would report.