Author Topic: Boxing day v Boston.  (Read 4133 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Boxing day v Boston.
« on: December 26, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »
First news from the Walks today.

25% increase to cost of match day program. Now £2.50.

I don't know if it had already been annouced elsewhere by FOTL or not, so apologies if it has been.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing day v Boston.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »
Some good news.....Fryatt warming up!   :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 03:46:09 PM »
O-0 at half time.

Boston been down to 10 men since 16th minute, but reports are they have coped well.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 04:55:33 PM »
Lynn remain top, after a 1-0 home win against Boston, thanks to a late Gash goal.

Both teams finish with 10 men, after Jarvis was dismissed.

Looking forward to reading Mike's match report.

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 06:29:35 PM »

I don't know if it had already been annouced elsewhere by FOTL or not, so apologies if it has been.

The programme was 25% bigger than normal though so justified for this one off Christmas bumper special.  :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 06:37:11 PM »
 :sinking:

The programme was 25% bigger than normal though so justified for this one off Christmas bumper special.  :scarf:
   :dontknow:
In that case can we assume that it will be back to  £2 for the remainder of this season?

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 07:51:24 PM »
From Boston Forum;

“Agree, absolute tin pottery of the highest order, as for game, sending off changed it, 11 v 11 and we would have run out comfortable winners, must admit for a team top of table they were pretty poor, will wager a bet come end of season we will be above them in the league, long way to go yet“

Idiots. Granted we weren’t at our best, but still controlled the game, just final pass let us down today, and reasonably slow build up play. But fed up of the oldies that always stand near me, they’re so negative it’s unreal. Literally before the goal, bloke behind goes “don’t give it too sonny, he f**k it up” when Sonny got the ball, “here we go again”. Let’s encourage these great bunch of lads!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 08:43:16 PM »
From Boston Forum;

“Agree, absolute tin pottery of the highest order, as for game, sending off changed it, 11 v 11 and we would have run out comfortable winners, must admit for a team top of table they were pretty poor, will wager a bet come end of season we will be above them in the league, long way to go yet“

Idiots. Granted we weren’t at our best, but still controlled the game, just final pass let us down today, and reasonably slow build up play. But fed up of the oldies that always stand near me, they’re so negative it’s unreal. Literally before the goal, bloke behind goes “don’t give it too sonny, he f**k it up” when Sonny got the ball, “here we go again”. Let’s encourage these great bunch of lads!

Some people haven’t a clue about the The quality of the side we have , personally I a fan of sonny and puts his shift in when brought on ... perhaps they see something IC didn’t  :dontknow:
Think today’s conditions spoilt the occasion but as usual the lads do us proud again  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 09:35:23 PM »
Think the conditions didn’t help Lynn’s passing game.  Was zipping off the surface so finding feet was vital.   Boston player a high pressing game in the opening 20 mins. After the sending off I felt Boston enjoyed their best spell.  Neither team really looked like breaking the deadlock.

After the break was a different scenario.  Jarvis sat in behind Barrows and McAuley allowing the 2 full backs to push on and there only looked on winner as Boston sat back with two solid banks and inviting Lynn to break them down. 

Wasn’t a game for the purist but certainly plenty of blood, guts nettles and honest endeavour on show. Lynn just about deserved it.  In the 2nd half the Boston keeper, who cost them circa 100k with that massive error v Rochdale, kept them in it.

Looking forward to the re-run in a few days.  With of course the same result.

Have to say the segregation arrangements look an accident waiting to happen.  Hope I’m wrong.

The programme was called a bumper addition and cost 50p more.  I assume it will revert your the original price for the next home game ?  Interesting that the Chairman has some big news to bestow on us in January.   Baited breath and all that.

Linnet64

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »
Cully said in the post match interview that he was looking and had spoken to 2 more players to add to the squad

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 09:14:32 AM »
He did Linnet. Did you also sense from that interview that someone could be leaving as well ?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 10:15:56 AM »
He did Linnet. Did you also sense from that interview that someone could be leaving as well ?

I got that feeling, and think that it might be Marriott. I hope if he is going, it’s to a league club, would be really disappointing if he only went one step up.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2019, 10:40:47 AM »
Loughborough,  maybe that’s the trade off.  60k for Marriott from a League Club will fund bringing two in for the last 4 months. Mind 30k plus from yesterday would have helped as well.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2019, 11:27:03 AM »
Another funny from the Boston forum

“I hope it p****s it down
« on: Today at 10:26:43 AM »
With half the team injured, and such a tough game yesterday.  Would it be to our advantage if tomorrows match was called off?  Kettering did not have a match yesterday  and we played 74 minutes with 10 men in testing conditions.  Get the sprinklers on ;D ;D ;D”

Clutching a straws to gain an advantage 🤦🏼‍♂️

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2019, 12:22:45 PM »
Loughborough,  maybe that’s the trade off.  60k for Marriott from a League Club will fund bringing two in for the last 4 months. Mind 30k plus from yesterday would have helped as well.

Fingers crossed, that we don't "sell" the League title!

:scarf: