Author Topic: Adam Marriott  (Read 1475 times)

Slimesurfer684

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Adam Marriott
« on: December 27, 2019, 11:51:04 AM »
Clearly a wonderful player, and I hope his transfer doesn't materialise because of his weight of goals and service to KLTFC, but what would Adam Marriott's value be as a transfer fee at this level?

I have everything crossed that he does not leave!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Marriott
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 12:20:42 PM »
Clearly a wonderful player, and I hope his transfer doesn't materialise because of his weight of goals and service to KLTFC, but what would Adam Marriott's value be as a transfer fee at this level?

I have everything crossed that he does not leave!

Colchester?   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 12:38:13 PM »
I really, really hope he stays.....if he does go Lynn need to be really business like and get what he is worth and not take some paltry figure "so as not to stand in the player's way"
 Lynn will know what they need and someone like Colchester will also know...if they try and knock the price down they should be told to" go away". Adam will also know the score...if a "Colchester" really think anything of him  they will pay the going rate. If he stays we can win this league...if he goes we need to be able to recruit a couple who will still give us a good chance of winning the league.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 12:54:43 PM »
I really, really hope that the club don't stand in Adam's way should a league side come in for him or make things any more awkward than necessary.  Not saying it wouldn't be disappointing to lose him BUT looking at the wider picture we have to accept where we are in the pyramid and, as SC said recently in his Q&A evening, part of making Lynn an attractive club for good players to come to is that we can clearly demonstrate that we can improve them and if league / full-time football is their goal then we can help make that happen.  Maybe in the fullness of time that could be with the club itself, but for now that will mean players "moving up".

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 12:59:37 PM »
I really, really hope he stays.....if he does go Lynn need to be really business like and get what he is worth and not take some paltry figure "so as not to stand in the player's way"
 Lynn will know what they need and someone like Colchester will also know...if they try and knock the price down they should be told to" go away". Adam will also know the score...if a "Colchester" really think anything of him  they will pay the going rate. If he stays we can win this league...if he goes we need to be able to recruit a couple who will still give us a good chance of winning the league.

I would guess the price could depend a lot on what's in his current contract at Lynn. If he has a decent Agent, then he's probably got a big say in it himself.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 01:47:20 PM »
The Marriott situation will see how serious, or otherwise Stephen Cleeve is about pushing the Club forward.  Ok, the player is sort after,  but Clubs will still be keen to grab him in the summer as they are in January.  Stephen Cleeve I’m sure improved Marriotts income to keep him happy, but the time to cash in would be in the summer.  What price would you put on promotion ?  If Marriott goes and we fall short on promotion ya average fan would be up in arms that the Chairman sold him.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »
But we’re massively over achieving, again from what cully said taking it 10 games at a time and we’re living in dream world at the moment. We’d be silly to turn down big money for the lad.
I can see it from peoples point of view that think we need to keep hold of him as he’s an integral part to the team, and people saying that’ll show what Cleeve is made of, with a message of intent with holding on to Marriott. Which is really hope we do but we have to think about the club as a whole. Cleeve has already said its going to be a massive task if we did somehow go up next year with letting wages demands and league rules. But at this stage we shouldn’t be thinking about promotion like Culverhouse has said. It’s the long term vision, and the money from Marriott may give us the ability to get a couple of lads in, granted they’ll be no Marriott but it’s about the financial stability of the club.
Do we want to go back to the old ways before we re-formed and pay players silly amounts that we couldn’t afford and let us go under the pan once again. No we don’t.

Sustainability.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 02:14:58 PM »
My understanding Brad is that National League may be do- able and any higher requires massive changes all over the club.
With promotion to National Premier, the first few years may be a case of survival as an ambition, with lots of work going on behind the scenes to up the sponsorship and revenue streams. However, this squad, Marriott, Culverhouse, the whole package is a once in a lifetime combination and opportunity for Lynn. Just look at all the big name , wealthy clubs in this league who sit below Lynn, cos try as they might, they don't have that magic combination that Lynn do. IMHO if it's possible to go for it this season without putting the club in a precarious position, then it has to be done....should Marriott go and the club not go up and then IC were to go, the £60k won't get you very far and will be eaten up quickly if attendances then drop

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 02:27:35 PM »
It’s not like we have the choice of when we gain promotion.  Will we ever get a better opportunity to reach the holy grail of the top level of Non League Football ?

I agree at the start of the season we were punching, but the deeper into the season we go then the more I’m wondering if we are.   We are top of the League for a reason.  The squad and the Manager meet is every challenge head on, and find a way of over coming it.

Marriott’s goals are a big part of what’s been achieved and it would be crazy to trade him in January with the chance of promotion very much achievable.   Surely it’s better to have tried and failed than throw in the Towell by selling a prize asset.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 02:41:21 PM »
It’s not like we have the choice of when we gain promotion.  Will we ever get a better opportunity to reach the holy grail of the top level of Non League Football ?

I agree at the start of the season we were punching, but the deeper into the season we go then the more I’m wondering if we are.   We are top of the League for a reason.  The squad and the Manager meet is every challenge head on, and find a way of over coming it.

Marriott’s goals are a big part of what’s been achieved and it would be crazy to trade him in January with the chance of promotion very much achievable.   Surely it’s better to have tried and failed than throw in the Towell by selling a prize asset.

It might depend on whether there’s any sort of release clause in his contract.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »
Guess what,Marriot hasn't scored for a month,and we are still top. We would love to keep him here,but it is a team game,he won't have this team around him if he moves on? We will be what we will be,others will score,good luck to hime if he moves on. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 02:46:07 PM »
Culverhouse may be saying the club is punching,but having spoken to some of the players they tell me he is not telling them that behind closed doors.I think it his way of keeping everyone's feet on the ground.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
Guess what,Marriot hasn't scored for a month,and we are still top.

It's not unusual for a player to go slightly off the boil, just before a move.

A mind not 100% focused, avoiding any injuries  etc etc.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »
Adam has scored twice in the last month! Without his 23 goals where would Lynn be!! not top !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »
You have a striker who has scored 20 plus goals up against you.  Has to be at the forefront of any planning on marking how out for special attention.  Hopefully it free’s up opportunities for other players.