Author Topic: Alfreton Saturday  (Read 1603 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Alfreton Saturday
« on: December 27, 2019, 05:56:40 PM »
So my understanding is that  Jarves sending off ban should come in 7 days after the event, so he should be available for next two games. Jonesy and Rory have reached 5 bookings each...is that the point where they are suspended and if so, when does that kick in ?

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton Saturday
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 06:13:50 PM »
Alfreton on a bit of a slide having lost their last 5 (4 in the league). Expect it will be the usual "battle" there....an early goal or two might be very handy given their recent run of form

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
Hope we take the opportunity to give more minutes to the full squad.  Jarvis can't be expected to play a part in three games, even with his extended break to follow, and Alfie is more than capable of stepping into that role.  I would also be tempted to give Fox a breather as I think he will have his work cut out on Wednesday and we can't keep expecting the same lads to go again and again without seeing a drop off in performance.  I would go with

Street
   Ward,  Burrows,  McAuley
Jones,   Richards,   Paine,   Kelly
               Hawkins
         Gash, Marriott

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »
IC’s comment that “We may lose games through trying to win them” sums up for me why we invariably win.  Trying to defend your way to a win may work in odd or one-off games, but never on a regular basis.  It’s good we aren’t hearing much about “holding players” and “systems” because picking sides to keep the opponents on the back foot will bring the bacon most of the time, IMHO (!)........

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 12:52:44 PM »
Didn’t think Gash looked that mobile Boxing Day and seemed to be carrying that leg.  I wonder if he might have a day on the bench and be saved for the Boston return.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »
Didn’t think Gash looked that mobile Boxing Day and seemed to be carrying that leg.  I wonder if he might have a day on the bench and be saved for the Boston return.

Agree wholeheartedly. I think it would be asking a lot of Gash and Jarvis to play 2 in 3, if we want them for New Years day. Gash was struggling, Jarvis likewise in the 2nd half. Rest our two stalwarts on the wrong side of 30, and give Carey and Hawkins a start.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
Question! When was the last time Pedro missed a game, he seems to have been there a lifetime. Thank goodness he has, marvellous servant for Lynn.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 02:33:21 PM »
Decent selection with aHawkins making a fourth attacking midfielder instead playing a 3rd Centre half.  Kelly having a rest ?  A team that can go for it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
Loughborough good that we ain’t picking the team  :laughcry:

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »
So my understanding is that  Jarves sending off ban should come in 7 days after the event, so he should be available for next two games. Jonesy and Rory have reached 5 bookings each...is that the point where they are suspended and if so, when does that kick in ?

The cut-off date for five bookings leading to a suspension was 30 November for Steps 2-4.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 08:44:31 PM »
Great, thanks for clearing that up Admin