Author Topic: Segregation  (Read 1936 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Segregation
« on: December 28, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »
I thought it was a big improvement on previous games.
Shows the club are trying.
May not be perfect yet, but we're getting there.
Well done to all concerned. :scarf:

GrahamB

• View Profile
Re: Segregation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 12:50:29 PM »
Quite right it was an improvement, just think it needs to be made bigger. Further down under the covered side and a wider neutral zone to keep the two sets of idiots apart. It wasn't all Boston, and from what I here there are quite a group of non -footballing "Fans" going to Boston on Wednesday NOT to watch football!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 07:03:14 PM »
Quite right it was an improvement, just think it needs to be made bigger. Further down under the covered side and a wider neutral zone to keep the two sets of idiots apart. It wasn't all Boston, and from what I here there are quite a group of non -footballing "Fans" going to Boston on Wednesday NOT to watch football!

That will be a problem for Boston to deal with! :dontknow: :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »
No, Gris, it will be a problem for our club if its true....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 08:51:45 PM »
Well just as with the racism issue, it's important for everyone to help stamp out abuse of any kind. If the club can identify anyone going to a match hell bent on causing trouble, before it happens, then it's preventable, but they do need info, not just chinese whispers.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »
Turned out to be a teddy bear picnic then yesterday nice and peaceful. thought the Boston crowd were at a wake! LOL!
The York Street benches were an accident waiting to happen though. How health and safety haven't closed it off i will never know.
Ticket office was a bit of a joke also acting as a clubshop but through a window! Thankfully we were there early enough not to wait to long.
What i was impressed with was the commercial side that is obviously rampant. I know from visits to the Gliderdrome that the Pilgrim Lounge is usually very busy with various functions and the selection of various foods and drinks that were available yesterday was very good. Bit like when Posh Nosh used to do the Walks.
There is a massive improvement needed commercially at KLTFC so hopefully Mark Hearle (good luck) will fall back on what he saw in the early 2000s with every game sponsored, Blue and Gold Function room fully booked every friday and saturday night along with sunday christenings, wakes in the week, Polling Station, referee training centre etc. Also a proper clubshop with plenty of stock for the supporters to walk in, pick up and pay on the day. 100 club EVERY home game, Bonus ball every week, end of season fundraising nights, presentation days/ nights and the legendary pre match lunches and Christmas lunches and auctions of memorabilia. Thats just for starters.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 06:08:44 PM »
Yeah Gordon those wooden benches were something else.  Accident waiting to happen, once you were in, you were in.  Reminded me of the old Western Terrace at Headingly.

Posh Nosh, theres a name from the past.  Id forgotten about them.  Always a good selection and got everyone served during half time. 

With Mark now taking over the Commercial side, will it tempt you to get back onboard Gordon.   Got to be a great time to be involved

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
Fences down side too low and too close. Put one behind flagpole and the other behind floodlight column. Only a couple of security staff would be needed then.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 10:18:46 AM »
Fences down side too low and too close. Put one behind flagpole and the other behind floodlight column. Only a couple of security staff would be needed then.

Exactly my comments on the Live Feed yesterday. The gap was only about 10ft (3metres for you younger metric measurers). There must have been 1-15 Stewards in between the two blocks of fans. However, there seemed to only be chanting and a few insults - no surges towards each other and no thrown missiles  :dontknow:

Good to see a Burger Van supplied for York fans. There were a smattering of Yorkie's in the Main Stand and banter was good.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 10:33:24 AM »
A smattering ?  At the back of the stand we were surrounded by them.