Author Topic: V Boston (away)  (Read 2261 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
V Boston (away)
« on: January 01, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »
Wow!

3-0 away win.

I didn't expect that.

What a fantastic double over Boston.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: V Boston (away)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »
Yes - great result.  Good result at Brackley as well, from our point of view.  Our home crowd really ought to start to snowball from now.......Potentially a very exciting last third of the season...  Anyone know why Kelly off so early ?  No mention on the commentary that I could see ( an otherwise good coverage).

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 06:30:44 PM »
Just back from Boston. Great display by all the team, from Street to Hendo. The support was outstanding. Even Adams mum and nan watch every game The team spirit is just wonderful to see. Onward and upward.

Linnet64

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 07:22:13 PM »
Yes - great result.  Good result at Brackley as well, from our point of view.  Our home crowd really ought to start to snowball from now.......Potentially a very exciting last third of the season...  Anyone know why Kelly off so early ?  No mention on the commentary that I could see ( an otherwise good coverage).

Calf according to Cully.
Wow York Street was rocking today with Linnets. That was a real warning shot to the league to have beaten their unbeaten home record and made them look ordinary, who'd have thought we would take 6 points off them. Everyone had a good game. Barrows and Jords go from strength to strength. Hendo superb, Gash and Marriot the best double act in Non League. They all need a mention :) Best away day for years.
About time Radio Norwich did a linnet line when no Norwich game even if only for 15 mins.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 08:08:41 PM »

Calf according to Cully.
Wow York Street was rocking today with Linnets. That was a real warning shot to the league to have beaten their unbeaten home record and made them look ordinary, who'd have thought we would take 6 points off them. Everyone had a good game. Barrows and Jords go from strength to strength. Hendo superb, Gash and Marriot the best double act in Non League. They all need a mention :) Best away day for years.
About time Radio Norwich did a linnet line when no Norwich game even if only for 15 mins.

To be fair Boston had a lot of the ball as they were again quicker to get to the loose ball and were fairly skilful with it. Their play was at times hoof-ball but our defence was immense, especially Ross Barrows. Pedro was alert and catching or punching anything coming high into his area.

Ref made some strange opposite decisions where it looked like Lynn player was fouled but they got the free kick. Barrow got an early yellow but then Boston strong-arm tactics got ignored apart from a finger wag at No9 for a over-zealous challenge on Pedro. Obvious handball halfway up arm was waved away as "shoulder" - no way!

We played a more compact back four with less wingback play from Fox and Jones - Boston proved they needed defending against. Adam Marriott's goal was a break-away and taken coolly against the advancing keeper. Jordan Richards shot from outside the box and bounced in off the keeper's right-hand post and into the net.

Second Half saw Lynn much more in control as Boston had to chase the 2goal lead. Boston players were falling and staying down - looked like efforts to get bookings. A very poor goal kick went straight to Marriott and he tore at the defence down the right and into the box. Looked as if he would shoot but he saw Gash to his left and slipped it across the goalie into Michael's path and - BOOM 3 - 0.

My MoM goes to Ross Barrows, beating narrowly Jordan Richards and Chris Henderson.
Home fans started to leave and chants of "Where are you going" etc. and silence from the other end.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 07:40:39 AM »
Thought Boston started the brighter and we forced to defend deep in the opening period.   Jake Wright was getting a lot of joy as he pulled on to Arron Jones.   They certainly had lots of possession and we struggled to get a foothold in the game.

That all changed when Marriott got ahead of the Boston central defenders and finished clinically into the corner to send the Lynn fans into raptures.   Boston did go looking for an equaliser and the ref certainly did us few favours.  Just when the Lynn fans were wanting the half time whistle Richards found the corner with a superb 20 yard striker into the corner.

I though 2nd half we looked very comfortable and Boston didn’t really offer to much.  The 3rd goal sealed a great day with Crook’s poor kick ( he was poor all afternoon) giving Gash a goal courtesy of Marriott.

Hendo was MOTM for me ran himself into the ground.  Mentions also for Barrows and Richards. 

Great day out.  Shame to see Kelly limp off and could be missing for a few games.  So Saturday no Kelly or Jarv.  Young Limb was on the bench.  Fryatt did the full warm up and I guess Stewart will come  back into the squad. 

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »
Well I continue to be amazed by the best team Lynn have had for many years, if ever a football coach needed to learn how to stage manage a game he should have been at York Street yesterday, once we scored it seemed like game over. In some respects it was if Lynn were the home team, Boston huffed and puffed up to the final third then ran out of ideas.  The Lynn fans were great, as always when travelling in large numbers, There was over 1800 Boston fans, never heard them!  My man of the match ,Henderson, he was like a hungry dog, looking for food. Ross Barrows I think should stay a central defender. He was a close second, but all in all a great team performance.
Roll on Saturday, another top 6 team at the Walks.   

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 10:25:59 AM »
Lets hope for a massive turnout on Saturday, this team well deserves it. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »
To right Griss.  Season’s like this do not come along very often.  People need to enjoy and saviour every game.   In Years this come they can say they were there.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 01:33:39 PM »
Cracking result from a team that just keeps producing.  On the evidence of Boxing Day I thought we would be in for a real test with 11 vs 11 but Boston never really got going but just huffed and puffed a lot, always looking to win the physical challenge but then lacking the composure (or wit) to do anything with it in the final third.  To be fair 2-0 at half time flattered us but 3-0 at the end was a true reflection of how comfortably we beat a team who hadn't lost at home this season, they basically had no answer to our game and had given up long before the end.  Outstanding performances all over from Lynn, as others have said Richards, Henderson and Barrows caught the eye but all did their bit, only criticism (and it is a very minor one) is that IC could have introduced another couple of subs with another tough game coming at the weekend - one very nasty challenge on Marriot in the second half could have had a worse outcome.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 01:45:33 PM »
Don’t think it was a late tackle on Marriott by Ainge,in fairness I think he got there as soon as he could.

I thought Marriotts first touch yesterday was something else. He killed the central defenders with it every time.   

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 03:37:59 PM »
From Boston Forum:

“Congratulations to Lynn. It gives us something to look forward to when their wheels come off, they lose their backers and go bust. Been there, got the T shirt. Enjoy it while you can, we enjoyed our moment”

:cheers:

Cannydc

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 04:22:23 PM »
Interesting times, given that we only have one game left away to teams in the top eight (Chester) and get to face 6 of the other 7 at home.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 05:11:44 PM »
Brad was that from the Boston forum ?   I don’t think we have ever had anything, ever to rival the Steve McFraudster.   Not many Clubs have. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »