Author Topic: New General/Commercial Manager appointment  (Read 1175 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
New General/Commercial Manager appointment
« on: January 02, 2020, 10:43:44 AM »
Congratulations to Mark Hearle on his full time appointment with the Club.    A job that certainly needed creating. 

Iím sure Mark as all the contacts and connections to pull in the much needed revenue to help the Clubs ambitions.

Will Mark be continuing with his media duties as well or will
The club look to promote a new person from within ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: New General/Commercial Manager appointment
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
Congratulations to Mark Hearle on his full time appointment with the Club.    A job that certainly needed creating. 

Iím sure Mark as all the contacts and connections to pull in the much needed revenue to help the Clubs ambitions.

Will Mark be continuing with his media duties as well or will
The club look to promote a new person from within ?

Apparently no changes in Media duties.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »
Surely Mark will be tied up looking after sponsors and corporate on match days rather than doing Media duties.   Asking a lot of one person.  Then again Mark must be confident in his ability to handle both, and if the commercial side doesnít work out for him then he has his media duties to fall back on.

Where was this position advertised ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
Yes hearty congratulations to Mark.
A club man through and through, who has certainly put the time in for the club in an enthusiastic and professional manner. I like the idea of "promoting from within", as it were.
Recent strides forward have come about due to the comaraderie and team spirit of a small group both on and off the field and at this stage, I think its good to stick with that formula.
So "Good Luck" Mark with the new venture.
Dare I say it, but on the media front, it might be getting close to the time where the likes of Radio Norfolk put just a little bit more of their time and manpower in at The Walks......if the club continues to move forward, it surely can't be expected to provide all the updates and even commentary in some cases, for the BBC output.(?)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »
Some mention on Anglia News would be nice, Donny ignores us!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:22:48 PM »
Glad to see an appointment made in this area - is this SC's 'big January announcement'?  Hopefully Mark can turn some contacts into £s and we won't see the Chairman Tweeting on a Thursday that we need a sponsor for the coming Saturday.  Impressed by SC's comments at his Q&A in terms of looking at what other clubs do to raise additional funds and now he has another pair of hands to help implement some of those at the Walks - only have to look at the commercial boards / extra bits of fundraising around the ground yesterday to see we still have plenty of scope for improvement.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
Good news indeed, and the appointment of a Commercial Manager is long overdue.Although I believe Mark is very capable of doing the job I would  prefer to see all these positions advertised to all rather than just automatically choosing from a selected few. You never know what else is out there unless you look, or other potentially suitable candidates are made aware that a position is available.

SC mentioned a few weeks ago that he could count on the fingers of one hand, the people who have his back. Therefore by giving Mark this job, with the salary and other financial commitments  that goes with it, he must  regards him as his man.

Now to get some money in from an area that appeared to have been neglected, or which we appear  to have been unsuccessful in, since SC came to the Club! Its a great opportunity for both the Club and Mark, as we must look like a very attractive proposition to potential sponsors now. Indeed I would go as far to say that we if we can't find new sponsors and advertisers now, or regain the previous sponsor and advertisers, we probably never will.

Good luck Mark, wishing you every success in a very important position, which will become even more important as we progress up the Leagues. I'm looking forward to seeing new names appear around the ground.

..............Hopefully Mark can turn some contacts into £s and we won't see the Chairman Tweeting on a Thursday that we need a sponsor for the coming Saturday. 

TonyM......last time I looked I don't think we had a sponsor for next home game. I don't know if that's now changed. Match day sponsorship may well be the first area to address. As was mentioned in a previous post, Boston had every match day sponsored before the start of the season. If they are able to do it, no reason we shouldn't be able to.

Glad to see an appointment made in this area - is this SC's 'big January announcement'?

Apparently not!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 04:17:52 PM »
Bostonís website is awash with ideas and schemes, not just the advertising boards.  Things like competitions that our club has only ever promoted in a small way.  However, I agree that our continued progress must attract would be sponsors who would be impressed with the potential customers coming into the ground.  Now we need the numbers to rapidly increase.  Good luck to MH, and continued thanks to SC,IC, and the team for this superb season.....

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »
I get the feeling with this appointment things at the Club are moving onto a different level.  Could it just be that everyone at the Club is now fully focused on a real promotion push now that we find ourselves 4 points clear with a game in hand ? 

Listening to Steve Watson, the York City Manager, he believes they need to take all 3 points when they come calling in a few weeks.

With todayís news of Mark Hearle becoming full time GM, Ian Culverhouse talking of two new signings coming in and keeping the current tight group together itís all very positive.   Didnít Stephen Cleeve mention in his last programme notes about a news story that will have a big impact on the Club ?

Never been a better time to be a Lynn fan

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 05:24:43 PM »
Lynn squad is now

Street
Bastock

Jones
Barrows
Smith
Fryatt
Ward
McAuley
Fox

Jarvis
Richards
Payne
Henderson
Kelly
Carey
Hawkins
Clunan

Stewart
Limb
Marriott
Gash

Ok some are injured but with 2 new additions to come in then that is some serious bodyís to really turn the screw on a promotion push.

All credit to Stephen Cleeve for supporting all of this.  This level of squad will then compete with the likes of York and Chester, in terms of numbers.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 05:48:09 PM »
Lynn squad is now

Street
Bastock

Jones
Barrows
Smith
Fryatt
Ward
McAuley
Fox

Jarvis
Richards
Payne
Henderson
Kelly
Carey
Hawkins
Clunan

Stewart
Limb
Marriott
Gash

Ok some are injured but with 2 new additions to come in then that is some serious bodyís to really turn the screw on a promotion push.

All credit to Stephen Cleeve for supporting all of this.  This level of squad will then compete with the likes of York and Chester, in terms of numbers.

Itís worth noting that in ICís most recent interview he suggested that Payne might be being recalled as he hasnít been getting the starts he wanted.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 05:57:22 PM »
Great appointment all the best Mark  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 05:59:40 PM »
Lough I think also he said he would like to keep Payne

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »

All credit to Stephen Cleeve for supporting all of this. 

Very much so, but lets not forget that he has said he can't (or won't) continue to do this.

Money has to come from somewhere to replace any on-going investment that may be withdrawn, let alone reducing any Directors loans that SC may want repaid ( if he wants it repaid).

With the amount of investment we know thats been made, in addition to any further amounts since last published accounts, I think it will be unrealistic to expect any commercial activity to replace this instantly. Maybe after 2 or 3 years, but it will all take time, and just like success on the pitch, it won't come overnight.

Today's announcement is a major step in the right direction. Let's just hope that SC has a change of heart and continues his financial backing of the team, at least until the Commercial dept has had time to develop and grow.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 06:34:37 PM »
Surely as SC has appointed a Commercial Manager to fill the void.  I would suggest it will kick in really quickly with The Teams stock at its highest for many a year.   Iím sure Mark sees the potential and must be itching to get started.