Author Topic: Trophy game at Ebbsfleet  (Read 4916 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Trophy game at Ebbsfleet
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 07:23:14 AM »
.. and maybe the illustrious “bucket collection” which I’ve still not seen!

Talking about Buckets I usually do the 50/50 but have not at the last two games as I did not see anyone selling - where are the sellers hiding  :dontknow: :dontknow:

Mark is still in place but seems to have moved closer to the turnstiles. Was certainly in place Saturday.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 09:41:11 PM »
Darlo beat Solihull Moors tonight 1-0 in a Trophy replay.  Big scalp for them.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »
Westlynn Mike, do you arrive late for  games? Steve Granger was doing the bucket collection just inside the main turnstiles on Boxing day, in fact I almost fell over him, and the 50/50 tote was on sale at the Spennymoor game, he was just before the programme seller.  As he was on boxing day also.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »
Westlynn Mike, do you arrive late for  games? Steve Granger was doing the bucket collection just inside the main turnstiles on Boxing day, in fact I almost fell over him, and the 50/50 tote was on sale at the Spennymoor game, he was just before the programme seller.  As he was on boxing day also.

No, I usually arrive at between 1400 and 1430 and walk straight in with my Season Ticket or On-Line ticket if Cup game. 50/50 Tickets normally near 1st set of steps up the seating but I and several others I sit near have all said they did not see 50/50 Sellers. Some used to come up into the Stands but not seen them for a while.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 12:44:16 PM »

No, I usually arrive at between 1400 and 1430 and walk straight in with my Season Ticket or On-Line ticket if Cup game. 50/50 Tickets normally near 1st set of steps up the seating but I and several others I sit near have all said they did not see 50/50 Sellers. Some used to come up into the Stands but not seen them for a while.

You could offer to go round the stand selling them. :)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 07:25:14 PM »

You could offer to go round the stand selling them. :)

You do one half and I'll do the other half.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 10:25:00 AM »
So will we be able to give Gash a needed rest, with his leg issue, or not ? Be interesting to see the line up for a number of reasons...I am guessing at :
Street
Jones
Fox
Jarvis
Barrows
Richards
Payne
Carey
Hawkins
Marriott
Henderson
Subs
Stewart
Limb
Kelly
Taylor
Bastock

Would think of those, Kelly, Limb, Stewart all on second half for Richards, Henderson and Marriott respectively.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
So will we be able to give Gash a needed rest, with his leg issue, or not ? Be interesting to see the line up for a number of reasons...

I don't think we should take the turmoil at Ebbsfleet, 2nd bottom and coming off a 7-0 thrashing last week, too much to heart.  They are still (for now) a division above us and have brought in a new keeper (having lost their regular keeper to Australia u23 duty for January) who is eligible in the trophy and another two outfield players (only one of whom is eligible) but have also lost two loanees who have returned to their parent clubs this week, in addition to their captain being suspended for Saturday.  On the one hand you could say if we can get at them early their heads might drop but equally new faces 'looking to impress' and the inevitable 'response' to last week's performance might end up making this a much harder task than it looks on paper.

Ebbsfleet preview - https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/drawing-a-line-for-the-visit-of-lynn/

Personally wouldn't like to see anyone 'rested', even with how all of the lads within the squad have performed when given the opportunity I would still like to see IC select as strong a side as he can.  K80 - is Kelly now fit and available?  Has anyone heard how Ryan got on with his scan this week?  He has been warming up with the team for a number of weeks now so assume if he was given the all clear could be an option for the bench this weekend?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 11:05:53 PM »
Think it should be as strong a team as possible.  If we can get past Ebbsfleet, the Trophy provides possible decent pay-days to come, and cracking games for us “punters” !  On the team, I hope Kelly is fit, and, if so, selected, and, as usual would rather see attacking midfielders throughout.  Would also hope that Smith is about to re-appear soon, (probably not tomorrow), as I think we have a class act there waiting to blossom when he gets a good run in the team.

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »
On our way to Ebbsfleet ! Lets hope we can get a big following today for the Linnets.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »
BBC Radio Kent, doing some coverage. Red card Ebbs fleet

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 06:19:20 PM »
We huffed and puffed today, but could not breakdown the Ebbsfleet defence. A good turnout by the diehard fans today, maybe 300 went. Hopefully we can turn it on next Saturday in the big 6 pointer v York.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2020, 06:45:30 PM »
Having listened to IC’s post match interview I don’t think he was too upset with the result today.   It’s all about the League.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2020, 06:56:33 PM »
Absolutely and so it should be......half this  small squad are injured or carrying knocks....it's all they can do to be competitive in one competition at the moment.... hopefully they can do well next Saturday and then just gradually get people fit and maybe add one or two for the run in.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »
We didn't disgrace ourselves, in my opinion we were a shade better, their only real shot on target was the penalty. Some of their fans said it was one of their better games this season, think they raised their game for us.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”