Author Topic: Stats  (Read 2677 times)

Sebedee

• View Profile
Re: Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
According to the whiteboard in the physios picture Fryatt is back this month and seeing his consultant on the 8th and Clunan was 3 weeks cast and an x-ray tomorrow. For Smith just says brace off 25/11 so I guess he's fit very soon.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 08:47:25 PM »
Nice work Sherlock. :cheers:

Sebedee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 09:16:40 PM »
Nice work Sherlock. :cheers:
Thought it revealed a little more than you would want.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 10:38:24 AM »
Interesting view Tony... league would get my vote over Trophy run every time.

4th Round would see Southport home game moved to midweek. Could be a good blessing because I doubt they'd enjoy that long trip midweek.

SFs would see Kettering (A) and Brackley (H) moved to mid weeks. Again, could argue of all the games to be played midweek, they'd again be best ones. One a short journey giving context of other teams, other a promotion contender who again would possibly rather play at weekend.

Giving the form King's Lynn are in and the football they're playing, this could be the best chance of going to Wembley in a very long time.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »
Letís not get ahead of ourselves.  Ebbsfleet are a National League side one step higher than us.  They also have the advantage of being at home.  Plus we have the little matter of York at home the week after. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
Interesting view Tony... league would get my vote over Trophy run every time.

4th Round would see Southport home game moved to midweek. Could be a good blessing because I doubt they'd enjoy that long trip midweek.

SFs would see Kettering (A) and Brackley (H) moved to mid weeks. Again, could argue of all the games to be played midweek, they'd again be best ones. One a short journey giving context of other teams, other a promotion contender who again would possibly rather play at weekend.

Giving the form King's Lynn are in and the football they're playing, this could be the best chance of going to Wembley in a very long time.

Getting far too ahead of things I feel, tho the sentiments are great NL. As IC would say...."One game at a time ."

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 05:56:06 PM »
Possibly one or two Grissles, but let's not forget that the break even attendance was discussed here before and at a rough estimate it was reckoned to be 1500-1800 . Further drainage works of £50-60k have also been mooted and The Chairman doesn't have endless pockets.
Many of the available players are carrying knocks and could do with some rest...Gash, Hendo, Fox, McCauley,Richards in particular.
I can't think The Trophy is Ebbsfleet's main concern at the minute.....I suspect, like Dover they will field something of a second string and after 7-0 v Barrow, challenges could be flying in, as happened with Dover. Be interesting to see IC's take on it and who he goes with.
pretty sure the break even attendance is much lower than 1500.Thought it was nearer 800.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2020, 06:20:15 PM »
pretty sure the break even attendance is much lower than 1500.Thought it was nearer 800.

SC addressed this at his Q&A and in his programme notes (sometime in December?) and said 800 was no where near break even with the numbers to back it up.  Essentially 800 attendance includes kids, season tickets (who have paid but at a lower rate), freebies etc so it isn't as straightforward at 800x£13 (say) to give £10400 which less the VAT is still only £8666.  Basically SC said our average crowd (of between 1000-1100) still doesn't cover the wages let alone all the other running costs so I would be surprised if 1500 would actually be the break even point although appreciate any increase would help reduce SC's subsidy of our club.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 06:21:39 PM »
Think thatís was Mark Hearle figure (750/800) in the opening home game programme notes.  He later explained this was not the break even figure but more what he thought the club/team deserved to attract.  Where are we now around 1200 ?   Watch that zoom up after the York game.

Realistically how many do people think we can pull in for that game ? 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 06:26:25 PM »
Letís not forget Tony the bigger the gate the bigger the up sell is.  Programmes, 50/50, corporate, food, drink etc.   I would also hope the greater opportunity for Mark Hearle to get a premium prize for match day/ball sponsorships.   Must be worth more to the club with 1500 there than say the suggested 750.   

Must be a mega payday coming on fronts from the upcoming York game.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »
Letís not forget Tony the bigger the gate the bigger the up sell is.  Programmes, 50/50, corporate, food, drink etc.   I would also hope the greater opportunity for Mark Hearle to get a premium prize for match day/ball sponsorships.   Must be worth more to the club with 1500 there than say the suggested 750.   

Must be a mega payday coming on fronts from the upcoming York game.

Appreciate its first vs second in the league and they should have a good following but we are not in the Chapman era of low wages / part-time manager and looking at the odd 'big game' to make sure Buster didn't have to subsidise the club.  The whole cost base of the club must be radically different to when Buster was in charge and it is there for everyone to see on the pitch, in every sense with the drainage and the appointment of the new groundsman, as well as the obvious talent we now have in the squad and the best manager we could ever hope to attract.

Yes, the gate will hopefully be a big one and that does obviously mean extra revenue inside the ground but, as with Boston, there will be additional staff and security costs plus this weekend even with 1400+ (and virtually all 'home' fans) we still couldn't get to £150 on the 50/50!  I also think you will find that the club is probably asking 'top end' prices for the various corporate packages anyway so really marketed at 'fans with businesses' rather than those looking for any return on their 'sponsorship' so to a degree the numbers through the gate are less relevant, hopefully that will change with Mark's appointment but the change won't be overnight.  I am sure York will be a welcome boost to funds but to describe it as a 'mega payday' is probably wide of the mark.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
I think the Chapman days are light years away from where we are now.  Though one point Buster did end up with Setch as a full time employee, but I agree the cost base is a totally different ball game.

The Customer base we are currently enjoying is a big opportunity for Mark to Ďexploití ( meant in the nicest possible way).  He has said he wants to see the Club used in many different ways.  Reading what Gordon Chilvers said about what was going on around the club when he was involved shows some of potential that is there.  Who knows with the profile of the Club seemingly rising by the week this could also attract some outside interest.

As for York,  I think this will biggest game/gate/income that the club has enjoyed since Oldham.  Should be at least double the gate we had for Spennymoor.  Thatís some serious money for a Non League Club.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2020, 09:17:13 PM »
If Lynn could average 2250 for the remaining 8 home league games, it would mean an average home attendance for the season of 1600,which just might  be somewhere around the break even figure. Might be possible if they can maintain the push.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2020, 10:18:01 PM »
Only York have a higher average than that (2250) so I would be very surprised if we get anywhere near that figure.

Only 6 clubs have a higher average attendance than us. I know there's different expenses for difference clubs, but if we are not at least breaking even with our average gate, you would think that the majority of Clubs at this level are also having the same problem.

If these other Clubs are already breaking even, then it must be because of a successful commercial department.It appears that Lynn have finally woken up to this and are attempting to address the problem.

As nice as it would be to keep increasing the gates, both for the revenue and the support for the team, I think the answer to breaking even has to now be down to increased commercial activity, which of course won't happen overnight.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2020, 10:34:12 PM »
Agreed B and G....but I offer the figures as an indication of what might be required to break even in the short term ie for this season, given that the increased commercial revenue is unlikely to kick in within 3 months. Just say 2,500 for York and if top of the league, 2500 for the last 4 home games and a repeat of the Spennymoor attendance for the other 3 games......that would do it just about........asking alot, but ......