Author Topic: Stats  (Read 2689 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Stats
« on: January 05, 2020, 12:27:27 PM »
Last season Stockport Co won the National League Northern with 82 points.  Lynn are currently sitting on 54points ( 28 points short of that 82 point total).  We have 18 games left (54 points up for grabs).

Time to start really believing ?

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »
Beat York and keep the squad fit and together and it's on !

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »
One thing which I think is sort of forgotten, is how Lynn have a strong chance of success in FA Trophy. Very much a winnable game against Ebbsfleet who are out of form and just been beaten heavily, and the strong possibility of more Conference sides going out in 2nd round. Favourable draw in 3rd and I would have them high up there to make the final which would be a big achievement.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 03:12:56 PM »
How about the FA Trophy and the Conference North title :cup2:

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 04:15:13 PM »
Winning  the trophy means we qualify for the  europa league this time next year we could be entertaining AC Milan on a Tuesday night  :cup2: :clap:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
Two legged affair....is there a bus going ? or maybe a chartered jet from Norwich...or maybe by then the club will have its own sponsored jet (bet Mark is working on it as I type ha ha).

The squad is good enough to compete for the title, which is amazing or have a good run in the Trophy...not both, unless we get another half dozen players in who we cant afford... .. let's not be greedy guys.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 05:00:45 PM »
Beat Ebbsfleet on Saturday more money from the prize fund, a share of the gate money,big gate for the York game and we should have the funds for a player or two? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 05:09:39 PM »
Winning  the trophy means we qualify for the  europa league this time next year we could be entertaining AC Milan on a Tuesday night  :cup2: :clap:

Assume you’re joking, it’s only FA Cup winners that qualify for Europe! 😂

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 05:11:48 PM »
Possibly one or two Grissles, but let's not forget that the break even attendance was discussed here before and at a rough estimate it was reckoned to be 1500-1800 . Further drainage works of £50-60k have also been mooted and The Chairman doesn't have endless pockets.
Many of the available players are carrying knocks and could do with some rest...Gash, Hendo, Fox, McCauley,Richards in particular.
I can't think The Trophy is Ebbsfleet's main concern at the minute.....I suspect, like Dover they will field something of a second string and after 7-0 v Barrow, challenges could be flying in, as happened with Dover. Be interesting to see IC's take on it and who he goes with.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 05:16:53 PM »
Apart from periods of injury, wHen all squad are fit, I don’t believe we need any more players.  We have 4 Centre-halves when all available, plus two very capable of playing there (Jones and Barrows).  In midfield we have 8 to chose from, all well worth a place. Hawks, Limb and Stewart add to the list.  Maybe a GK, and two new forwards should we become disappointed with the effect of market forces !  Of course, the keeping them all fit is the key...

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »
Apart from periods of injury, wHen all squad are fit, I don’t believe we need any more players.  We have 4 Centre-halves when all available, plus two very capable of playing there (Jones and Barrows).  In midfield we have 8 to chose from, all well worth a place. Hawks, Limb and Stewart add to the list.  Maybe a GK, and two new forwards should we become disappointed with the effect of market forces !  Of course, the keeping them all fit is the key...

Have to agree that with the whole squad fit, all we really need is possibly a striker or two to come off of the bench (not convinced Limb is the answer here).

However, with the injuries we have, a loanee or two might help. Case in point being the Ebbsfleet game; who are the back four going to be? Payne, Jones, Barrows and Hawkins? There’s only about 13 players to pick from, so talk of rotation is a bit moot, unless reserves are drafted in.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 05:56:54 PM »
Wouldn’t be surprised to see IC ‘shuffle his pack’ a little.   With everyone fit we would have a surplus of defenders and really short on a Gash back up. 

Was good to see both Smith and Fryatt taking part in the Pre-match warm up.  So hopefully both can’t be too far away.  Wouldn’t mind seeing an experienced midfielder coming to share with Jarv, especially with Clunan out for a while yet, and Kelly maybe missing for a few weeks.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 06:03:53 PM »
Have to agree that with the whole squad fit, all we really need is possibly a striker or two to come off of the bench (not convinced Limb is the answer here).

However, with the injuries we have, a loanee or two might help. Case in point being the Ebbsfleet game; who are the back four going to be? Payne, Jones, Barrows and Hawkins? There’s only about 13 players to pick from, so talk of rotation is a bit moot, unless reserves are drafted in.

Agree with your thoughts on Limb and would probably prefer to see Joe Taylor given a few appearances off the bench to see if he can make the step up but IC sees them all in training so maybe sees something we don't?

As for defenders, I think McAuley 'could' have played yesterday but rested as a precaution although whether he will be risked at Ebbsfleet is down to IC, Fryatt must nearly be back to being included in a match day squad and Jarvis is back should we go with a back three.  Would prefer to see us with a back three if Payne is played on the left hand side as it gives him a bit more cover and would allow him to go forward a bit more (IC asks a lot of his full backs when we play 41212)

Probably agree with KES in that it would be a big ask to get this squad to compete on both fronts - trophy run gets my vote and what happens in the league will still be a bonus on pre season expectations

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »
Interesting view Tony... league would get my vote over Trophy run every time.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 07:32:31 PM »
I would have Limb, Joe Taylor and Natty Stewart in the squad for Ebbsfleet and all would feature at some stage.