Author Topic: Adam Marriott - Interest From Other Clubs  (Read 5143 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Adam Marriott - Interest From Other Clubs
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »
From Greg Plummer's Twitter:

Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews
Just spoken to @officialKLtown  director of football @Backie9  who says the stories linking striker Adam Marriott are just pure speculation.
The frontman remains on contract at The Walks and there has been no official interest from any other club at this moment.

6:14 PM · Jan 7, 2020
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Adam Marriott - Interest From Other Clubs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:06:57 PM »
That means he's going then.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 09:16:15 PM »
That means he's going then.

:laughcry:

More to the point, has his Agent been trying to get other Clubs interested in him?   :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »
Out of contract in the summer.   From a business point of view would it make sense to
Cash in now or risk him walking away in the summer for nothing.? From a fans and football point of view you would want to keep him and hope we get to the National League.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 10:25:27 PM »
Out of contract in the summer.   From a business point of view would it make sense to
Cash in now or risk him walking away in the summer for nothing.? From a fans and football point of view you would want to keep him and hope we get to the National League.

January's big news?

Marriot to sign a new contract, just before the York game?   :dontknow:

If not and he moves on during the Sumner, we'd have to break the bank to get a worthy replacement!

Sebedee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 10:45:34 PM »

January's big news?

Marriot to sign a new contract, just before the York game?   :dontknow:

If not and he moves on during the Sumner, we'd have to break the bank to get a worthy replacement!
was the big news not in relation to Mark?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 08:18:21 AM »

Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews
Just spoken to @officialKLtown  director of football @Backie9  who says the stories linking striker Adam Marriott are just pure speculation.
The frontman remains on contract at The Walks and there has been no official interest from any other club at this moment.

The most interesting word in this item is "official"  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 12:28:25 PM »

Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews

Though an official statement would be good?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 12:31:01 PM »

I know non league clubs require every penny they can get, but I can't envisage he'd attract that high of a fee considering how long is left. You'd probably only be looking at around £10k-£20k I reckon, which could be reinvested in a couple of players, but you're losing his goals so would be a huge gamble.

Mid table and he was scoring this much I reckon owner would be tempted to cash in, but with promotion a real possibility I can see him staying.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 12:35:55 PM »

Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews

Though an official statement would be good?

The "Official" statement says there has been no "official interest from any other club".  :comeon: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:

So - No other Club has made any "official" approach.   :watching:  :fish:

Un-Official interest or talks are not mentioned or denied.  :dontknow:

Hopefully no Tapping Up  :red card:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »

I know non league clubs require every penny they can get, but I can't envisage he'd attract that high of a fee considering how long is left. You'd probably only be looking at around £10k-£20k I reckon, which could be reinvested in a couple of players, but you're losing his goals so would be a huge gamble.

Mid table and he was scoring this much I reckon owner would be tempted to cash in, but with promotion a real possibility I can see him staying.

I look at it this way NL. How much would a wealthy club like York be prepared to pay to tempt Adam away from Lynn to York , if he was available. As it would go a long way to securing their promotion, I reckon around £50k might be the figure. So on that basis, he should be unavailable to anyone in Van.North and if anyone else comes knocking, that should be the starting price. A figure of £10-20k would be a joke for the current top scorer in the land IMHO...gees thats only one good Saturday's attendance money.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 12:59:41 PM »
It's already feeling like a long 'window' and we are only at the 9th !  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 05:15:59 PM »
Stevenage signed a striker from Maidstone today. 

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 09:21:45 AM »
Josh March from Leamington via SOURbridge last season went to Forest Green Rovers during this window so it can happen. I hope the lad likes Quorn btw

ooops It wasn't Stourbridge it was Alvechuch

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:50 PM »

Nothing official here, just a guess.

If we get promoted and the Club goes full time, I would think there's a very good chance of him staying.

If we don't get promoted, I think the chances are that we will lose him.

:dontknow: