Author Topic: The Pitch  (Read 6250 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: The Pitch
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 04:37:51 PM »
All games on River Lane are off again, water from the Walks must link into the same system, is the Millfleet outfall being opened to allow the water out?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
The pitch with out any doubts is in the best shape it has been for many years,looking at recent weather trends its amazing that hardly a game has bee called off full credit to the groundsman.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 07:11:44 PM »
I think they should pass the bucket round on Saturday against Dover,how many buckets have you collected Stan? :dontknow: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2020, 10:17:23 PM »
Just out of curiosity, has this bucket been passed around. If so, was it a successful? As I personally haven’t seen it

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »
I have not seen these elusive buckets anywhere.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »
Being dug up at the end of the season and more drainage put in at a cost of 50/60k.    The Chairman says this is needed so IC can play his brand of football all season and not just the opening few months.

Has IC signed a contract as that says he is with us next season.   Well done again Mr Chairman

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2020, 11:57:07 PM »
More drainage.. how much more can go in? And how much more money can be spent on the pitch. I understand the pitch is crucial for the club, so that the team are able to play the best football we can. It just seems that each season, work is being done to improve the pitch, it is working as the pitch looks a lot better than previous seasons.

I just think we were unlucky with a few weeks of lots of rain, and it buggered the pitch up, and playing on its made it worse. I’m now grass/pitch expert, but could it not be heavy rolled, plus spiked like “lynnsport pitches” seem to get done every year to them? 

I really hope with Mark Hearle now on a full time basis, can bring some major sponsorships to the club, and some supporter funded schemes to help fund the clubs vision.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
The Walks Pitch Has Been Verti-Drained
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2020, 07:59:29 PM »
So, what is Verti-Drain  :dontknow:

Verti-Draining helps alleviate waterlogging and deep aerates the ground to promote healthy growth. The ‘Verti-Drain’ decompacts soil on sports pitches by inserting equally spaced holes in the turf which allow water and air to filter through to the grass roots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFD9z0GKWrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8wGyGh8WyM
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Bluboy

• View Profile
Re: The Walks Pitch Has Been Verti-Drained
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
Great news well done all involved, getting it ready for the promotion push  :scarf:

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
Plenty of rain fall last two days, and plenty more due next week. Massive good luck to Steve with the pitch, he can only do what he can do!

With this frost sheet we’re trying to fund, would this then be also put on, to protect the pitch from rain??

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2020, 11:38:09 PM »
Nothing against Women’s football, but are they playing on the Stadium pitch as well ?  Haven’t seen it mentioned, but photos suggest that is their regular pitch.....

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2020, 01:13:26 AM »
Nothing against Women’s football, but are they playing on the Stadium pitch as well ?  Haven’t seen it mentioned, but photos suggest that is their regular pitch.....

No, they don't generally.
I think they played one fa cup game there this season.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 07:05:24 PM »
Bucket collection raised £714.16 at yesterday’s game, believe they were after £2,000 in total, with Cleeve funding the other half?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 07:44:35 PM »
Bucket collection raised £714.16 at yesterday’s game, believe they were after £2,000 in total, with Cleeve funding the other half?

No, at his Q&A evening SC said he thought the cost of a sheet to cover the area in front of the stand would be about £4K and if the fans raised £2K he would match it, given how little has been raised from our two biggest home gates of the season, I think don't think Steve can expect his sheet to arrive this season and if we do lose a Saturday or two the fans can't moan - we had our chance to show our support and blew it.  I am sorry if that upsets people but Lynn fans all seem to want to enjoy the ride until it comes down to making a contribution to the cost.  Yes, Lynn have expensive admission, expensive VIP costs (Boston was considerably cheaper) and a lack of commercial partners but if SC needs to fund any shortfall himself what else can the man to do?