Author Topic: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020  (Read 6646 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2020, 12:16:58 PM »
Just making sure you’re paying attention, WLM .....  lesson there on checking the road before you cross !  Yep, point taken - Only one Fox, and Marriott playing.  I’d better inform IC double quick !.......

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »
Greg Plummer
@GregTheLynnNews
·
16m
Ticket sales going through the roof for @officialKLtown
  v @YorkCityFC
 - currently 3,200 have been snapped up some three hours before kick-off.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2020, 12:33:01 PM »
Just have a feeling that the new lad, if selected, will score today.The gate i predict will be 3200+.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2020, 10:23:40 AM »
Just have a feeling that the new lad, if selected, will score today.The gate i predict will be 3200+.

Nearly did score with a "Power" shot that was spilled and Marriott pounced for the winner.

Crowd 4019.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2020, 10:50:26 AM »
Few more thoughts on yesterdays game, in no particular order.

For those who question how important formations are, I hope you were watching the game.  IC came up with a masterstroke with what he described in his post-match interview as a 'lopsided five' - basically 3 centre halves and one wing back (Jones) and then Power as a traditional winger who gave their no2 all sorts of problems (I imagine he will still be having nightmares in the summer).  Thought the 3 took time to settle but were also against some good, big lads from York who were no mugs but in the end did a great job.  Jarv and Richards did a good job but one of the players of the game for me was Payne when he came on - great to see him finally getting a game sitting in front of the defence where his ability to read the game was highlighted and hope he gets an extended run there - not only can he deliver a great pass but he sees forward balls quicker than anyone else in the squad.  I couldn't see how Henderson and Power could be squeezed into an 11 but both played their part and thought Hendo had a good game - again playing that bit further up the pitch where he does his best work.  Already spoken about Gash but what a game, just hope he has 17 more games in him because he isn't getting any younger and he really does give his all.  Proves we are more than just Mazza but after a quiet game he still had the deciding touch, albeit from less than a yard!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
Another part of the master plan was Barrows coming in on the left hand side in place of Fox.  Barrows stronger in the air and seem to recall Fox got a bit of a chasing at York.   Barrows held his position well on that side allowing Power not to worry about the defensive side.  Mind you, it didn't stop him tracking back and putting in some timely tackles.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2020, 11:19:46 AM »
and Barrows played with a dislocated shoulder as well! Looks like he might be out for a while

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »
Excellent performance from both teams.  Great deal of effort put in by everybody, perhaps Gash in particular.  IC’s selection job just got harder and all over the pitch.  Superb game from Power who frightened the life out of York throughout.  Concerned about the injuries to Richards and Barrows - any loss of them would be a real blow.  I was glad to hear IC say that he didn’t expect too much defending from Power, although it does help to see “ten men behind the ball when.necessary, but what an outlet Power will be when we do spring forward.......I think SP just played his way into my “KL all-time eleven” in just 90 minutes !!!

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »
Don’t fear ladies and gentlemen, relative of Ross has spoken!

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2020, 02:56:53 PM »
Scrap that..

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
He’s a relative alright Errol is his father