Author Topic: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020  (Read 5093 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020
« on: January 11, 2020, 07:55:51 PM »
After our loss at Ebbsfleet in the FA Trophy Lynn can now concentrate all our efforts to the League.

Two games in hand over York and 1point ahead and the BIG GAME next Saturday at Home against The Minstermen (after York Minster).

(King's Lynn Minster (St Margaret's) is a Grade I listed parish church in the Church of England in King's Lynn. It was granted the honorary title of Minster in 2011. The word derives from the Old English "mynster", meaning "monastery", "nunnery", "mother church" or "cathedral".)

Our Two games in Hand will not be resolved until late in the season and may even extend to 3games if Leamington get through this Round of the FA Trophy after today's 1 - 1 Draw) and our our game against them is postponed on 8th Feb.

York also have some possibly unwelcome games in The North Riding Cup with their 1/4 Final game against Whitby on 28th Jan and possible further games if they proceed.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:22:54 PM »
Prediction Time:

4 - 2 Win for Lynn with a Bumper Crowd of 2500.

Marriott 1, Gash 1, Payne 1 and Harry Limb 1.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
KLTFC 1-1 York
(Gash)
Attendance: 2,800 (650 away)

Linnet64

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:08:27 PM »
3-1 to Lynn. Mariott, Hendo & Kelly. bumper Crowd of 3,200

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 12:54:27 AM »
It would be nice to Harry scoring but at the moment he couldn’t score in a Brothel

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 07:47:42 AM »
Harry Limb has been out for ages with a virus and just working his way back up to speed.......will be an important option in the squad for the rest of the season.
Young players like him in the squad  who have had a bit of a tough time could do with a bit of support and encouragement from the fan base.........that is if we are all pulling the same way and are in it together

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »

Harry Limb has been out for ages with a virus and just working his way back up to speed.......will be an important option in the squad for the rest of the season.
Young players like him in the squad  who have had a bit of a tough time could do with a bit of support and encouragement from the fan base.........that is if we are all pulling the same way and are in it together
well said  :cheers: :clap:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
OK “everyone pulling together”, and very welcome, but is Harry Limb any good ?!  Not casting nasturtiums, but did he do well at Parson Drove(?) and Boston Town ?  Also is Richards injury long term ?

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 01:46:39 PM »
Personally I think i need to give Harry few more games before i judge , he’s had two sub appearances for us , and coming into a front line of gashy /maz  so it’s hard for him as we compare him to them ,  there’s no doubting his ability  and so do IC , last season he done ok , just need to get up to speed with rest off the team .   :scarf:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »
Well Dilly we won't find that out till he gets a run and it won't help his or the team's cause if people have a go at this stage.
I am sure IC has a better idea of his credentials than either you or me...so let's wait and see. You are one for being positive on formations, backing that up with being vocally encouraging at the ground  and on here needs to be a given surely. The squad to a man have been nothing short of brilliant this far and much of that comes from an incredible togetherness that I feel we as fans should embrace.
Who knows in a few weeks time Harry might be one of those slick individuals that we are all purring about.
I personally think Harry will be valuable and end up with 6 goals to his name by the end of the season.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 02:12:40 PM »
A little something I did notice from yesterday’s game, was that the 50/50 total prize was close to £150, and for a game with not even 700 supporters, this is a great total really. From memory we struggled to sell about that many tickets with attendance being nearly double that.

Can we really push these sales against York, believe it’s only £1 a ticket. Let’s all help the club reach its goals, and keep the ball rolling! Keep the wheels on our bus!

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »
If my memory is correct they go round and round. :comeon: On a more serious note, selling on line for us who are miles away.  :bus:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »
A little something I did notice from yesterday’s game, was that the 50/50 total prize was close to £150, and for a game with not even 700 supporters, this is a great total really. From memory we struggled to sell about that many tickets with attendance being nearly double that.

Can we really push these sales against York, believe it’s only £1 a ticket. Let’s all help the club reach its goals, and keep the ball rolling! Keep the wheels on our bus!

Need to get the pretty girls selling them again,done so much better. :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
Harry Limb I think notched a few on loan at Boston Town ( step 5).  Is he good enough to score goals at step 2?   Think in fairness we have to say the jury is out.  The one thing about the lad though is he is ours, so when he plays  he needs 100% backing.   

As for pretty young girls Griss, really ? In this day and age.  Why not pretty young boys if we are going down that route. Or why not someone whose gender matters not but has the personality and sales ability to help Mark ( the 50/50 seller) out.

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 03:40:18 PM »
If my memory is correct they go round and round. :comeon: On a more serious note, selling on line for us who are miles away.  :bus:
I live in Portugal so cannot get to the games. Can I purchase raffle tickets etc each week so that I am contributing something to the club?