Author Topic: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020  (Read 6270 times)

Bluboy

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 04:03:38 PM »
Harry Limb I think notched a few on loan at Boston Town ( step 5).  Is he good enough to score goals at step 2?   Think in fairness we have to say the jury is out.  The one thing about the lad though is he is ours, so when he plays  he needs 100% backing.   

As for pretty young girls Griss, really ? In this day and age.  Why not pretty young boys if we are going down that route. Or why not someone whose gender matters not but has the personality and sales ability to help Mark ( the 50/50 seller) out.
Think griss was just having a laugh ( but it worked to be fair as you knew where to look ) how about some Thai lady boys for ya then weíre both happy ..  tbh yeh perhaps they could be sold with programmes or made more visible but Iíve never had a problem buying them

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »
This match is attracting a huge response locally, really expect in the region of 2,500 at the very least...slightly worried with mc cauley and barrows injuries, not too enthused with Smith & ward in charge at this current time...

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »
Thought smith had good game yesterday after so long out injured, yes slip for the goal but Iíve seen it from behind the goal on YouTube and it was more of a coming together than taking his legs out  , nice to start seeing some cover back if needed ... fryatt must be getting there as well .

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 05:52:11 PM »
Are they extending the segregation to what boston had I. E more under cover? Can see them bringing a lit more than boston did considering the size of their club and the importance of the game.
A lot if buzz around the town and rightly so hearing loads of non regulars saying they coming, going to be a massive day, will quite happily take a 1-1 draw.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 11:29:39 PM »
KES80, I think you must have the wrong bloke, because Iím not a bloke, and Iím certainly not big on formations, because personally I think they are usually pretentious nonsense.  I believe they are only relevant on a subbuteo board, because whatever formation lines up, as soon as the whistle goes THE PLAYERS MOVE !  The likes of Carragher, Neville, Rednapp, etc yak profitably for hours before a game, then again after, about tactics and formations, but youíll never catch Guardiola joining in, because he knows itís about mobility and outnumbering, and nothing else.  No matter, I donít do much shouting either (!), but I do agree with you that the team,managers, and Chairman have been superb all season, and we must get behind whoever is selected and hope for a fantastic end to the season.  OK, Iíll come clean about the bloke bit !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 08:21:05 AM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »
My side would always have a formation or structure to it, so that people have key roles......its the flexibility or fluidity that you then build into it, that allows swapping of positions and leads onto the kind of football most of us enjoy.
If of course one doesn't have the quickest, most athletic, skillful and intelligent footballers at one's disposal (which of course, Pep usually does have), then one may have to compromise one's principals

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 09:53:18 AM »
Take your point, KES, about the likes of Pep and the advantage he has with his standard of players.  Without that level, as you say, you would want a structure to try to nullify superior opponents.  Where we perhaps differ is that I believe there are only about 3 positions that are more stationary in such an organised set-up - the GK and 2 CHs.  The rest of the plan would be simply about numbers - all back behind the ball, or several flood forward when the opportunity arises.  Anyway, all opinions, and good to talk...

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »
JUST DO NOT LOSE!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »
All about scoring more goals than the other side. Or conceding less. :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 02:21:34 PM »
Isn't that what's great about the way Lynn play....when you compare our goals for and against with say York, whose main emphasis or starting point is not conceding.....really hope IC's philosophy wins out Saturday and more importantly over the course of the season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 04:01:28 PM »
Even if Lynn slip up against York on Saturday then York would go away with 2 point lead but with us having 2 games in hand.  Itís almost like a free hit for us.  The pressure is very much on them to come get a result at The Walks.  However if we gain the victory we have a 4 point cushion and still the 2 games in hand. 

If anyone had said this they would have been locked away in a padded cell.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 05:53:53 PM »
Take your point, KES, about the likes of Pep and the advantage he has with his standard of players.  Without that level, as you say, you would want a structure to try to nullify superior opponents.  Where we perhaps differ is that I believe there are only about 3 positions that are more stationary in such an organised set-up - the GK and 2 CHs.  The rest of the plan would be simply about numbers - all back behind the ball, or several flood forward when the opportunity arises.  Anyway, all opinions, and good to talk...

What you are talking about is in my Tag Line:

"No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan."

Other good Military Advice:

"Time spent on a Recce is rarely wasted"

"The team is only as strong as its weakest player."

"If your attack is going really well - It's an ambush." (Opposition attacks on the break.)

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 07:24:20 PM »
Any news on injuries ? Or improvements ?  Kelly, Richards, Fryatt, McAuley , Gash ?  Or anyone else ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 01:26:21 PM »
I see tonight Boston v Gateshead game at York Street has been called off do to the amount of rain.   Whatís the state of the Walks Pitch ? 

Maybe Steve would be kind enough to give us an update ?