Author Topic: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020  (Read 6629 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v York City - Sat 18 Jan 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 02:31:56 PM »
Proper question from Mallard.  All this rain must be a real headache for the groundsman.  We all appreciate the great job heís done this season, but I canít see how the pitch can be taking it well enough to facilitate the football IC and the team want and need to play.  Look forward to someone with an update on that, and the current state of the injury list......

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 03:32:59 PM »
Boston would get called off if someone sneezed on their pitch.   Get Thursday out of the way, and the forecast is saying maybe a shower Friday, and bright sunshine all day Saturday.  I will take a 1-1. And it would not surprise me if the crowd was around 3000.

stevejuke

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 03:44:20 PM »
DRAINS ARE RUNNING WITH LOTS OF WATER COMING OFF THE PITCH,PROBLEM IS AS THE LAST 3 MONTHS IS THAT IT KEEPS RAINING, PITCH WAS VERTI-DRAINED 8 DAYS AGO,AND THERE HAS BEEN NO MACHINERY ON IT SINCE AS I WANTED TO KEEP THE HOLES OPEN AND LET THE GROUND BREATH. SO IDEALLY A COUPLE OF DAYS OF DRY WEATHER BETWEEN NOW AND SATURDAY AND WE WILL BE FINE ????? HOPE THAT ANSWERS SOME QUESTIONS.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 04:01:35 PM »
DRAINS ARE RUNNING WITH LOTS OF WATER COMING OFF THE PITCH,PROBLEM IS AS THE LAST 3 MONTHS IS THAT IT KEEPS RAINING, PITCH WAS VERTI-DRAINED 8 DAYS AGO,AND THERE HAS BEEN NO MACHINERY ON IT SINCE AS I WANTED TO KEEP THE HOLES OPEN AND LET THE GROUND BREATH. SO IDEALLY A COUPLE OF DAYS OF DRY WEATHER BETWEEN NOW AND SATURDAY AND WE WILL BE FINE ????? HOPE THAT ANSWERS SOME QUESTIONS.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »
    💦big thanks for the post stevejuke..keep up the great work👏👏 only need to cross the extended path towards the railway line to see the incredible effort you are making... :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 05:08:53 PM »
Cheers for the info Steve.  Letís hope the wind dries it up and the rain stays away.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »
Cheers for the info Steve.  Letís hope the wind dries it up and the rain stays away.

Torrential rain at the moment. :rain: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 08:41:31 PM »
Any news on injuries ? Or improvements ?  Kelly, Richards, Fryatt, McAuley , Gash ?  Or anyone else ?
Barrows is not injured as stated above but Kelly felt his calf again Saturday.Apparently Richards and Mcauley were in the kick about before Ebsfleet.Those two would be a massive loss if not playing.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 11:21:30 PM »
Thanks to Steve for update on the pitch, and to you, LS Linnet, for the injury news. It would indeed be a pity if Richards or Kelly couldnít make it, and, although I too like Rory McC, we are well stocked for CHs if Barrows and Smith are 100%.  Now letís do a non-rain dance and look forward to a classic, on paper at least......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2020, 07:32:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/yorkcityfc/status/1217829520922873856?s=21

Steve Watsonís ( York City Manager) thoughts on Saturday

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »
Have we had a dry couple of days????????????
such a shame if this game is off

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2020, 10:40:06 AM »
Lovely bright sunny day here in West Lynn.

Looking forward to a great game and hopefully a win and increase our points lead over York City.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »
Good morning.  I have selected the team for today, and will inform IC shortly.....  It is. Street; Barrows, McCauley, Smith, Fox;  Kelly, Richards, Henderson, Power;  Marriott, Fox.  Subs, (and certainly not least) Carey, Jones, Bastock, Payne, Limb.  Injuries permitting, of course....  This team to win 3 -1.......   

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
Good morning.  I have selected the team for today, and will inform IC shortly.....  It is. Street; Barrows, McCauley, Smith, Fox;  Kelly, Richards, Henderson, Power;  Marriott, Fox.  Subs, (and certainly not least) Carey, Jones, Bastock, Payne, Limb.  Injuries permitting, of course....  This team to win 3 -1.......

Great, but Fox twice and where is Gash?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2020, 12:01:50 PM »
Westlynnmike  He is playing twice as a tribute to Derek Fowlds .... boom....