Author Topic: York Line-Up  (Read 671 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
York Line-Up
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
Who would you go with ?

For me ....

Street
Barrows
McAuley
Smith
Fox
Jarvis
Carey
Richards
Henderson
Gash
Marriot

Jones
Ward
Kelly
Hawkins
Power.

Subject to who is fit of course.

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: York Line-Up
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 01:04:31 PM »
Similar proviso about fitness / availability.  Obviously the pitch / conditions will come into play but we have to set up to move the ball and move it quickly and unfortunately I think Jarvis is struggling on that front, also think Carey is much better when coming on as sub rather than starting and thought Smith did enough last weekend to nudge out Ward but happy to perm any two from three to play in front of Burrows, so...

Street
Smith, Barrows, McAuley
Jones, Richards, Payne, Fox
Henderson
Gash, Marriott

Ward, Jarvis, Carey, Kelly, Power

IC will, no doubt, have a plan in place for how he wants to set up but one thing we can be sure of is that he isn't afraid to change things (in formation if not personnel) if he thinks it needs it and he (rightly) keeps going on about the 'intelligence' in the squad making them adaptable

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 01:07:39 PM »
Who would you go with ?

For me ....

Street
Barrows
McAuley
Smith
Fox
Jarvis
Carey
Richards
Henderson
Gash
Marriot

Jones
Ward
Kelly
Hawkins
Power.

Subject to who is fit of course.

Street
Barrows
McAuley
Smith
Fox
Jones
Richards
Henderson
Kelly
Gash
Marriott

If fit. Have lost track of who’s not fit at the minute.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
Would personally play Ward for his extra height and play 3 cb's...Barrows McCauley/(Smith if Rory not fit) and Ward.
York's style and their goals against us earlier in the season show we need to prevent the big men getting across the defenders, especially in the air. If the match does go ahead, the pitch conditions will slow the game down and play a little bit towards York style, but we still have enough going forward to edge them out I feel.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 01:33:40 PM »
The opposition on their way.
Tea at McDonalds!!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »
I like Loughborough Linnet’s line-up.  My only consideration might be Carey for Jones, but either way not a concern.  I agree that Jarvis, IMO, slows things down a little, but could come on if we’re hanging on later in the game.  Whatever, fitness allowing, we have a very strong line-up, and Power available if we’re not in control (on the score-sheet !)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 02:40:32 PM »
I agree Jarv hasn’t got the legs but his vision and awareness in the defensive third give massive protection to the 2 central defenders. He also has the experience to slow the game down when needed.  Never seems to waste a pass and does everything very simple.