Author Topic: York on Saturday.  (Read 4424 times)

stevejuke

• View Profile
Re: York on Saturday.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 05:34:59 PM »
WELL ALL THE RAIN HAS BEEN A TOTAL PAIN BUT ALL THINGS CONSIDERED I THOUGHT THE PITCH HELD UP WELL AND DID NOT CUT UP AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT IT MIGHT THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR 3 POINTS. IT WAS FLAT A DIVOT FREE AT 3 PM.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »
In my eyes Steve  you wasn’t far behind power for  man of the March ( though in a race you’d be a bit further behind  :dirtbike: .     Well done and hopefully raising enough for those covers to help you  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 07:07:02 PM »
Steve you did a good job in getting the game on after all that rain.   IC is saying he can’t play the style of Football he wants to on that surface, so hopefully with all the planned drainage improvements planned for the summer it will be possible to get the surface that IC needs.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »
Saturday's collection for the pitch covers raised a total of £714:16 pence. Thank you for your donations.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 07:37:22 PM »
The collection bucket that came in the stand where I was sitting was there and gone in a flash, not passed along the row, so it seemed like those of us who were sitting on the end of the rows were the only ones to contribute.   Can’t speak for the rest of the ground but that was sure how it was where we were sitting.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 07:53:01 PM »
Got to say I didn't see the bucket

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 08:11:39 PM »
Nor me and I was in the stand from 14.20

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 08:28:38 PM »
I was in the stand and saw the bucket which was passed along the row I sat in.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 08:31:56 PM »
Collection was done at the interval, as I recall.  Seems as though it was a bit hit and miss, hence why it came out £700 quid from a crowd of that size.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2020, 09:41:15 PM »
Collection was done at the interval, as I recall.  Seems as though it was a bit hit and miss, hence why it came out £700 quid from a crowd of that size.
I’ve an idea mallard next home game why don’t you dress as a linnet and have a collection box for donations before , during and after the game  :dontknow:

Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2020, 09:41:27 PM »
I did the collection in the stand, along with another, and apologies for not getting around everyone as intended.

However after being told by 1 fan “the club should be paying why are we helping” and by another “why are you helping Cleeve” I finished doing the area I was in and took the money raised downstairs. I spoke to a couple of other volunteers/staff who had no issue with me not finishing the whole stand.

Once again, apologies for not getting to everyone but hopefully the collection will take place at next home game. If not Mark Hearle is at the club during the week if anyone wants to make a donation.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2020, 10:11:27 PM »
I did the collection in the stand, along with another, and apologies for not getting around everyone as intended.

However after being told by 1 fan “the club should be paying why are we helping” and by another “why are you helping Cleeve” I finished doing the area I was in and took the money raised downstairs. I spoke to a couple of other volunteers/staff who had no issue with me not finishing the whole stand.

Once again, apologies for not getting to everyone but hopefully the collection will take place at next home game. If not Mark Hearle is at the club during the week if anyone wants to make a donation.
You lads doing great job. , shame you had to come across some negative remarks some people doesn’t get what supporting a club means  , it’s the heart and soul of communities and love to get involved .
Be interesting to see next attendance see how many will keep coming or waiting for next big game to show their faces  :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2020, 11:11:41 PM »

You lads doing great job. , shame you had to come across some negative remarks some people doesn’t get what supporting a club means  , it’s the heart and soul of communities and love to get involved .
Be interesting to see next attendance see how many will keep coming or waiting for next big game to show their faces  :dontknow:

I think a good win against Blythe on Saturday will see at least 2000 at the Kidderminster game. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 11:17:14 PM »

I think a good win against Blythe on Saturday will see at least 2000 at the Kidderminster game. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
I like to think so griss , surely those who came yesterday could see the skill ,passion , and team spirit on show  be nice to average 2000 + for remaining games  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »
I’ve an idea mallard next home game why don’t you dress as a linnet and have a collection box for donations before , during and after the game  :dontknow:

I’d gladly help at the next home, if help was required.  Not sure about the dressing up part, can’t see that would bring much to the party.
Will certainly be giving a few quid again if another collection is made.

Disappointed for the collector if he was given dogs abuse in doing something to ensure games go ahead at The Walks.   Hate it when there is no Saturday Football, because of the weather.