Author Topic: York on Saturday.  (Read 4422 times)

Linnet64

Re: York on Saturday.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 10:57:39 AM »
I'm sure those that voiced negative comments will also have a lot to say when a game gets called off and spoil their saturday schedule.  :cry:
This is a community club, we cannot expect the Chairman to continually just dip into that pocket/budget set aside pre-season. The chairman is giving us what we want to see on the pitch possibly and likely above budget.
Perhaps a giving link on the KLTFC website will encourage more giving. It was successfull with the additional funds for the Turnstiles. I gave to the bucket a few weeks back but never carry cash to the game as a rule  :bankrupt: Were'as easy to transfer with paypal, apple or googlepay  :typing: :cheers: :clap: :scarf:

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »
Perhaps a giving link on the KLTFC website will encourage more giving. It was successfull with the additional funds for the Turnstiles. I gave to the bucket a few weeks back but never carry cash to the game as a rule  :bankrupt: Were'as easy to transfer with paypal, apple or googlepay  :typing: :cheers: :clap:

Watch this space, well not this space. But the official club website.

* I think they should/could also run this button with a target in mind and on show, and then run a tally of percentage raised to show how well we as fans are doing towards the total like the ‘Go fund me’ & ‘just giving’ pages do. This would give the whole raised money for the club a little incentive for the club to push the fans to raise the money, and publicise it through social media.  Think we could be missing the trick, if we just have a donate button! The power of social media, and facts and figures!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2020, 08:17:47 AM »
Just read Stephen Cleeve’s column from Saturday.   As entertaining as always.  The only reason I buy one.    He really is the Piers Morgan of the programme Notes World.

Keep it up Mr Chairman

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2020, 08:38:07 AM »
Just read Stephen Cleeve’s column from Saturday.   As entertaining as always.  The only reason I buy one.    He really is the Piers Morgan of the programme Notes World.

Keep it up Mr Chairman
gutted had sold out by the time I got there  ..... like you best part of the programme
If anyone has one for sale or want to get rid drop me pm

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »

Keep it up Mr Chairman
gutted had sold out by the time I got there  ..... like you best part of the programme

kltfc media
@kltfcmedia
·
Jan 19
We will shortly have a small amount of York City programmes available for purchase for those unable to buy on Saturday. If you would like one please drop me an e - mail to mark@kltown.co.uk  Thank you.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2020, 12:16:44 PM »

Keep it up Mr Chairman
Thanks for posting info  :clap:

kltfc media
@kltfcmedia
·
Jan 19
We will shortly have a small amount of York City programmes available for purchase for those unable to buy on Saturday. If you would like one please drop me an e - mail to mark@kltown.co.uk  Thank you.

Oberon

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:54 AM »
Wow. Bet whoever does the programme feels all the work is worth it with comments like that.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »
Steven Cleeve entertains me in his column, Mallard, but Piers Morgan certainly wouldn’t !.......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2020, 12:41:42 PM »
I meant more in the way that they tackle issues head on and don’t pussyfoot around.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2020, 01:28:48 PM »
Wow. Bet whoever does the programme feels all the work is worth it with comments like that.

To be fair, I would imagine Mallard's comment is a fairly widely held view.  Compare our programme with what Ebbsfleet described as a 'cut down' version and you can see where the bar needs to be set.

Oberon

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2020, 02:17:27 PM »
To be fair? I’d hate to know what you’re like when you’re unfair. I don’t think comments like that are fair on volunteers who do their best. And the programme raises hundreds of pounds for the club. I don’t remember there being an influx of applicants for the job two years ago. We make far more money on our programme than other clubs because ours is produced in-house by volunteers.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2020, 04:41:54 PM »
Surely Oberon it has to be a balance between profit and something that’s a decent read for the fan ?  There are certainly some elements of the programme that work well.  On a personal level like The Chairmans notes, the away team history/player profiles and on this day.  It’s great we have Managers notes though these are quite brief.   On the minus match reports are sometimes a couple of weeks out of date and have been available in 4 newspapers and online in various places.

Hopefully you won’t take it as being critical for the sake of it, just what one individual sees.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2020, 04:50:49 PM »
To be fair? I’d hate to know what you’re like when you’re unfair. I don’t think comments like that are fair on volunteers who do their best. And the programme raises hundreds of pounds for the club. I don’t remember there being an influx of applicants for the job two years ago. We make far more money on our programme than other clubs because ours is produced in-house by volunteers.

Oberon, so are we to judge the programme on how much it raises and only compare it to others produced 'in-house' or rather compare it to other clubs in our present league and those in the league above who we may well be competing against on the pitch next season?   

This isn't meant to knock the people who currently produce the programme or any of the volunteers but there are numerous areas off the field where we are behind other step 2 (let alone step 1) clubs which is why I still worry about what promotion would mean for the club as a whole.  Everything sort of works while IC keeps over-achieving with the resources available and days like Saturday are great but is the infrastructure there to support a National league side if we were to start struggling on the pitch and gates fell to below what we are getting this season?

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »
Doom and gloom..

I think with the appointment of Mark is a massive thing for the club and only positive can come from it.  Let’s be positive about the future, and back the club every way possible!

Linnet64

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
Here, here Brad :clap: :clap: