Author Topic: York on Saturday.  (Read 4894 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: York on Saturday.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
Doom and gloom..

I think with the appointment of Mark is a massive thing for the club and only positive can come from it.  Letís be positive about the future, and back the club every way possible!

The appointment of Mark is a positive, hopefully bringing in additional commercial income (steps in the right direction on that front with match sponsors being announced well in advance rather than Twitter requests posted in the week of the game) and should also free SC up to concentrate on other areas of the club but we equally shouldn't underestimate how far the club has come on the pitch in the past two seasons and what is required off it to consolidate that success.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2020, 05:39:12 PM »
Would hope the club will really feel the benefit next season when hopefully Mark will be able to sell everything on the back of a promotion and with the added advantage of us being a National League and TV coverage every game (shirts)  and in particular home games ( everything).

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2020, 06:20:21 PM »
Would hope the club will really feel the benefit next season when hopefully Mark will be able to sell everything on the back of a promotion and with the added advantage of us being a National League and TV coverage every game (shirts)  and in particular home games ( everything).
Love your optimism for next season .... I try and keep feet on the ground but find myself looking at the league and picking the away fixtures and whoíll be visiting fortress Walks ... give me goose bumps thinking about it  :scarf: :bus:

Oberon

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »
Match reports are out of date because the programme is only published once every two weeks doh! But Iím sure the editor would be happy to leave out the match reports. Judging by the layout of the graphics they are probably a lot of work. Iím sure he would be happy to receive your four pages worth of copy. He awaits your email - otherwise the next programme will be 36 pages instead of 40!  The funniest thing is ... you still buy it even though itís well below par sucker!

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2020, 10:46:26 PM »
It doesn't need to be ' doh ', Oberon. People are posting re items that they feel could be improved...that is positive and constructive criticism. They are also posting praise where they think it is appropriate.

Sadly social media loses all the tone and inflection that you would find if the same comments were made over a pint.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2020, 09:32:36 AM »
Morning all,

For those interested we now have a donation link on the official club website www.kltown.co.uk  if you wish to contribute towards the cost of the pitch covers. Click on the ' match tickets ' section and the link will appear there. We will provide updates as to the totals as we progress. Thanks in advance for your support.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2020, 09:48:07 AM »
Excellent.. perfect for the people who didnít get chance to donate at the games the buckets were at, and then for people who canít attend matches/live away! Letís make this happen ladies and gentlemen!

Morning all,

For those interested we now have a donation link on the official club website www.kltown.co.uk  if you wish to contribute towards the cost of the pitch covers. Click on the ' match tickets ' section and the link will appear there. We will provide updates as to the totals as we progress. Thanks in advance for your support.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »
Match reports are out of date because the programme is only published once every two weeks doh! But Iím sure the editor would be happy to leave out the match reports. Judging by the layout of the graphics they are probably a lot of work. Iím sure he would be happy to receive your four pages worth of copy. He awaits your email - otherwise the next programme will be 36 pages instead of 40!  The funniest thing is ... you still buy it even though itís well below par sucker!

Exactly,  no point in putting stuff like match reports in when everyone has read them and they could be as much as two weeks out of date.   If itís a lot of work for match reports ( with graphics) for the Ed, then leave em out.  Everyoneís a winner.  As for my 4 pages of drivel, I donít really think so, do you ?

Might be an idea to look at what other people in our league are producing.  I seem to recall we had player profiles each week at the start of the season.  Why did that stop.   How about a ĎWhere are they nowí page?  Just suggestions.

As for me being a sucker, very close.  I may well be but will continue supporting the club with admission 50/50 draw beverages, bucket collection etc. Costs me around 50/60 quid for a home game, but more than happy to do it for the entertainment we are being given.