Author Topic: Away Travel  (Read 2635 times)

CARNLYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Away Travel
« on: January 25, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »
 :bus:

I still cannot believe how there hasn't been proper away travel provided for away games by the club. It's all well and good the minibus going every week (fair play to them) however surely we could fill atleast one coach.

The players performed in front of 4000 fans last week and there will probably be around 30 lynn fans at blyth today. What a come down that is! At such a crucial time of the season with the lads approaching a title run in and closing in on a consecutive promotion, they need all of the support they can get. It would be nice to be given the chance to cheers the team over the line.

It seems to me that because it's not a money maker the chairman isnt too bothered, which is very disappointing. Let's take a leaf out of boston and Yorks book (who both brought an outstanding away following to the walks) and cheer on our team both home and away.

UTFL

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: Away Travel
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »

I still cannot believe how there hasn't been proper away travel provided for away games by the club. It's all well and good the minibus going every week (fair play to them) however surely we could fill atleast one coach.

The players performed in front of 4000 fans last week and there will probably be around 30 lynn fans at blyth today. What a come down that is! At such a crucial time of the season with the lads approaching a title run in and closing in on a consecutive promotion, they need all of the support they can get. It would be nice to be given the chance to cheers the team over the line.

It seems to me that because it's not a money maker the chairman isnt too bothered, which is very disappointing. Let's take a leaf out of boston and Yorks book (who both brought an outstanding away following to the walks) and cheer on our team both home and away.

UTFL
:banghead;  What are u on, York and Boston also saw large followings of KLTFC fans at there stadiums, we take a large following to many matches, we are well supported for the size of the club, we will not take 2/300 to all away matches but do too many. Why are u taking a pop at the chairman over away travel, he has many other items to focus on for the good of KLTFC, usually supporters clubs etc. organise away travel not the Chairman. I just find your post wrong. :oldman" :farmer:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »

UTFL

I would think the Chairman is far to busy these days to get personally involved with away travel.

Not sure where you would go with this one.   :dontknow:

Commercial dept/FOTL/ ?

We may have struggled to fill a coach previously, but would think its more likely we would be able to do so now.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 04:03:43 PM »
I think Matt and Mark are doing a great job and I agree it should be either the TFOtL or the club doing it

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 04:58:55 PM »
I think Matt and Mark are doing a great job and I agree it should be either the TFOtL or the club doing it

Matt and Mark who?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:45:09 PM »
Just wondered if any travel plans for games could be put on here ,like bus , mini bus ,or even spaces in cars , apologies if this is being done elsewhere I may of overlooked it

CARNLYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »

Sorry if I upset you and said a bad thing about the chairman xx

UTFL
:banghead;  What are u on, York and Boston also saw large followings of KLTFC fans at there stadiums, we take a large following to many matches, we are well supported for the size of the club, we will not take 2/300 to all away matches but do too many. Why are u taking a pop at the chairman over away travel, he has many other items to focus on for the good of KLTFC, usually supporters clubs etc. organise away travel not the Chairman. I just find your post wrong. :oldman" :farmer:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
Matt and Mark perhaps you should try and find out

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 07:45:12 PM »
Matt and Mark perhaps you should try and find out

Simple enough question.

What's your problem?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »

UTFL

No one stopping you from organising it.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 08:11:32 PM »

UTFL

No one stopping you from organising it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CARNLYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 08:32:25 PM »
I think the lads who sort the mini bus to a cracking job to be honest. It's a big job to sort a coach for all away games.as fans, like what we saw with nick Wiley at york., it's not really possible. It's the clubs Job to sort it really. Just wanted to make the point that it would be nice to have an official away supporters coach each week, I think we could fill it. Dont know why some of  you all have to take offence to everything, it was just a general point. I wont bother in future.

Up the lynn.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »
I think the lads who sort the mini bus to a cracking job to be honest. It's a big job to sort a coach for all away games.as fans, like what we saw with nick Wiley at york., it's not really possible. It's the clubs Job to sort it really. Just wanted to make the point that it would be nice to have an official away supporters coach each week, I think we could fill it. Dont know why some of  you all have to take offence to everything, it was just a general point. I wont bother in future.

Up the lynn.

You keep bothering away, that's what Forums are for. Especially these unofficial not connected to the Club ones.   :cheers:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 09:04:19 PM »
Itís Mark Mortimer and Matt Haney who organised the away travel  and they are doing a grand job, so
Why you would suggest that I should organise it is way beyond me

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 09:30:44 PM »

Sorry if I upset you and said a bad thing about the chairman xx

UTFL
Carnlynn, u sure did not upset me, and I am not supporting the Chairman ( the only away travel he needs to worry about is the squads), I just think your statement was totally wrong IMHO, as Marcus says keep posting as it is an open forum, forums are based on opinions and sometimes we will agree or disagree , on this occasion I have to disagree with you but on other occasions I may well agree with your opinions. This is the democracy we live in.  :oldman"