Author Topic: IF, we go up.  (Read 2745 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
IF, we go up.
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:11:24 PM »
Would we be able/willing to go full time. If not are there any teams in National League who are partime.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: IF, we go up.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »
Would we be able/willing to go full time. If not are there any teams in National League who are partime.

I've not checked myself, but speaking to someone regarding full time squads only last week, he informed me that there were no p/t National League Clubs.

As said, not checked myself, so needs verifying.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:37:05 PM »
Back in May the Chorley chairman said the club would not go full time - don't know if things have changed since then.
Sutton weren't last season, don't know about this.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 01:39:50 PM »
If then, we go fulltime, it will be the biggest,(what word should I use), upheaval, advancement, that Kings Lynn FC have ever encountered. That will take some structuring and financing. At least Mr.Gash wouldn't have to climb trees for a living. Never a dull moment at KLFC at the present time.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:50:50 PM »
Back in May the Chorley chairman said the club would not go full time - don't know if things have changed since then.
Sutton weren't last season, don't know about this.

Bottom of league at this moment in time.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »
Players must be on a good screw with Full time employment being topped up with what they can earn at this level of part-time Football.  Some would maybe have to give it careful consideration to go full time. Plus the Chairman would have give serious thought to committing to a wage bill of £25k-£35k a week for 52 weeks a year.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
Players must be on a good screw with Full time employment being topped up with what they can earn at this level of part-time Football.  Some would maybe have to give it careful consideration to go full time. Plus the Chairman would have give serious thought to committing to a wage bill of £25k-£35k a week for 52 weeks a year.

League football was Chairmans aim from day one, so I think its fair to say a full time squad woukd have been taken into account when making plans for the future.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
Thatís very true, but itís not just the players that will increase the overheads.  Full time Physio, and back room staff, catering etc.  Plus hiring/buying a full time training complex.   Is the Walks up Step Standard in terms of Ground Grading.

With everything I think we can look at outgoings on in excess of £2m a year.  That would keep
Mark Hearle busy.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »
It did ok for me back in the stone age, £8 a week in day job,and £3 quid for playing on a Saturday,Guinness 2 bob a bottle, heaven.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
There are a number of hybrid clubs, who are no longer classed as part time outfits, but train say 3 nights a week, but are not fully full time,  eg Dover..I believe.....have only one player who has another job, from what I have read... assume this is still the case.
So guess part time at first,gradually moving to the hybrid model and maybe eventually after a number of years full time. This is all far in the future tho.... let's win the league first !

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »
Quite. :scarf:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 02:31:23 PM »
What will be important is to get the core of the squad committed to the club for the next 2 years, if and when it becomes clear that we may go up. Players heads may be turned by playing against players on full time packages.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »
Players like Gash are not going to be around in a couple of years, so the recruitment will be for younger guys. This will be a learning curve for the club to attract full time players to Lynn. Due to our location, like Norwich, Lynn is on the road to nowhere, not easily accessed by road or rail quickly from elsewhere, unless we recruit from Hunstanton, Dersingham or Heacham.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 03:08:20 PM »
If we went full time where are these players supposed to train?  I also am not really sure how a hybrid system can work for anything other than a short transition to a proper full time model, I think there are a lot of things to resolve before making that sort of commitment.  B&G, as for talk of 'league football', I think SC is only now realising what a task that would be - its lovely to come in on day one and talk the talk but walking the walk is going to be considerably harder and more expensive that he ever thought.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 03:27:58 PM »
B&G, as for talk of 'league football', I think SC is only now realising what a task that would be - its lovely to come in on day one and talk the talk but walking the walk is going to be considerably harder and more expensive that he ever thought.
Tony, I feel you may have hit the nail on the head with that one.

That's unless people on Boston forum know something we don't!   :laughcry: