Author Topic: IF, we go up.  (Read 2856 times)

Linnet64

Re: IF, we go up.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 03:49:20 PM »
I understand the club are already looking for a new training facility/base. :clap:

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 04:24:06 PM »
Isn't all these comments what they call.'.speculation '?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 04:34:44 PM »
I hope Stephen Cleeve isn’t reading the NLP today and the Chesterfield article.   The Chairman there is having to pump in 150k per month.  He has personal loans with the Club of around 9.5m. 

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 04:41:30 PM »
That's mostly because their wage bill is insanley high, and still paying league 2 wages despite not being anywhere near that quality.

Club will not need to go FT. They can function PT at that level, but if club did establish themselves at that level after a season or two and wanted to kick on, they would need to go FT. I say walk then jog, before you run. Going FT straight away would be a recipe for disaster for the club.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »
For sure Non League.  I guess they wanted to keep the structure in place for a quick return to League Football, which won’t happen this season.   Owner seems keen to get a deal done with The Trust there, and who can blame him.

Part time is certainly the way forward and it might be suggested that most players would be better off, finically in working and playing part time.  If anyone could make it work at that level then IC is that man.   Should we manage to make that massive achievement of gaining promotion.   If we don’t then it will still have been a great season and am so enjoying the ride.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2020, 05:16:51 PM »
I understand the club are already looking for a new training facility/base. :clap:

and have been for a while but their obviously isn't an easy or cheap option out there so I guess the hunt goes on

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
I seem to remember Braintree stating last season as reason or excuse for their relegation from National League was because they were part-time whilst the rest of the league were largely full time.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2020, 05:50:41 PM »
For sure Non League.  I guess they wanted to keep the structure in place for a quick return to League Football, which won’t happen this season.   Owner seems keen to get a deal done with The Trust there, and who can blame him.

Part time is certainly the way forward and it might be suggested that most players would be better off, finically in working and playing part time.  If anyone could make it work at that level then IC is that man.   Should we manage to make that massive achievement of gaining promotion.   If we don’t then it will still have been a great season and am so enjoying the ride.

.....and if IC believes he needs a full time squad, but SC does not think it is possible?  :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 06:06:57 PM »
I cannot see IC getting that even if he wanted it.  I get the sneaky feeling IC likes this underdog tag with little to no pressure, and proving the pundits wrong with his achievements.

This season you listen to IC’s interviews.  Very relaxed, quite jovial.  Constantly reminding people how much we are over achieving etc.

When you compare Steve Watson’s post match interviews you can tell the expectation levels resting on his shoulders.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 09:14:22 PM »
The situation at Barrow. 

https://www.bluebirdstrust.co.uk/play-your-part/

Makes you think.

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 09:21:35 PM »
The situation at Barrow. 

Makes you think.

With the pitch cover donations, I believe we need a totaliser similar to what they’ve got here, but the club have revealed this is not going to happen 😬

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »
The situation at Barrow. 

Makes you think.

With the pitch cover donations, I believe we need a totaliser similar to what they’ve got here, but the club have revealed this is not going to happen 😬

I personally think all supporter donations for the frost sheet and other 'capital' type equipment should go through the Blue & Gold Trust GDF account - the Trust HAVE to account for any monies received in a proper manner and they have deemed to keep this account separate from 'normal' Trust funds and transfer money to the club as and when specific projects are identified with detailed costings.  It is a real shame that the Trust have not continued fund raising for this fund for now as it was very much a win-win for both Trust and Club, fingers crossed it can be reinstated at some point in the future.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:41 AM »
The situation at Barrow. 

Makes you think.

I personally think all supporter donations for the frost sheet and other 'capital' type equipment should go through the Blue & Gold Trust GDF account - the Trust HAVE to account for any monies received in a proper manner and they have deemed to keep this account separate from 'normal' Trust funds and transfer money to the club as and when specific projects are identified with detailed costings.  It is a real shame that the Trust have not continued fund raising for this fund for now as it was very much a win-win for both Trust and Club, fingers crossed it can be reinstated at some point in the future.

Would be nice to see it reinstated,and maybe another well supported quiz to kick it off? :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »
Just looking at previous totals required to go up, and I think 90 points should be the aim and be enough in the end. Only 12-13 season has 90 not been enough (2nd finished on 91) since league went to 22 teams in 11-12.

Keep Walks the fortress it is, the club would be within touching distance of that target.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »
Just looking at previous totals required to go up, and I think 90 points should be the aim and be enough in the end. Only 12-13 season has 90 not been enough (2nd finished on 91) since league went to 22 teams in 11-12.

Keep Walks the fortress it is, the club would be within touching distance of that target.

One game at a time and every weekend we keep that cushion puts more pressure on the chasing pack and less on us, for now I think IC can keep sending the lads out with a 'go play football and enjoy yourselves' attitude.  The Walks doesn't have to be an intimidating place, just one that enjoys watching and accepts the freedom that the team are playing with, that to me is far harder for teams to live.