Author Topic: Interesting to see who keeps an eye on us these days.  (Read 1149 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Interesting to see who keeps an eye on us these days.
« on: January 27, 2020, 10:07:48 AM »
The Chairman retweeted this recently:

chris akers

King’s Lynn Town FC sponsored by leading social commerce platform WeShop beat York City 1-0 with impressive performance in front of over 4,000 fans to extend lead to 4 points with 2 games in hand in The Vanarama National League
@officialKLtown

Chris Akers......................I believe is the Ex Leeds money man. Also (is/was)involved with CSI when involved with Portsmouth in 2011.

A DotCom millionaire.

I find it interesting that he seems to be keeping an eye on us.    :dontknow:

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Interesting to see who keeps an eye on us these days.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 01:27:09 PM »
Mr Ackers certainly has an 'interesting' CV, some would say (I would be one of them) the sort of bloke who personifies all that is wrong with football in England, others may say he and his ilk have been the saviour of the game with more money than ever sloshing around the game which, particularly at the top, the game has benefitted greatly from

He seems to be a Mr Fixer in matching 'investors' with the right club and I would imagine from the outside we look like quite an attractive package at present, so that would equate to 'money to be made'.  Think we need to be very careful over the next few months and what we wish for - it may come true!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 01:42:35 PM »
Mr Ackers certainly has an 'interesting' CV, some would say (I would be one of them) the sort of bloke who personifies all that is wrong with football in England, others may say he and his ilk have been the saviour of the game with more money than ever sloshing around the game which, particularly at the top, the game has benefitted greatly from

He seems to be a Mr Fixer in matching 'investors' with the right club and I would imagine from the outside we look like quite an attractive package at present, so that would equate to 'money to be made'.  Think we need to be very careful over the next few months and what we wish for - it may come true!

Just as interesting are the people he is (or has been) involved/associated with. If he's a "heavy hitter" as far as finances are concerned, God only know's how the people he associates with should be described!

Privyet!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »
Is this the big news story that both Stephen and Mark told us Was coming in January ?